UK Politics: Generation Tory

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Maybe a General Strike is what we need. 

I was told yesterday that trying to organize one, is now illegal. Though am sure 'discussions' are taking place between different unions.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

I was told yesterday that trying to organize one, is now illegal. Though am sure 'discussions' are taking place between different unions.

Pretty sure the drivers will be out soon, Teachers and NHS staff being balloted, Barristers already coming out. Could be close to a Public sector general strike.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It really is time that the public fought back like on a united front 

sorry we can't, there's a trans woman in doncaster who wants to use the lasses bog so just be fucking grateful for what you've got alright

9 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

sorry we can't, there's a trans woman in doncaster who wants to use the lasses bog so just be fucking grateful for what you've got alright

They'll likely be the same people when it happens imo. I've believed it'll happen for a while if we continue down the same path. 

On 06/06/2020 at 15:11, Kid Icarus said:

It's not an aim, but if there's mass unemployment as a result of covid and Brexit, it's inevitable imo. The part of the population that have been coerced into not giving a shit about anything as long as their enemies are punished is only manageable while their own material interests are looked after. I can't see the same people who protested because they couldn't go to the hairdressers staying at home if they're made jobless en masse.

36 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

They'll likely be the same people when it happens imo. I've believed it'll happen for a while if we continue down the same path. 

Unemployment is at its lowest in our lifetimes though.  There are plenty of jobs (meaning no time to protest), they just pay fuck all.

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

Unemployment is at its lowest in our lifetimes though.  There are plenty of jobs (meaning no time to protest), they just pay fuck all.

You're right, I'd just include not being paid enough/cost of living in with the same sentiment, I'm not sure why I didn't originally really. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Only people with 'clean hands' get human rights apparently 

Seems like the same kind of attitude police had towards victims of grooming gangs - oh, they're sex workers, they're drug users, they're shoplifters, they're criminal scum not worthy of our protection. Which of course is exactly the reason they were targeted for exploitation. 

50 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

yeah doubt it'll be employment, it'll be 300 p/m for gas and electric during the winter plus whatever the fuck petrol costs then that'll break people most likely

Exactly, I think the next planned rise of energy prices in the Autumn, combined with the inevitable Covid rise (and possible restrictions), plus the shitty weather at that time of the year is really going to start pushing people over the edge (sadly). 

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Invoking Putin :lol: 

Union>Marxist>communist>Putin

Fucking hell. How thick do this lot think we are, man.

2 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Exactly, I think the next planned rise of energy prices in the Autumn, combined with the inevitable Covid rise (and possible restrictions), plus the shitty weather at that time of the year is really going to start pushing people over the edge (sadly). 

Going to be very, very grim.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Fucking hell. How thick do this lot think we are, man.

Sadly some of the population are thick as mince and suck up the tripe spurted out the orifices of the media and politicians 

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

He spoke to all of them yesterday and now they are trying to mock him.

I'll be surprised if he continues to get that much coverage after yesterday like. It'll be much easier to smear him and the strikes when he's not there to tell them they're talking shite. 

I swear news in 80s and 90s was less polarising and more of being on side of the people. I might be going nuts or can't remember, but it seems have to slid to polarised US style across last 20 years. Surely the news should be backing the public getting looked after over billionaires and business being protected above all else. The line of questioning and sly digs at Mick Lynch seems the media have all been briefed to make him look bad and undermine the strikes.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'll be surprised if he continues to get that much coverage after yesterday like. It'll be much easier to smear him and the strikes when he's not there to tell them they're talking shite. 

There’s another strike tomorrow so they’ll round on him again.

Tbh, even that might backfire because overexposure is no good for anyone. The Grenfell victims got loads of coverage and because people view news as a spectacle that's there for them to consume, they got sick of hearing about them and turned on them. It's only a matter of time that the same thing will happen with the strikes unless the people consuming the news end up being participants themselves. 

1 hour ago, mouldy_uk said:

Restrictions ffs. Have a word with yourself, man. 

Only positive is everyone I speak to from different sectors generally support the strike action. If not outright, then in principle.

Of all the money generated and printed why is it that such a large percentage has to accumulate within such a small amount of people and businesses? It's grossly unfair how the shift of wealth distribution has gone across last 50 years. The system broke 14 years ago and we've paid to bail it out with debt, and then again via austerity. Then you follow wealth across that time and it's not sorted the national debt, and it's not made us better off... it's mostly entirely filtered upwards. It just can't keep going this way. Corbyn, while not at all perfect, was going to challenge this. He was taken down. The next play is return to unions and strikes across as many sectors as possible - you can demonise an individual, but if you piss off enough of the country hopefully enough will start to see the Tory grift for what it really is.