Iconic Films You've Never Seen

Mike

Because we need another room where we call each other cunts like the old married commune we are now.

Tomato Deuce[/member] is an absolute disgrace and has only recently seen Die Hard, which obviously disqualifies him as a person, but despite Deuce being human garbage (54 called him out in the Christmas thread and I'm running with it for some reason. :lol:) we've all got amazing films we've neglected to see.

I've never properly watched The Godfather.

I’ve seen the first Godfather, was stoned out of it at the time though and don’t remember what happens.

Quite a few of the old classics, I suppose.

Godfather and Back to the Future are the super famous films that I’ve never watched that I have no good reason for. I’m sure I’d have loved them.

I don't know if they all count as iconic, but I went down the first 100 of the IMDB Top 250 and, excluding films before 1950 or so, these were probably the most notable ones I can definitely say I missed.

Inception

My interest in seeing it was ruined by the fandom.

Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke

I dunno. Just never have.

WALL-E, The Prestige, Das Boot

Similar to the Studio Ghibli stuff above, just never made it.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The title sounds like pretentious garbage (I know it's a line from a poem, which is also garbage) and based on the little I've heard about the plot and such, not interested.

BTTF is legitimately magic, man.

Fuck me. Deuce hasn't seen Die Hard, Shak hasn't seen Back To The Future (was thinking about the Chuck Berry/Van Halen scene just a couple of hours ago). SEMTEX, what's the glaring omission in your collection?

Over the years, I've come to realize that the number of movies I was watching at my peak was absolutely ludicrous. I did work in record shops, mind, which helped.

Also, Troll, get Jaws watched. Watch it late at night, in the dark. Ideally on a boat.

Also also, I love that Mike's introduction to Ghibli seems to have been Grave of the Fireflies. Probably the one Ghibli movie that I will never let myself watch again. I stumbled across My Neighbor Totoro late at night when I was probably in my early twenties and it just completely entranced me.

For some inexplicable reason I keep missing Fury Road, despite almost certainly being the only person on here to have seen every other single film George Miller has directed since Mad Max. I think I'm waiting for a limited re-release in the cinema.

I don't know if they all count as iconic, but I went down the first 100 of the IMDB Top 250 and, excluding films before 1950 or so, these were probably the most notable ones I can definitely say I missed.

Inception

My interest in seeing it was ruined by the fandom.

Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke

I dunno. Just never have.

WALL-E, The Prestige, Das Boot

Similar to the Studio Ghibli stuff above, just never made it.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The title sounds like pretentious garbage (I know it's a line from a poem, which is also garbage) and based on the little I've heard about the plot and such, not interested.

None of these are iconic. And in fact, the last one is actual trash. One of the most self-involved films of all time.

Any of the Star Wars

Any Lord of the Rings

Titanic

Home Alone

Any of the Rockys

Star Trek

Terminator

Back to the Future

Ghostbusters

Die Hard

Probably loads more

Joey man good man, I can only assume you are amazingly adjusted and had a childhood that involved running around and solving crimes with your four mates because........

Any of the Star Wars

Any Lord of the Rings

Titanic

Home Alone

Any of the Rockys

Star Trek

Terminator

Back to the Future

Ghostbusters

Die Hard

Probably loads more

No way :lol: there is a time fugitive hiding in the meseolithic age who has seen more of those than you, fuck off

Any of the Star Wars

Any Lord of the Rings

Titanic

Home Alone

Any of the Rockys

Star Trek

Terminator

Back to the Future

Ghostbusters

Die Hard

Probably loads more

Sub in

Harry Potter

Pretty much any other wizard, noncey fantasy garbage

Godfathers

Batman/Superman etc.

Any of the Star Wars

Any Lord of the Rings

Titanic

Home Alone

Any of the Rockys

Star Trek

Terminator

Back to the Future

Ghostbusters

Die Hard

Probably loads more

I've seen Die Hard and some of the Rocky's. Never seen any of the rest or The Lion King