Escape from Tarkov

Espio

Seen it pop up a while ago when it first came out and was put off by the AI looking absolutely shit/bullshit.

Noticed it's absolutely blown up over the past month on streaming. I assume they've either put out a massive update that's fixed a load of problems... or just spent a load of the marketing budget on streamers.

I don't get the point of the game. You chose your gear to go into a zone to loot more gear/money to buy better gear to make it easier to go in and loot gear. What's the end game here? Looks good, but clunky/frustrating movement.

Do you escape from Tarkov, perhaps?

If you make it to an extraction point, yes, but then you go back to get more gear you hope to escape with only to go back in, in a never ending cycle. I just don't see any purpose with the game. :lol:

Mike[/member] You can play solo and in a party of up to 4 I think. You will meet AI and other players fighting over loot/gear. I don't think there's an offline mode to play only against AI on your own.

At the minute, it's just in beta stage anyway.

Long term, there's talk it's going to be open world, story etc.

It's all multiplayer, so I guess it's similar to Rainbow Six or CSGo for example, no real endgame just be better than the opposition. Getting in, looting, building up your cash/stash then going hunting for other players and escaping.

I bought it about a year ago when it was buggy as fuck, have recently started playing again (about 4 weeks) and it's a massive improvement on what it was.

At the minute, it's just in beta stage anyway.

Long term, there's talk it's going to be open world, story etc.

It's all multiplayer, so I guess it's similar to Rainbow Six or CSGo for example, no real endgame just be better than the opposition. Getting in, looting, building up your cash/stash then going hunting for other players and escaping.

I bought it about a year ago when it was buggy as fuck, have recently started playing again (about 4 weeks) and it's a massive improvement on what it was.

I don't know much about Rainbow Six, but it's nothing like CSGO which has a very clear purpose. Team game, one need to plant a bomb and detonate it while the other must protect bomb sites or defuse bomb. Win enough rounds to win a game.

I hope they manage to merge all the maps into one big one eventually, and makes it so that it is possible to raid/steal peoples stash. Maybe even persistent servers with base building like Rust. That would be awesome. Then you can fight for supremacy on a server and start fights with other groups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've played the game on and off for about a year and I don't feel like I'm any better; I don't think I've even killed 10 PMCs in total :lol:. Scav runs are a little better now scav rep deters scavs from killing each other a little, but I just hate PMC runs.

I tried to do a quest on factory today and it took me 5 attempts to do the objective and successfully extract. Really wish there was an online co-op PVE mode, but that very much defeats the aim of the game. I've been one-shotted by so many people running shotguns with buckshot recently, infuriating.

What level are you up to? 

On 22/08/2021 at 14:28, Chrisjraby said:

What level are you up to? 

I haven't even played in a map yet, I'm just figuring out inventory, traders, reading wikis. Feel like I should be incurring student debt with all this studying.