UK Politics: Generation Tory

I mean, clearly he's being hypocritical on the bare facts because he's used the same word himself but he's also not the Deputy LOTO with a public platform. I'm pretty sure I use words, on here for example, that I don't think an elected politician should use in public. I don't think that's particularly two-faced.

That tweet was in response to a bunch of anti-lockdown crazies fighting with police, for context.

Interesting reading Jo Cox thread and comparing to this. Maybe a bit of introspection from folk about why that tory lead is so big (and to be clear, few people who I think are bigger cunts than Johnson, but the left claiming a kinder gentler politics since Corbyn is fucking hilarious)

Someone stabbed a Tory MP around 10 years ago at his office as well, and of course there was Jo Cox. I don’t know if this is really a sign things are getting worse or if it’s an occupational hazard that has always been there.

Constituency surgeries are such an essential element of our democracy, regardless of political or party persuasion, the second they're elected they are your MP to represent you in Parliament. This is an attack on everything we stand for. 

Like I say, this goes way beyond party politics, no one should live in fear of being murdered simply for doing their job. 

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Someone stabbed a Tory MP around 10 years ago at his office as well, and of course there was Jo Cox. I don’t know if this is really a sign things are getting worse or if it’s an occupational hazard that has always been there.

7 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I mean, clearly he's being hypocritical on the bare facts because he's used the same word himself but he's also not the Deputy LOTO with a public platform. I'm pretty sure I use words, on here for example, that I don't think an elected politician should use in public. I don't think that's particularly two-faced.

That tweet was in response to a bunch of anti-lockdown crazies fighting with police, for context.

I tend to disagree. It's calling a spade a spade.

I think any suggestion linking Rayner's comments and this are tenuous, and are incomparable to Trump and the raid on the Capitol building, for example.

Desperately sad.

Can't help but feel it's a reflection on how fucked up and angry as a country we have become over last half a decade or so, but without knowing what was going through the head of his attacker, probably shouldn't be reading much into it at this point. Just another tragic, indefensible act.

Awful news, MPs have an incredible role to play in society and the main part of their job involves being on the ground listening to and seeing what people are going through, this sort of incident is both cowardly and a big blow to the overall democratic process.

Aye we’re an angry hate fuelled little island.

Anyway, it looks like it’s been classed as a terror attack according to the rozzers which is huge news for Patel but few others in the never ending culture war. 

• Rich changed the title to UK Politics: Generation Tory