Success at what cost?

Does it matter where the money comes from?  

438 members have voted

1. 1. Does it matter where the money comes from?

• Yes
    • No

Danny Kelly said on Talksport tonight that if Spurs got taken over by the Saudis he would stop supporting them after 50 years

Easy to say when there’s no prospect of ever being put in that position.

Guest Howaythetoon

This is great. Read the whole thread.

Fucking superb, best thing I’ve read on all of this and it needs shared the fuck out of.

Guest Howaythetoon

Danny Kelly said on Talksport tonight that if Spurs got taken over by the Saudis he would stop supporting them after 50 years

Easy to say when there’s no prospect of ever being put in that position.

Even easier when support actually translates to follow. He’s merely followed Spurs, I doubt he’s supported them in the way most NUFC fans have supported their club that’s for certain.

Guest chopey

I think the fact that Ashley is a prick would prevent this from ever happening, hes a prick to his parents and wife, hes  a prick to his zero hour contract slaves, hes a prick to people along side him in business, hes a prick to the people who put up with him and built his empire with him, hes a prick to the one bloke that runs his entire premier league football operation paying him buttons, hes a prick to Newcastle United legends and hes a prick to the thousands of fans he has milked for 13 years.

Ashley is not a nice human.

If you don't believe that most of this NUFC media finger wagging is due to it being NUFC then read this article from the Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-sale-saudi-arabia-interest-reports-latest-buy-club-mohammad-bin-salman-a8586866.html?__twitter_impression=true

When it's NUFC it's "Sportswashing" when it's MUFC it's "Diversifying their interests to include sport", same group, different team.

Nobody ‘important’ wants this to happen. Not for morality. Not for ffp. It’s all about politics.

Imagine the Saudis decide the City of Newcastle is their European base. Imagine even a slight power shift from the recognised business centres.

Imagine the light shone not just on Newcastle but the North East an highlighting the decades of neglect by successive governments. The lack of infrastructure, the low mortality age, the disproportionate subsidy rates etc

Money and class still run the country. Do you think fox hunting would have lasted so long if it had been a working class ‘sport’?  The BBC and the press are the PR for the old school tie connections. This potential investment will be worrying them.

This sort of thing does us no favours. Only a matter of time before we start railing against the institutionalised anti-NUFC agenda at Amnesty.

Its ok to oppose an oppressive regime but also call out blatant agenda driven hypocracy Wullie, they aren't mutually exclusive.  I'm not deflecting nor defending but I am sick of the media bias.

There is no media bias against NUFC other than in your own head.

The person who wrote that article, who has been writing about this sort of thing for years, long before Newcastle entered the picture, described a potential Saudi buyout of Man United dozens and dozens of times as a "doomsday for football"

The person who wrote that article, who has been writing about this sort of thing for years, long before Newcastle entered the picture, described a potential Saudi buyout of Man United dozens and dozens of times as a "doomsday for football"

:thup: agree completely.

:thup:

This sort of thing does us no favours. Only a matter of time before we start railing against the institutionalised anti-NUFC agenda at Amnesty.

Its ok to oppose an oppressive regime but also call out blatant agenda driven hypocracy Wullie, they aren't mutually exclusive.  I'm not deflecting nor defending but I am sick of the media bias.

There's no media bias ffs.

Miguel Delaney is one journalist, he doesn't represent the whole media any more than pro-takoever fans represent the whole Newcastle fanbase. There will be journalists who would hold the same views if it was their club being taken over, at the same time there would be plenty who would be cock a hoop at the prospect of it. Daft to think that journalists are somehow free of bias. They are only human like everybody else.

I think it's much more daft to think that professional journalists for respectable publications are writing articles about human rights abuses because they hate YOUR team.

Man City fans have been at this for years. Every journalist hates them because they're all big United fans apparently, even ones like David Conn, who has supported City all his life, they think he's a secret United agent out to get them.

My advice to them and any Newcastle fan who is already developing such a persecution complex would be to grow up.

I think it's much more daft to think that professional journalists for respectable publications are writing articles about human rights abuses because they hate YOUR team.

Man City fans have been at this for years. Every journalist hates them because they're all big United fans apparently, even ones like David Conn, who has supported City all his life, they think he's a secret United agent out to get them.

My advice to them and any Newcastle fan who is already developing such a persecution complex would be to grow up.

its always been the case with all football fans that they think the press is out to get us and they're all man utd/liverpool fans (delete as appropriate)

:thup: