UK Politics: Generation Tory

My favourite is how they've insisted all along that there won't be skills shortages, now that they've happened it's all some master plan and people are seemingly lapping it up. 

Edited by TheHoob

I enjoyed him championing the spirit or the England Football team who his senior cabinet slated for their political stance until they started going deep into the tournament.  Not to mention one member of that squad forced him to do a humiliating u-turn on social policy.

Think they've realised for a while now it doesn't really matter what their actual actions are as long as they get their slogans and soundbites out. It's impressive to be fair. See also him going on about moving towards being a low tax country, despite the fact that they are putting up NI and talking about putting up Council Tax and lowering the Student Loan threshold. 

So, he's said at his big set piece speech that things are going to get worse, doesn't say he has any actual plan to make things better and gets a round of applause and cheers ?

19 minutes ago, madras said:

So, he's said at his big set piece speech that things are going to get worse, doesn't say he has any actual plan to make things better and gets a round of applause and cheers ?

Did you not see his funny hair?

He's telling people NOT to switch now. Like you, I'm on a 1 year deal with So Energy, which comes to an end at the end of Aug 2022. I'm currently paying £88 a  month for electric, but we are £250 in credit with them, at present.

Edited by Big Geordie

is it not pretty worrying that so many of our leaders are really thick?  Like not just not particularly well versed on the complicated stuff, but totally dense even by the lowest standard?  If someone on Love Island or Big Brother came out with something like "Misogyny is wrong even if it's a woman being misogynist against a man" or mixed up Maro Itoje and Marcus Rashford, we'd be like "Fucking hell Trev, you're proper thick".  And Trev hasn't had a private school education and been made Deputy Prime Minister.

32 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

He's telling people NOT to switch now. Like you, I'm on a 1 year deal with So Energy, which comes to an end at the end of Aug 2022. I'm currently paying £88 a  month for electric, but we are £250 in credit with them, at present.

Aye I know, I'm saying does it make sense to jump to a new deal before April 2022 though because that's when the next price thing happens and shit will rocket as per the earlier tweet.  If you let it run beyond the cap will be based on this last 6 months prices.

14 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Aye I know, I'm saying does it make sense to jump to a new deal before April 2022 though because that's when the next price thing happens and shit will rocket as per the earlier tweet.  If you let it run beyond the cap will be based on this last 6 months prices.

Not at the moment, as cheapest tariffs are higher than expected price cap.

I dont know much about the domestic side tbh, but the general consensus is that it will be cheaper to let your existing contract expire.

It will still be a jump in monthly bills but not as bad as it could be. All eyes will be on OFGEM for what the next price cap will be.

Neon Reef were still offering 16.5p per unit and 17p s/c yesterday though their gas isnt the cheapest i dont think. Might also be worth looking in this - https://bigcommunityswitch.co.uk/big-community-switch/home# and comparing to the cap.

And going by what was a market high this morning, no wonder Gazprom shit itself.

• Rich changed the title to UK Politics: Generation Tory