UK Politics: Generation Tory

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

With a very slim but influencial and largely heard portion of the country, but I think you're getting into nihilist territory to think the situation is totally hopeless and that a suffering wider public are too far gone. 

ya i need to see evidence that they're not too far gone to be honest, 2010 was understandable...2015 they should never have got in again after austerity....shudder to mention everything they've done since then yet still hold a very strong base

maybe i'm too far gone :lol:

My mother in law is a typical Daily Mail reading, well off, Tory voting pensioner and she hates this lot and especially Boris. That alone gives me hope we can flush this shit away. 

5 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

My mother in law is a typical Daily Mail reading, well off, Tory voting pensioner and she hates this lot and especially Boris. That alone gives me hope we can flush this shit away. 

Don't forget to come back after Boris steps down.

Any idea if there is anybody in the tory party she likes? 

16 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

ya i need to see evidence that they're not too far gone to be honest, 2010 was understandable...2015 they should never have got in again after austerity....shudder to mention everything they've done since then yet still hold a very strong base

maybe i'm too far gone :lol:

Even in 2019 at the absolute height of despair, anti-Corbyn rhetoric, and rampant Brexiteering, the majority of the electorate didn't even vote for the Tories and that's with Scotland being a write-off to the SNP. We should never ever lose sight of that. 

Don't get me wrong like, I'm massively of the opinion that people need something to vote for, not vote against - and doing so means taking on capital and the media - but even that has a limit. The Democrats were able to crawl over the line by recreating Weekend at Burnie's against the most populist candidate I've seen in my lifetime, and that's in a country far more gone in terms of being under the boot than we are. If things get bad enough they'll vote against what they have. My fear is the even bigger, more dangerous populist that comes in after centrism yet again kicks the problems into the long grass. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

9 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Exactly the same situation here. My family's riddled with landlords, bigots, and reactionaries. They all hate this government and Johnson. 

Could so easily be the greatest satire in history if he wasn't actually real. 

Also, anyone who is romantic over the British Empire should be avoided as it's one of the biggest warning flags going. 

listening to lib golden boy JOB this morning see what he's saying about the tories, first time in months

started on about johnson & ukraine as dowden mentioned it in his letter then proceeded from nowhere and for no reason to point out to his dripping lib audience that boz is only acting in the same way that any politician in the HoC would...no wait every single one of them except Corbyn of course...no wait probably Abbot as well so let's say everyone except Corbyn and his cabal

lost a lot of respect for the guy over his corbyn shit like, i still feel like on some level he's trying to convince himself he was right to slaughter the guy given what's transpired

wonder what he thinks famously anti-war activist jez corbz would have done

43 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

I’m still convinced this guy is an actor, surely no-one is that out of touch……surely?   

😀

As if he's ever bought a fucking vacuum cleaner [emoji38]

He really is indicative of the status historically and culturally given to a smart suit and a posh accent. The cunt should be thrown to the wolves.

2 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

tactical voting is the key really, if they want the tories out - rather it be official but if it has to be backdoor then, hopefully the libs can force electoral reform onto the agenda

it's what is needed

The tactical vote was absolutely enormous. LDs and Labour both lost their deposit in the seat they didn't win.

Just now, Wullie said:

The tactical vote was absolutely enormous. LDs and Labour both lost their deposit in the seat they didn't win.

will they, labour in particular, have the stones to do it in a GE though?  i really don't think they will

21 minutes ago, toon25 said:

As if he's ever bought a fucking vacuum cleaner [emoji38]

He really is indicative of the status historically and culturally given to a smart suit and a posh accent. The cunt should be thrown to the wolves.

‘Democratic accountability.’ Does this cunt not read the paper? 

Honestly, the little cunt has been playing Lord Snooty since he was 4 years old and nobody has had the sense to beat the shit out of him.

I missed my opportunity, on the train back from Epsom, on Derby Day. I didn't know who he was at the time.

There's only one real "traditionalist" aka "I'm a middle-class middle-aged person that doesn't want anything to change as I remember when it woz better in the past and fuck them kids" option to vote for in the Tory Party, but some many alternatives. They need to change first past the post. 

24 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

will they, labour in particular, have the stones to do it in a GE though?  i really don't think they will

They need to, even if it's unofficial. So many seats that neither they nor the Lads will win otherwise. 

Similarly the LDs would need to get behind it and accept they're the juniors in such a pact. 

33 minutes ago, Ben said:

What in holy hell would actually make Boris resign ?

He is Putin lite. He won't leave. He'll try and change the laws at some point so he can stay in power indefinitely. 

Hopefully by then someone has offed him.