UK Politics: Generation Tory

Incidentally @samptime29 how do you feel about everything the people now running the show did between 2015-2019 if the only important thing is voting Labour?  Coordinated resignations, defecting to other parties, telling people to vote for other parties, briefing against the leadership and countless other things.

It's possibly the thing I find most infuriating atm, they're trying to pull the Tory trick of pretending they never did the exact thing they did and criticising other people for doing that exact thing.  Reprehensible people who stand for nothing.

Based on everything I've read, the behaviour against Corbyn was absolutely criminal. The party machinery seemed convinced that the left could never win and should never control the party, and did a lot to sabotage him. 

Admittedly Corbyn himself sounds like an absolutely terrible manager and very averse to conflict, which is obviously not much good. But hey, he's a principled politician and that's what any voter should want. 

42 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I mean the striking thing about that clip is I can't remember a Labour politician being so clear and forthright since the pandemic started, with the exception of Burnham.

I'm not gonna say shame on you for voting Labour but Starmer is an absolute disaster.  It's a centrist gamble that enough tories will be sick as chips come the election so they defect to a vanilla party that stand for nothing, oppose nothing and do nothing.  

Think I'm with Bluf, just about done with it really.

Rayner was calling the government "Scum" the other day. I thought that was pretty fucking clear and forthright.

10 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

Rayner was calling the government "Scum" the other day. I thought that was pretty fucking clear and forthright.

Fair enough aye.  That's a bit too far though in a sense, though I totally agree with her, in that her words become the story rather than anything she's actually said.  But yeah Rayner takes it to them as well :thup:

6 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

An absolute horror show of a human. Yesterday, she was going on about people who abuse their positions of power, over others - without a hint of irony. :rant:

Edited by Big Geordie

Looks like more turmoil in the energy markets this morning.

Gazprom, who are one of the biggest players on the planet, issued new pricing at 22.15PM last night. It was pulled at 09.46AM this morning citing "unprecedented price fluctuations".

Wasnt so long ago that pricing was valid for weeks at a time...

1 hour ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Incidentally @samptime29 how do you feel about everything the people now running the show did between 2015-2019 if the only important thing is voting Labour?  Coordinated resignations, defecting to other parties, telling people to vote for other parties, briefing against the leadership and countless other things.

It's possibly the thing I find most infuriating atm, they're trying to pull the Tory trick of pretending they never did the exact thing they did and criticising other people for doing that exact thing.  Reprehensible people who stand for nothing.

I share many of the same frustrations. This Labour Party isn't up to standard that I want and that is crap tbf. But I do think there is a chance the Tories can lose the next election. It may need a coliation type deal but I don't think the next election is sealed for the Tories. And that's what i have to focus on.

1 hour ago, Papavasiliou said:

One person has yes and the leadership of the party distanced themselves from the comment ASAP. 

I don't know what's worse these smug, dishonest thieving cunts or the way it's lapped up by a good percentage of the country.

How can you watch this prick and think "you'll do for me"

3 minutes ago, Si said:

I don't know what's worse these smug, dishonest thieving cunts or the way it's lapped up by a good percentage of the country.

How can you watch this prick and think "you'll do for me"

I don't even know why I'm watching it. He's not even a good speaker. 

Claiming it was him that saw off the Super League now.  Let's not mention he met with the instigators of it days before it was publically announced or that there was a significant fan outcry.

• Rich changed the title to UK Politics: Generation Tory