Jump to content

UK Politics: Generation Tory


Recommended Posts

My favourite is how they've insisted all along that there won't be skills shortages, now that they've happened it's all some master plan and people are seemingly lapping it up. 

 

 

Edited by TheHoob

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed him championing the spirit or the England Football team who his senior cabinet slated for their political stance until they started going deep into the tournament.  Not to mention one member of that squad forced him to do a humiliating u-turn on social policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think they've realised for a while now it doesn't really matter what their actual actions are as long as they get their slogans and soundbites out. It's impressive to be fair. See also him going on about moving towards being a low tax country, despite the fact that they are putting up NI and talking about putting up Council Tax and lowering the Student Loan threshold. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, he's said at his big set piece speech that things are going to get worse, doesn't say he has any actual plan to make things better and gets a round of applause and cheers ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, madras said:

So, he's said at his big set piece speech that things are going to get worse, doesn't say he has any actual plan to make things better and gets a round of applause and cheers ?

 

Did you not see his funny hair?

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's telling people NOT to switch now. Like you, I'm on a 1 year deal with So Energy, which comes to an end at the end of Aug 2022. I'm currently paying £88 a  month for electric, but we are £250 in credit with them, at present.

 

 

Edited by Big Geordie

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

is it not pretty worrying that so many of our leaders are really thick?  Like not just not particularly well versed on the complicated stuff, but totally dense even by the lowest standard?  If someone on Love Island or Big Brother came out with something like "Misogyny is wrong even if it's a woman being misogynist against a man" or mixed up Maro Itoje and Marcus Rashford, we'd be like "Fucking hell Trev, you're proper thick".  And Trev hasn't had a private school education and been made Deputy Prime Minister.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

He's telling people NOT to switch now. Like you, I'm on a 1 year deal with So Energy, which comes to an end at the end of Aug 2022. I'm currently paying £88 a  month for electric, but we are £250 in credit with them, at present.

 

 

 

 

Aye I know, I'm saying does it make sense to jump to a new deal before April 2022 though because that's when the next price thing happens and shit will rocket as per the earlier tweet.  If you let it run beyond the cap will be based on this last 6 months prices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

 

Aye I know, I'm saying does it make sense to jump to a new deal before April 2022 though because that's when the next price thing happens and shit will rocket as per the earlier tweet.  If you let it run beyond the cap will be based on this last 6 months prices.

 

Not at the moment, as cheapest tariffs are higher than expected price cap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know much about the domestic side tbh, but the general consensus is that it will be cheaper to let your existing contract expire.

 

It will still be a jump in monthly bills but not as bad as it could be. All eyes will be on OFGEM for what the next price cap will be.

 

Neon Reef were still offering 16.5p per unit and 17p s/c yesterday though their gas isnt the cheapest i dont think. Might also be worth looking in this - https://bigcommunityswitch.co.uk/big-community-switch/home# and comparing to the cap.

 

And going by what was a market high this morning, no wonder Gazprom shit itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to UK Politics: Generation Tory

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...