UK Politics: Generation Tory

Yorkie

There’s a lot of truth to that, they were terrified of someone who wasn’t corrupt and who was going to call them out for their corruption. Sadly, the entire press was against him, including the small traditional Labour press and it was partly down to his own doing where he wouldn’t give an inch on anything and he was terrible at playing the game. That’s what makes him a good person but sadly that person can’t succeed in politics because of how broken both the system and the media are

5 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Big expose on Labour at 9 on Al Jazeera

Did the person who referred to the woman as "a bit of a Jekyll and Hide" seriously not know how to spell the name of one of the titular characters from the book they were referencing?

Not sure it was necessary to keep focussing on denial that there were any homophobic gestures after it was stated that Eagle wasn't even at the meeting in question.

Harriet Harmon can get tae fuck.

Edited by Happinesstan

Good to see the Tories finally coming up with a genius plan in order to fix the economy, and help for the poorest is being announced at the moment, with the first thing mentioned being.....

Checks notes

Scrapping the cap on the amount of bonuses bankers can earn...

Cool.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Good to see the Tories finally coming up with a genius plan in order to fix the economy, and help for the poorest is being announced at the moment, with the first thing mentioned being.....

Checks notes

Scrapping the cap on the amount of bonuses bankers can earn...

Cool.

Surely bonuses will be inflationary. At least that's what the rail workers, communications workers, NHS, Education and barristers have been told.

9 minutes ago, Wullie said:

They've abolished the top tax rate?! Jesus Christ :lol: :anguish:

Don't worry twitter is already arguing the semantics that someone on £150k vs £50K pays a lot more as they lose their personal allowance. Ignoring the fact that someone earning over £150K is doing very well for themselves whilst other people in the country can't afford a can of fucking beans. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

In things that benefit me, IR35 was absolutely crushing for my job prospects so abolishing that will be amazing. 

IR35 gone? Oooh. Interesting. Why I cba to be a contractor. Not that I'd do it now I've gone in a different direction but interesting nevertheless 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

IR35 gone? Oooh. Interesting. Why I cba to be a contractor. Not that I'd do it now I've gone in a different direction but interesting nevertheless 

Repeal of the 2017 and 2021 rules from April. 

Means I might stick with my current job until then TBH. I was planning to move ASAP, but might not be worth it. 

Cleaner for admin to start in the new financial year as well. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

We’re doing disaster capitalism. The disaster in question being 12 years of the Tories absolutely fucking everything into the sun.

The IEA are basically running the country now. Things are going to get really grim really quite quickly.

1 minute ago, samptime29 said:

Absolute cunts. Borrowing massive amounts of money to cut taxes for the super rich. 😂 

Essentially siphoning future taxpayer income streams to the private sector, and setting the table to smear Labour as being the "party of raising taxes" when the Tories are back in opposition.

8 minutes ago, Beren said:

Essentially siphoning future taxpayer income streams to the private sector, and setting the table to smear Labour as being the "party of raising taxes" when the Tories are back in opposition.

I don’t even think it’s that considered. It’s just one last raid on the country before they’re turfed from power.