Success at what cost?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'd have to be pretty naive to take that at face value tbh.

:lol:

Of course. Though forgiveness costs freedom to move in and out of the homeland and a million dollar house. They’ve been bought, with money and their lives (I can only imagine There is a real threat to them if they didn’t toe the party line)

Their price for that has been set, ours yet to come for success. It does however for me at least dilute the narrative the NUFC fans should be ashamed to allow them in to the club for the sake of trophies.

Of course. Though forgiveness costs freedom to move in and out of the homeland and a million dollar house. They’ve been bought, with money and their lives (I can only imagine There is a real threat to them if they didn’t toe the party line)

Their price for that has been set, ours yet to come for success. It does however for me at least dilute the narrative the NUFC fans should be ashamed to allow them in to the club for the sake of trophies.

Aye, he hasn't even had to make our fan base the offer it couldn't refuse because it's already been dom'ed into spreading its arse cheeks for anyone who isn't Ashley. Understandably so and probably one of the reasons they chose us.

Aye, he hasn't even had to make our fan base the offer it couldn't refuse because it's already been dom'ed into spreading its arse cheeks for anyone who isn't Ashley. Understandably so and probably one of the reasons they chose us.

Not sure that’s the case.

You think a massive 96.7% of our fans (recent NUST survey among almost 3,400 fans) would have been in favour of the Saudi state (knowing everything we know about them) taking over the club at the end of Shepherd's reign? I don't think it would have been that high personally, I think it's taken a good 13 years of destroying the club and for desperation to have grown and grown for the consensus to be that overwhelming.

The club has been lubed up ready to take whatever comes next, as long as it’s not Ashley. NE5 was a good decade ahead of the rest of us, imagine that.  :lol:

The club has been lubed up ready to take whatever comes next, as long as it’s not Ashley. NE5 was a good decade ahead of the rest of us, imagine that.  :lol:

:lol: Is the guy still around?

Aye, when your blind love for Freddy Shepherd makes you fall on the correct answer is how I'd frame that like. :lol:

Football ownership has moved on significantly since the shepherd era. The new owners are probably the only owners this club has had who don’t need anything financially from it.

It may be right about anyone but Ashley though. The tedium of his tenure has sickened thousands, and any change would have been welcomed

You think a massive 96.7% of our fans (recent NUST survey among almost 3,400 fans) would have been in favour of the Saudi state (knowing everything we know about them) taking over the club at the end of Shepherd's reign? I don't think it would have been that high personally, I think it's taken a good 13 years of destroying the club and for desperation to have grown and grown for the consensus to be that overwhelming.

Don't know about the others, but I have always been on board with this sort of takeover ever since Chelsea and Man City were rocketed above us in the pecking order due to the influx of state sanctioned money. Would prefer if it was still the clubs paying their own way in an ideal world, but we don't live in one.

If people knew what Freddy Shepard got up too behind closed doors they would have been disgusted.

The whole ‘Aye but the Saudi’s kill people’ argument would have been out the window straight away.

Just to clarify, the only thing I'm saying here is that I don't think support for the takeover among fans would be anywhere near as high as 96.7%. That doesn't mean it still wouldn't be 60% or 70% or whatever. Having any group of people be as unanimous as 96.7% on anything is pretty unusual and I don't think Freddie Shepherd would have got anywhere near to provoking that outcome to the extent that Ashley has.