Everton 2-2 Newcastle United - 21/01/20

Disco

Guest neesy111

100% BS they are more motivated for Bruce than Rafa.

Some of them definitely are, Clark, Shelvey, Hayden for starters, the British plodders.

Clark and hayden were perfectly fine last season.  Shelvey's playing for a new contract.

100% BS they are more motivated for Bruce than Rafa.

Some of them definitely are, Clark, Shelvey, Hayden for starters, the British plodders.

Clark has been solid pretty much throughout his time here. Hayden had a really strong end to the campaign last season. Shelvey fair enough.

We have a worse team than last season and a worse manager than last season and yet results are undeniably better and the players appear to be more motivated playing for Bruce than they were for Rafa. No logic to it, but it is what it is, and a lot of us are going to have to suck it up.

Oh man. Now this is a depressing read.

Guest neesy111

The team might be shit, the style of play diabolical, the luck definitely with us, but it's undeniable that the players refuse to give up and keep fighting to the end. For Bruce. Go figure that.

You said they were fighting less under Rafa though?  So how did we comeback and beat Man City 2-1 under him?

For all the fuss made about Rafa it's amazing how quickly what he did has been forgotten.

And all it took was some injury time goals after continuously abject performances. Pretty amazing.

Hayden publicly looked to leave the club throughout the entire season and the summer before. Not a peep out of him since Bruce came in.

That was because his child was ill I believe. He did an interview about it in the summer and apparently everything is much better now.

The team might be shit, the style of play diabolical, the luck definitely with us, but it's undeniable that the players refuse to give up and keep fighting to the end. For Bruce. Go figure that.

You said they were fighting less under Rafa though?  So how did we comeback and beat Man City 2-1 under him?

Or snatch a draw at Bournemouth. Or run Liverpool as close as anyone while they were still fighting for the title. It's unquantifiable bollocks. :lol:

For all the fuss made about Rafa it's amazing how quickly what he did has been forgotten.

And all it took was some injury time goals after continuously abject performances. Pretty amazing.

I don't think people are forgetting what Rafa did or the hope that he brought, with the idea that he would be able to improve the club. There's no logic to it but Bruce continues to get way more point than anyone expected, I thought we would get relegated with what is undoubtedly a worse squad than last season.

Loads of fans have been waiting to hate the Spanish bloke for years. They despised him being popular with younger fans, hipsters, liberals and other clubs. They despised him calling Ashley out. They love being mediocre, they wear it as a badge of honour alongside their poppy. Rafa didn’t want this, he was everything they didn’t like in football.

Guest neesy111

Despite all the issues with nufc currently I don’t think anyone can deny the effort and desire of this team is tremendous.

It's superb.

Loads of fans have been waiting to hate the Spanish bloke for years. They despised him being popular with younger fans, hipsters, liberals and other clubs. They despised him calling Ashley out. They love being mediocre, they wear it as a badge of honour alongside their poppy. Rafa didn’t want this, he was everything they didn’t like in football.

It's so disappointing.

If we were out here playing like Sheffield United and getting these results I'd happily hold my hands up and give Bruce his kudos. Even if we were performing to the level of Pulis' Stoke or West Brom teams as ugly as they were, I'd somewhat respect the organisation even that took.

Instead it's all just a horrific jumbled mess hoping for some sort of fortune, and it's absolutely comical.

But yeah, more points so far, so it's all great. Sure.