Success at what cost?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Next time you walk down the street, stab someone to death. When you are attested see how 'that prick down the street punches people in the street a lot as well' works as a defense. The existence of twats elsewhere doesn't make twattery ok.

Some people will be happy. Some won’t. I’m happy. Far more ‘respectable’ countries are doing far more despicable things and no one gives a shit.

Why don’t people start with something like the Muslim torture camps in China or the Crisis in Venezuela and how this is being ignored by the western world?  Because it’s easier to talk about the ‘horrors’ Newcastle fans will be accepting.

People faking giving a shit about the Saudis and not any other human rights issues are shallow as fuck.

Guest neesy111

Honestly piss off with this well lets look at what other countries are doing.  They are not buying NUFC.

Honestly piss off with this well lets look at what other countries are doing.  They are not buying NUFC.

So that’s all that matters in the world then?  Shallow as fuck

Guest The Little Waster

So what do you want fans to do ? Boycott ? Protest ?

Guest neesy111

You calling me shallow as fuck?  That's pot calling kettle.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an NUFC section in a forum, why would people be discussing those.  You must be a complete moron if you think people should be discussing those in an football section.

So

Honestly p*ss off with this well lets look at what other countries are doing.  They are not buying NUFC.

So that’s all that matters in the world then?  Shallow as f***

People are talking about Saudi now because they are about to buy our club. If the Chinese government were about to buy our club then we would have similar issues and discussions on here.

By the way there was a thread on here about the atrocities the Saudi Arabian government were committing long before this takeover

Guest neesy111

That's not up to me to decide.  Individual fans have to make their own decisions.

But completely dismissing fans who have concerns or trying to legitimizing their actions with sportswashing etc is absolutely ignorant and foolish.

You calling me shallow as fuck?  That's pot calling kettle.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an NUFC section in a forum, why would people be discussing those.  You must be a complete moron if you think people should be discussing those in an football section.

So

but murdering thousands is ok as long as they don’t buy Newcastle isn’t shallow?

Honestly p*ss off with this well lets look at what other countries are doing.  They are not buying NUFC.

So that’s all that matters in the world then?  Shallow as f***

You calling me shallow as f***?  That's pot calling kettle.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

So

but murdering thousands is ok as long as they don’t buy Newcastle isn’t shallow?

By the same token is it ok to murder thousands because you buy Newcastle?

Guest neesy111

I find it amazing that someone has said because we are not focusing on China etc in this thread it's legitimizing thousands of deaths.  Some grade A level bullshit.

Guest The Little Waster

That's not up to me to decide.  Individual fans have to make their own decisions.

But completely dismissing fans who have concerns or trying to legitimizing their actions with sportswashing etc is absolutely ignorant and foolish.

Will you be attending matches then ?

It's interesting that Saudi Arabia are  condemned as a murderous state by Amnesty because they torture and then execute by decapitation, yet no one blinks an eye at the USA encarcerating terrorists in Guantanamo bay and torturing them and the majority of their states execute prisoners by injecting drugs or electrocuting them to death sometimes after they have been on death row for 25 years.  Why doesn't Amnesty condemn the USA of sports washing when they stage sporting events!!

The answer to that is simple, they do.

https://www.amnestyusa.org/issues/national-security/

:lol: good point. The likes of Amnesty and Human Rights Watch have been critical of the USG for as long as they've existed.

I wasnt looking but wasnt aware of Amnesty condemning the Wilder Fury fight.

The U.S doesn't use sport, that's the difference. They largely represent the west and (unfortunately) the overwhelmingly popular opinion in the west is that they're the good guys, so they don’t need to do it. Imo a much better U.S comparison would be the Chicago School of Economics whitewashing the U.S foreign regime change by pushing laissez faire capitalism in universities around the world, or the U.S missionaries who’ve done the same but with Christianity.

The point being, A.I has still condemned the U.S for its atrocities.

My view on it is this. You don't make moves like they are doing without expecting the spot light to shine on the country and those running it. The plan is to open the country up to more tourism and to shed its previous image of a hermit oil state that really only travelled to for Hajj - this can only be a good thing. In my opinion this shows willing to engage with the wider world - am I comfortable with the things they have done? No, not at all. I'm also uncomfortable with the things that China have done in recent years and the premier league seems more than happy to accept Chinese investment.

Let the Saudis buy us, let them showcase their wealth and yes, let them use us a vehicle to life their countries profile. If their endgame is to open themselves up the world, with all the scrutiny that that brings, then this is surely a sign that they are looking to move away from their past.

It's interesting that Saudi Arabia are  condemned as a murderous state by Amnesty because they torture and then execute by decapitation, yet no one blinks an eye at the USA encarcerating terrorists in Guantanamo bay and torturing them and the majority of their states execute prisoners by injecting drugs or electrocuting them to death sometimes after they have been on death row for 25 years.  Why doesn't Amnesty condemn the USA of sports washing when they stage sporting events!!

The answer to that is simple, they do.

https://www.amnestyusa.org/issues/national-security/

:lol: good point. The likes of Amnesty and Human Rights Watch have been critical of the USG for as long as they've existed.

I wasnt looking but wasnt aware of Amnesty condemning the Wilder Fury fight.

The U.S doesn't use sport, that's the difference. They largely represent the west and (unfortunately) the overwhelmingly popular opinion in the west is that they're the good guys, so they don’t need to do it. Imo a much better U.S comparison would be the Chicago School of Economics whitewashing the U.S foreign regime change by pushing laissez faire capitalism in universities around the world, or the U.S missionaries who’ve done the same but with Christianity.

The point being, A.I has still condemned the U.S for its atrocities.

The US does use sport, just like they use Hollywood and tv shows to sell their way of life across the globe. China or Saudi Arabia might not agree with western ideologies 100%, but they will still allow their people access to US entertainment products, and that's a good thing. Same goes for Britain, we sell our football to those countries and we make a hell of a lot of money on the back of it. Unless you want to be North Korea, you deal with regimes as best you can and try to trade with them on a fair basis.

By all means condemn the Saudis for their atrocities, but for a lot of us, following Newcastle is all about the football, and that is what we'll be judging the new owners on. As long as they keep their politics out of Newcastle, then I'll keep my politics out of it as well.

My view on it is this. You don't make moves like they are doing without expecting the spot light to shine on the country and those running it. The plan is to open the country up to more tourism and to shed its previous image of a hermit oil state that really only travelled to for Hajj - this can only be a good thing. In my opinion this shows willing to engage with the wider world - am I comfortable with the things they have done? No, not at all. I'm also uncomfortable with the things that China have done in recent years and the premier league seems more than happy to accept Chinese investment.

Let the Saudis buy us, let them showcase their wealth and yes, let them use us a vehicle to life their countries profile. If their endgame is to open themselves up the world, with all the scrutiny that that brings, then this is surely a sign that they are looking to move away from their past.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52308344

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/saudi-activists-dispute-official-narrative-hwaiti-killing-200417103626920.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52326130

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/14/bae-systems-sold-15bn-arms-to-saudis-during-yemen-assault

With all the injustice in the world and all the murder of innocent civilians in every war going on now (nevermind what's gone on in the past), it's the takeover of a football club that raises the alarms? Fuck off. Seriously. Until every self-righteous SOB takes it up with their MP's and governments to stop human rights abuses the world over, you can save your PC bollocks for something that actually makes a difference.

Guest Howaythetoon

They can chop a few more heads off it means we win more trophies for all I care, who gives a fuck anyway about people no-one knows or cares about. If you care enough, adopt them and go vegan or some bull shit! Or you could always buy the club with your money and buy players with your own money too. That’s what they will be doing. Rafa talked a good game, but soon fucked off when Mike asked him to chip in to buy players! Bet the same fannies will be glued to BT when we’re winning the Champions League the season after next.

Guest neesy111

With all the injustice in the world and all the murder of innocent civilians in every war going on now (nevermind what's gone on in the past), it's the takeover of a football club that raises the alarms? Fuck off. Seriously. Until every self-righteous SOB takes it up with their MP's and governments to stop human rights abuses the world over, you can save your PC bollocks for something that actually makes a difference.

So for every grievance in the world I don't like I've got to take it up to my MP before I can morally be accepted.  Righteo.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52308344

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/saudi-activists-dispute-official-narrative-hwaiti-killing-200417103626920.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52326130

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/14/bae-systems-sold-15bn-arms-to-saudis-during-yemen-assault

Yup, aware of all of that. Still doesn't detract from my point.

With all the injustice in the world and all the murder of innocent civilians in every war going on now (nevermind what's gone on in the past), it's the takeover of a football club that raises the alarms? f*** off. Seriously. Until every self-righteous SOB takes it up with their MP's and governments to stop human rights abuses the world over, you can save your PC bollocks for something that actually makes a difference.

All this post has done is just show everyone that you've never been in the chat section tbh. There's quite literally a thread on the Saudi's that's been there since 2015 and likewise the U.S thread. Plenty on here put the graft in for political parties, organisations, charities, and in QuakesMag's case has even made documentaries about this sort of stuff. You're just showing your own ignorance by assuming this has only been brought up now tbh.

Again though, framing not wanting the football club to be owned by literal murders isn't a PC bollocks like. It's just not.