UK Politics: Generation Tory

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There was a campaign against him within the Labour Party, never mind the establishment. 

How much better off we’d be now is indescribable. 

All his own doing at the end of the day.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

All his own doing at the end of the day.

Nah it wasn’t. He had a lot of failings in terms of management and conflict resolution etc within the party, but a lot of them were out to sabotage him from day one.  

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nah it wasn’t. He had a lot of failings in terms of management and conflict resolution etc within the party, but a lot of them were out to sabotage him from day one.  

He should have stood firm and refused to back a second referendum which I think he wanted to do, too much pressure from inside got to him.

4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

He should have stood firm and refused to back a second referendum which I think he wanted to do, too much pressure from inside got to him.

Which second referendum? The confirmatory vote ?

4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

This is undoubtedly true, but Ian's right that they were out to get him from day one. Reading that report that came out showing how high ranking members were working against him during the 2017 GE is the most vindicated but rage-filled I've felt in a long time.

In hindsight he maybe should have actually  had the 'Stalinist purge' of MPs he was accused of doing anyway, but the juggernaut through the eye of the needle he had to thread to get near power was unbelievable. 

9 hours ago, madras said:

Lynch ? Could work but it's a big risk.

I agree if anyone watched the recent QT in Newcastle the audience were obviously hand picked as most of them supported the Torys and Boris, I was so frustrated I had to turn it off

9 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There was a campaign against him within the Labour Party, never mind the establishment. 

How much better off we’d be now is indescribable. 

He does mention that.

One thing I am enjoying about this dispute is the obvious fume and discomfort in presenters when their guests come out in support of the strikes despite being put out personally.

GMB was a great example this morning with a guy who works offshore and had a long trip back to see family.

13 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Want to see an arse-kicking, on last night's Peston?

He's such a fucking spunk bucket, that Robert Jenrick. Utterly abhorrent cunt promoted well above his capabilities as Community Sec.

Isn’t Jenrick the one who twisted the councils arm to approve a development which cost the council millions in tax? Or is that a different Tory?

im not going to lie, they are all the same to me so it’s hard to keep track. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Isn’t Jenrick the one who twisted the councils arm to approve a development which cost the council millions in tax? Or is that a different Tory?

im not going to lie, they are all the same to me so it’s hard to keep track. 

It was something like that. I can't quite remember, which is weird. When you see his name you think "Ah that cunt" amd you know what he did, but then in a moment you've forgotten what it was he actually did, because there is so much shit going around it's hard to keep score.

I've just been looking at some yanks getting terrified by communism, and when you look at it in he plain light of day, it's quite understandable. I mean, is any one of these cunts any better than Stalin?

20 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

It was something like that. I can't quite remember, which is weird. When you see his name you think "Ah that cunt" amd you know what he did, but then in a moment you've forgotten what it was he actually did, because there is so much shit going around it's hard to keep score.

I've just been looking at some yanks getting terrified by communism, and when you look at it in he plain light of day, it's quite understandable. I mean, is any one of these cunts any better than Stalin?

He sat next to a massive property developer at a Tory donor dinner and afterwards received a few text from the bloke to chivvy him along to approve the development. Suffice to say, the cunt duly obliged and later claimed it was 'entirely coincidental' that he happened to sit next to, and then approve, the developer's plans.

The cunt also approved millions of pounds of funding to Tory constituencies to 'level up' despite them being some way down the list of the most deprived regions in the UK.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

He sat next to a massive property developer at a Tory donor dinner and afterwards received a few text from the bloke to chivvy him along to approve the development. Suffice to say, the cunt duly obliged and later claimed it was 'entirely coincidental' that he happened to sit next to, and then approve, the developer's plans.

The cunt also approved millions of pounds of funding to Tory constituencies to 'level up' despite them being some way down the list of the most deprived regions in the UK.

Cheers. I thought he was also involved in Grenfell.

12 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

This is undoubtedly true, but Ian's right that they were out to get him from day one.

again i'm not a corbyn truther but i do find it intensely frustrating to hear people say things like "the public just didn't like him" and so on about jez like it all happened in a vacuum rather than the press rooting about in his bins and shit every single day for stuff to throw at him

what was the beans thing, remember that? :lol: wasn't it that some bellend wrote a book and corbz ex said he ate his beans funny or something ridiculous and the cunt was all over the telly talking about it

no shit people hated him by the end of 5 years

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

He's such a fucking spunk bucket, that Robert Jenrick. Utterly abhorrent cunt promoted well above his capabilities as Community Sec.

The whole cabinet is full of desperate ladder climbers that Boris has total control over and will never be heard of again when Boris goes, the likes of Lynch and Burnham need to take Labour by the scruff of the neck and landslide the next election.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

What a load of absolute shite.

Isn't like, he performed well in the 2017 election if he'd had a back bone stood up to the party and idiot groups like momentum and not backed a second referdum things would have worked out a lot differently.