UK Politics: Generation Tory

Yorkie

No shit she won't want a snap election the ridiculous cunt [emoji38] She's going to get absolutely pulverised in the next few years like, even the gammiest of gammons isn't going to be as easily persuaded by culture war bollocks when they are feeling the squeeze, and she's got absolutely fuck all to offer anyone behind the bluster, and she's even fucking shit at that. 

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Why don't we just abolish tax altogether? If tax cuts are the solution to everything, surely we would arrive at Utopia.

More chance of cancelling death itself.

10 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Why don't we just abolish tax altogether? If tax cuts are the solution to everything, surely we would arrive at Utopia.

One can dream.

image.thumb.png.6fdca61499a6f658229e640b560d197a.png

There’s only one tax that needs to be cut, and it can be temporary.

duty on fuel.

it’s a deflationary cut both directly at the pump and also through the supply chain.

it affects pretty much everyone directly and/or indirectly.

On top of that I’d be calling the fuel cap and the current rate (or with a 10% haircut) for the next 9 months and let the energy sector take some of the burden.

then spend your energy on setting the longer term strategy for the country 

If the government didn't kill your conservative voting grandad during covide they will this winter when he's shivering in his bungalow.

1 hour ago, Si said:

If the government didn't kill your conservative voting grandad during covide they will this winter when he's shivering in his bungalow.

Is this the catchy tagline they’re going with once Truss takes over now that ‘Get Brexit Done’ is definitely completely done and a major success?

With regards to duty on energy and fuel why can't they just do what they did with the betting companies and cancel it from the punter and put it on the profits of the company ? 

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

With regards to duty on energy and fuel why can't they just do what they did with the betting companies and cancel it from the punter and put it on the profits of the company ? 

I think you know why.

4 hours ago, Sima said:

“I’ll bring in law to stop people criticising me.”

that clip of the tory audience just reinforces that it's a game to a lot of them, late 50's/60's sitting their grinning at it while everything burns around them

fuck all tories

9 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

There’s only one tax that needs to be cut, and it can be temporary.

duty on fuel.

it’s a deflationary cut both directly at the pump and also through the supply chain.

it affects pretty much everyone directly and/or indirectly.

On top of that I’d be calling the fuel cap and the current rate (or with a 10% haircut) for the next 9 months and let the energy sector take some of the burden.

then spend your energy on setting the longer term strategy for the country 

see these seem like eminently sensible suggestions to me like, they even seem like things the tories might be able to convince themselves are in line with their "beliefs" in order to make it happen

Sorry, but how are all of these fuckers still on holiday. I get everyone needs a break, but we can run parliament and all the select committees while a few are in the sun. You watch, come September there will be MPs calling for crisis measures who have been silent for weeks. 

21 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

that clip of the tory audience just reinforces that it's a game to a lot of them, late 50's/60's sitting their grinning at it while everything burns around them

fuck all tories

I was lifted by the clip of the aftermath of Molly McCann's fight at the O2 in London, where she led the whole crowd - 20,000? - in a chant of 'Fuck the Tories'.

Demographically speaking, the end is coming for this shambolic 45 year right-wing, free ride.

I can't wait...

5 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

I was lifted by the clip of the aftermath of Molly McCann's fight at the O2 in London, where she led the whole crowd - 20,000? - in a chant of 'Fuck the Tories'.

Demographically speaking, the end is coming for this shambolic 45 year right-wing, free ride.

I can't wait...

Haven't there been chants of this at football games and the like too? Or at least Fuck Boris. When it starts hitting the popular narrative like that you're fucked. 

49 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

I can't wait...

Yeah, I think a few clubs ownerships will be wary about playing Pigbag over the coming weeks.

Edited by madras

2 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

fuck all tories

Remember though, not all cunts are tories. 

I feel like something is going to kick off over winter with all these energy price increases and a looming recession, mixed with the shit show Brexit and the Governments decade of self-serving and enrichment. 

31 minutes ago, OCK said:

I feel like something is going to kick off over winter with all these energy price increases and a looming recession, mixed with the shit show Brexit and the Governments decade of self-serving and enrichment. 

The public will take to the streets to blame Unions, refugees, and immigrants?

I don’t get why Liz Truss wants to be PM only until the next election and oversee a disastrous period for peoples’ lives without bother to do anything about it. 

All she’ll be able to say is “I was once prime minister for a bit”. Power hungry people are weird. 

22 minutes ago, Klaus said:

The public will take to the streets to blame Unions, refugees, and immigrants?

And "the woke", don't forget the woke.

The right wing media and their idiot followers are talking of very little else at the moment, the next election will be fought on this nonsense.

I know we like to moan about the culture war stuff, but the cost of living is far more important to people according to polling. Outside of people who've let it take over their lives, people really aren't all that bothered about trans issues or whatever. People aren't even that bothered about immigration at the moment. 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/the-most-important-issues-facing-the-country

I don't think people will stand by when they see a recession coming, they have to choose between heating their homes or eating, they have to cut down on their leisure and luxury spending, they see basic NHS provisions absolutely falling apart etc. all whilst they see BP announcing record £7bn profits every quarter and the government does absolutely fuck all about it. September will see a lot of strike action and discontent and hopefully the unions can work together to choreograph action across different sectors. 

The unions are doing a really good job of putting class at the forefront of the narrative. It's the only thing working people can unite around.

Edited by Smal