UK Politics: Generation Tory

Had the misfortune to listen to some 'vox pop' stuff on radio 4 news at 6pm. Looking at voters perceptions of the job Boris is doing and voting intentions.

Based on comparison in traditional 'blue wall' areas and 'red wall' areas (Blyth).

Fucking tragic.

Blyth muppets all said would vote Tory again next election. 'He's a nice bloke', a 'character' , 'likeable', 'been dealt a tough hand' , 'doing his best'. Fucking clueless morons to a man (and woman). 'He got Brexit done didn't he!'

Voters down south (can't remember which constituency) were split, with some who had voted Tory switching next time as they saw him as 'untrustworthy', 'out of his depth',

We are fooked.

Tory govt incoming/staying for next 5-10 years easy peasy.

They could feckin rape, pillage, be as corrupt as fuck and plunder to their hearts content and the morons will just doff their caps and say...more please sir.

Was Esher in Surrey, read a piece based on a focus group someone ran. 

Must make them angry more didn’t rot of Covid given the zero impact it’s had on anything.

Something will break through, might be after the next election, but something. It'll be their own complete idiocy though, as Starmer is a complete non-entity. I wonder if they would have the same attitudes in Blyth if Sunak took over. I don't even mean that in a race sense, but he's smarmy as fuck, not sure he'd connect as well with the north. Not that I understand how Boris does, but I certainly get the general reason why he's seen as likeable. Not saying I like him, just can see why some politically illiterate types might. 

2 hours ago, hakka said:

It is so obvious she is a Tory propagandist.

I’ve just been reminded of that time she organised a Twitter pile-on of a bloke who challenged Boris Johnson while his daughter was in hospital.  She painted him as a Labour activist.

I don’t think many people will come out to vote tory next election. There will be some thickos of course, but a lot of people just won’t vote. They’re too extreme and they’ve become complacent with their ideology.

14 minutes ago, Sima said:

I’ve just been reminded of that time she organised a Twitter pile-on of a bloke who challenged Boris Johnson while his daughter was in hospital.  She painted him as a Labour activist.

Or the time she made up a Labour supporter had punched a tory.

1 hour ago, George Bailey said:

Had the misfortune to listen to some 'vox pop' stuff on radio 4 news at 6pm. Looking at voters perceptions of the job Boris is doing and voting intentions.

Based on comparison in traditional 'blue wall' areas and 'red wall' areas (Blyth).

Fucking tragic.

Blyth muppets all said would vote Tory again next election. 'He's a nice bloke', a 'character' , 'likeable', 'been dealt a tough hand' , 'doing his best'. Fucking clueless morons to a man (and woman). 'He got Brexit done didn't he!'

Voters down south (can't remember which constituency) were split, with some who had voted Tory switching next time as they saw him as 'untrustworthy', 'out of his depth',

We are fooked.

Tory govt incoming/staying for next 5-10 years easy peasy.

They could feckin rape, pillage, be as corrupt as fuck and plunder to their hearts content and the morons will just doff their caps and say...more please sir.

Good job Labour haven't elected a non-entity of a leader who has lied through his teeth about his beliefs then.

Given that Johnson has today been saying employers should invest more in their staff, can many low paid state employees look forward to decent pay and improved conditions.Thinking of many in the NHS and will the State take to task the many employers who carry out sub contracted work on behalf of the state using low paid staff ?

Tried to make it sound like a PMQs question

Edited by madras

10 hours ago, Smal said:

I don’t think many people will come out to vote tory next election. There will be some thickos of course, but a lot of people just won’t vote. They’re too extreme and they’ve become complacent with their ideology.

I think this ignores the fact they'll manufacture some kind of controversy to make the same people angry again, that'll be their playbook for quite some time if you ask me.

Footballers, ex obviously in this case, leading the arguments again. Where is the spam faced leader of the opposition? Honestly fuck them. Made excuses for him a year ago when Rashford started, "oh, sometimes celebs are needed to push these things along" but fuck this. He's terminally absent. Shame on you if you vote for them, absolute bunch of mugs you'd be. 

2 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

Footballers, ex obviously in this case, leading the arguments again. Where is the spam faced leader of the opposition? Honestly fuck them. Made excuses for him a year ago when Rashford started, "oh, sometimes celebs are needed to push these things along" but fuck this. He's terminally absent. Shame on you if you vote for them, absolute bunch of mugs you'd be. 

Shame on me if I vote Labour? 

I'll guarantee you one thing, if they get in office at the next election, they'll not include the uplift. They'll continue with Tory spending plans, just like they did in 97. 

Make a positive case for Labour, please. I'm off for the day, I'll look forward to it when back. 

I made my point last week. Labour have their flaws but are clearly a better option than the Tories. You don't have to agree with that. But I don't fucking appreciate you saying "shame on you" because I vote Labour.

It's shit, childish patter.

I mean the striking thing about that clip is I can't remember a Labour politician being so clear and forthright since the pandemic started, with the exception of Burnham.

I'm not gonna say shame on you for voting Labour but Starmer is an absolute disaster.  It's a centrist gamble that enough tories will be sick as chips come the election so they defect to a vanilla party that stand for nothing, oppose nothing and do nothing.  

Think I'm with Bluf, just about done with it really.

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I mean the striking thing about that clip is I can't remember a Labour politician being so clear and forthright since the pandemic started, with the exception of Burnham.

I'm not gonna say shame on you for voting Labour but Starmer is an absolute disaster.  It's a centrist gamble that enough tories will be sick as chips come the election so they defect to a vanilla party that stand for nothing, oppose nothing and do nothing.  

That's fine. You can have your own opinion and i respect that  but he shouldn't have said "shame on you." 

It's too much.

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Yea, I think this is a great point. When Starmer and his cabinet speak who are they speaking to? 

Neville was clearly speaking to the British people. Clear direct and to the point. 

9 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

That's fine. You can have your own opinion and i respect that  but he shouldn't have said "shame on you." 

It's too much.

Like you won't be pulling the shame on you shit when Labour crash and die on the arse at the next election cause people like me and the rest of the left tell them to get fucked. Perhaps I shouldn't have said it, perhaps you shouldn't get so defensive about it. I said the same thing weeks ago, Shay responded, but he didn't cry over my misplaced fucking anger, he just addressed the substance. 

Now I'm off to get fucking tested, good bye. 

• Rich changed the title to UK Politics: Generation Tory