Success at what cost?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This sort of thing does us no favours. Only a matter of time before we start railing against the institutionalised anti-NUFC agenda at Amnesty.

Its ok to oppose an oppressive regime but also call out blatant agenda driven hypocracy Wullie, they aren't mutually exclusive.  I'm not deflecting nor defending but I am sick of the media bias.

There is no media bias against NUFC other than in your own head.

The person who wrote that article, who has been writing about this sort of thing for years, long before Newcastle entered the picture, described a potential Saudi buyout of Man United dozens and dozens of times as a "doomsday for football"

The person who wrote that article, who has been writing about this sort of thing for years, long before Newcastle entered the picture, described a potential Saudi buyout of Man United dozens and dozens of times as a "doomsday for football"

:thup: agree completely.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Guest neesy111

This sort of thing does us no favours. Only a matter of time before we start railing against the institutionalised anti-NUFC agenda at Amnesty.

Its ok to oppose an oppressive regime but also call out blatant agenda driven hypocracy Wullie, they aren't mutually exclusive.  I'm not deflecting nor defending but I am sick of the media bias.

There's no media bias ffs.

Miguel Delaney is one journalist, he doesn't represent the whole media any more than pro-takoever fans represent the whole Newcastle fanbase. There will be journalists who would hold the same views if it was their club being taken over, at the same time there would be plenty who would be cock a hoop at the prospect of it. Daft to think that journalists are somehow free of bias. They are only human like everybody else.

I think it's much more daft to think that professional journalists for respectable publications are writing articles about human rights abuses because they hate YOUR team.

Man City fans have been at this for years. Every journalist hates them because they're all big United fans apparently, even ones like David Conn, who has supported City all his life, they think he's a secret United agent out to get them.

My advice to them and any Newcastle fan who is already developing such a persecution complex would be to grow up.

I think it's much more daft to think that professional journalists for respectable publications are writing articles about human rights abuses because they hate YOUR team.

Man City fans have been at this for years. Every journalist hates them because they're all big United fans apparently, even ones like David Conn, who has supported City all his life, they think he's a secret United agent out to get them.

My advice to them and any Newcastle fan who is already developing such a persecution complex would be to grow up.

its always been the case with all football fans that they think the press is out to get us and they're all man utd/liverpool fans (delete as appropriate)

Guest neesy111

Nobody ‘important’ wants this to happen. Not for morality. Not for ffp. It’s all about politics.

Imagine the Saudis decide the City of Newcastle is their European base. Imagine even a slight power shift from the recognised business centres.

Imagine the light shone not just on Newcastle but the North East an highlighting the decades of neglect by successive governments. The lack of infrastructure, the low mortality age, the disproportionate subsidy rates etc

Money and class still run the country. Do you think fox hunting would have lasted so long if it had been a working class ‘sport’?  The BBC and the press are the PR for the old school tie connections. This potential investment will be worrying them.

Plenty of working class people go out fox hunting. Popular amongst travellers too.

Of course there is media bias against Newcastle. I did an internship at BBC sport years ago, when it was still based in London. Most of the people who worked down there were southern, so they naturally favoured the London teams and Man United. But the bias is natural and if the BBC's headquarters were in Cullercoats, the news would have a different flavour to it.

We have already been over this, there's a difference between political journalists and sports journalists. Are you telling me when Martin Samuels or Rod Liddle spit their dummy out over the Saudi takeover, they are free of bias? Simon Jenkins is a political journalist, same with Anthony Lloyd of the Times, those journalists write about world politics day in day out. They aren't the ones Man City fans, or ours will be taking an exception to. We are talking about the likes of Richard Keys who can come out stating he wishes it wasn't Newcastle that the Saudis were buying into.

I'd be the first to twist the knife where the media's bullshit's converned, but the idea that sports journalists are only highlighting human rights abusers buying their way into football specifically because they have a bias against the random football club they've chosen to buy is frankly so embarrassing and conceited that I had to check I wasn't reading 4chan.

Even if such a ridiculous claim was true it's irrelevant and presents a distinction without a difference. Bias or no bias, the things they're highlighting are true.

Guest godzilla

I'd be the first to twist the knife where the media's bullshit's converned, but the idea that sports journalists are only highlighting human rights abusers buying their way into football specifically because they have a bias against the random football club they've chosen to buy is frankly so embarrassing and conceited that I had to check I wasn't reading 4chan.

Even if such a ridiculous claim was true it's irrelevant and presents a distinction without a difference. Bias or no bias, the things they're highlighting are true.

Whilst accepting wages through their Saudi funded newspapers.

Guest neesy111

Do they have a choice who owns their employer?  These people still need to provide a living to their families.

Richard Keys is not a journalist, he's a television presenter.

I think the other two are idiots. That's not the same as this relentless paranoia that everyone's out to get Newcastle.

Last summer it was the refs. People on here were convinced VAR would see NUFC surge to the title because the refs, who all despised Newcastle, would no longer to be able to hide it.

Absolutely demented.

So he's using a Saudi funded newspaper to... criticise Saudi Arabia?

Isn't that like the definition of integrity?

Guest godzilla

Do they have a choice who owns their employer?  These people still need to provide a living to their families.

If your so adamantly against the regime then get another job/move to another publication not funded by the Saudis.

Sorry like, but if you're a journalist who also happens to be a Manu or Liverpool fan, and you suddenly see Newcastle Utd getting owners who can possibly blow you out of the water when it comes to transfer fees, you are going to feel threatened. It's just human nature. Let me be clear, that doesn't mean what they are saying is wrong, but it also doesn't mean they are saying it for the right reasons.

Guest neesy111

Richard Keys is not a journalist, he's a television presenter.

I think the other two are idiots. That's not the same as this relentless paranoia that everyone's out to get Newcastle.

Last summer it was the refs. People on here were convinced VAR would see NUFC surge to the title because the refs, who all despised Newcastle, would no longer to be able to hide it.

Absolutely demented.

Guest godzilla

So he's using a Saudi funded newspaper to... criticise Saudi Arabia?

Isn't that like the definition of integrity?

His wages are still being part funded by the Saudis.

Again, I think this argument is irrelevant to the things being highlighted, but even by that logic, I work for a university that over time has been funded more and more by the Saudis and the Chinese, do we all need to go on the dole in order for our opinions and criticisms to have merit?