UK Politics: Generation Tory

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Good Tory is a misnomer, because they're all still members of the Conservative party and share their core values.  They're just not at the Priti Patel evil end of the spectrum.

THat's the really worring thing. The current public crop are so outright right-wing people are going to think its entirely normal and fine and that there might even be 'nice' Tory ministers. 

15 minutes ago, hakka said:

OK, it felt like your were assuming and referencing people in this thread at first.

Nah, I’d just reply outright if that was the case.

It's probably not communicated properly either. It doesn't mean they're acting nice with any philanthropy or that they're not personable. I'm sure they think they're good people, say the right things, and are easy to get on with, it's that those things don't mean they're politically useful. In practical terms they're always Tories doing what Tories do.

Look at Rory Stewart. All the fawning over him for being pro-E.U and when it came down to it he couldn't even vote against the possibility of No Deal.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

If there are no good Tories does that mean there are no good Tory voters?

I mean they are essentially validating the Tory members existence, voting and intention in life 

No. Because they’re either intentionally voting for the Tories. Which may as well be a vote for starving kids to death.

Or, they’re voting for the Tories because they are too thick to understand the implications.

Either downright sick or downright thick.

51 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

No. Because they’re either intentionally voting for the Tories. Which may as well be a vote for starving kids to death.

Or, they’re voting for the Tories because they are too thick to understand the implications.

Either downright sick or downright thick.

Or they've always voted that way, or at election time they like the sound of the manifesto, they generally don't pay much attention to politics, etc. 

I don't see how demonising the part of the electorate that votes contrary to you helps matters. 

5 minutes ago, Cf said:

Or they've always voted that way, or at election time they like the sound of the manifesto, they generally don't pay much attention to politics, etc. 

I don't see how demonising the part of the electorate that votes contrary to you helps matters. 

Thick then.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Thick then.

Sure. But that's how you disenfranchise voters. 

A lot of labours current strategy is based upon making these people think they can vote for them. We can argue about how well they're doing this and how much they're compromising themselves but these are the types of people who decide elections.

To dismiss them as sick or thick is to lose. 

10 minutes ago, Cf said:

Sure. But that's how you disenfranchise voters. 

A lot of labours current strategy is based upon making these people think they can vote for them. We can argue about how well they're doing this and how much they're compromising themselves but these are the types of people who decide elections.

To dismiss them as sick or thick is to lose. 

I’m not talking about voting strategies or mandates, it’s a straightforward remark that anyone voting for the Tories are abhorrent.

There isn’t a single justifiable reason to put a mark in their box. Anyone doing that right now or previously are thick as pig shit.

If Labour or any other party are able to successfully turn their heads in the future, it doesn’t stop them being thick as shit for the damage they’ve already allowed to occur to this country and the people living (or not) within it.

4 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

If there are no good Tories does that mean there are no good Tory voters?

I mean they are essentially validating the Tory members existence, voting and intention in life 

There are people who I'd like to think of as mostly politically aligned with me that think there are good Tories for a start :lol:

, so definitely not. 

It would be absolutely ridiculous and incredibly counter productive and patronising to think that everyone who's ever voted for the Tories is a lost cause that should be dismissed and moralised to.

8 hours ago, hakka said:

Rory talks well and seems an OK guy for a Tory.

Similarly found Ken Clarke and Dominic Grieve seemed more moderate or sensible Tories. Nearly said compassionate, but it's pretty much impossible to use that word for these people :lol:

Clarke and Stewart at the very least have more than one brain cell which puts them ahead of any of this government at the moment.

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

But you would agree that sportswashing exists, yeah? Do you really see any difference? Consider his voting record and past that completely contradict any notion of being decent or charitable.

I don’t know what aspects of his past you mean.

Voting record yeah, I’m sure I would disagree with him on many things. But that’s party politics, people vote how the party expects them to for the most part. 

At least he got out when they got too evil. 

As James O’brien pointed out recently. He spends all day looking in to this stuff, and this is the best he can come up with.

Edited by Rafalove

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

As James O’brien pointed out recently. He spends all day looking in to this stuff, and this is the best he can come up with.

We tanked our economy for this :lol:

13 hours ago, Cf said:

I know a few Tory voters who aren't Tories. They are shit scared of Labour (High taxes, ruining the economy, soft on immigration, unions having too much power etc).

Edited by madras

Too much power? The unions have as much power as the social requirement for their industry allows. If the country is dependant upon railways then the railway unions have a lot of power. They probably don't use it enough. 

Like when you get lary cunts on the train, I'd drive to an isolated part of the country then go on strike. Just leave the train full of people and the prick that created their situation. People might ignore these things knowing that they're getting off in two stops, but if they know they're going nowhere, from nowhere, they'll tear that person to tiny pieces and scatter them across the green and pleasant land.

Edited by Happinesstan

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Too much power? The unions have as much power as the social requirement for their industry allows. If the country is dependant upon railways then the railway unions have a lot of power. They probably don't use it enough. 

Its how they see it. Not that they unions HAVE too much power now but under Labour they would.

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

If it's safe and works, why change it. You fucking spunk bucket.

9 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t know what aspects of his past you mean.

Voting record yeah, I’m sure I would disagree with him on many things. But that’s party politics, people vote how the party expects them to for the most part. 

At least he got out when they got too evil. 

By his past I mean as his role in Iraq and Afghanistan. It perfectly illustrates the point when I think about it, he worked as a diplomat and helped write the 'Iraqi' constitution, presumably because he's diplomatic and personable, but he shouldn't have been there as part of in immoral occupation. Likewise getting plaudits as the 'nice Tory' or for charity work, but he wouldn't have been in the Tory party in the first place if he was any kind of humanitarian. He only left because of Brexit.

I get the party politics line but it's another indicator that they're not politically useful for me. MPs (like Sam Gyimah did with Labours No Deal motion) break the whip regularly. For Rory Stewart to have made Brexit his pet project then vote against removing the possibility of No Deal because Labour put it forward showed that being a Tory comes before any contrary principles.