Album of the Decade

Super Duper Branko Strupar

Albums worthy of mention, imo...

Bon Iver self titled and 22, A Million. Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City and Damn. Chanel Orange and Blonde. Suburbs. Acid Rap. Kamikaze. When we all fall asleep where do we go. Run the Jewels 1 & 2...

Probably loads more I can;t immediately recall. Not at all been a good decade for "Band music", imo. Indie, Rock and variants etc. Not exactly the time for it but I can;t think of any band other than Arcade Fire actually moving music forward in that genre and saying stuff worth listening to. I'm sure IP will be along to correct me though after listing every Horrors album.

Blackstar

:coat:

Don't think that's a bad shout. If only for Blackstar and Lazarus alone, they are that fucking strong. Rest is a bit of a mismash but it's Bowie music, so....

Dollar Days is delightful. I fuck with the entire album front to back but I'm biased.

Albums worthy of mention, imo...

Bon Iver self titled and 22, A Million. Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City and Damn. Chanel Orange and Blonde. Suburbs. Acid Rap. Kamikaze. When we all fall asleep where do we go. Run the Jewels 1 & 2...

Probably loads more I can;t immediately recall. Not at all been a good decade for "Band music", imo. Indie, Rock and variants etc. Not exactly the time for it but I can;t think of any band other than Arcade Fire actually moving music forward in that genre and saying stuff worth listening to. I'm sure IP will be along to correct me though after listing every Horrors album.

:lol: Not every Horrors album because Primary Colours was 2009 and Luminous ain't that great tbh.  Skying and V are brilliant though.

I'd probs go with Wild Light by 65daysofstatic as my fave of the decade, really getting into Lorn recently too.  Suburbs a good shout.

Actually if I was allowed to cheat a bit I'd maybe go for Woman Worldwide by Justice but it's a compilation that resembles their live set so definitely stretching a bit.  Moderat, Bonobo, Pessimist, Clark, Daniel Avery, Jon Hopkins put out some great stuff too.

Parquet Courts "Light up gold"

Warm Digits "Keep warm with......"

Houndstooth "Ride out the dark"

Public service broadcasting "Inform, educate, entertain"

Sleator Kinney "No cities to love"

Fontaine DC "Dogrel" maybe too recent.