Danny Rose (now a free agent)

Blown way out of proportion, he's not said anything that others probably don't say every week when they're not playing. The one part you could question was the I'm going to see Daniel which did come across a bit petulant.

Also agree with others, I was quite impressed with how Mourinho handled it.

Well exactly what I mean. Do they need to do that sort of thing at all?

They're basically mimicking the hugely popular NFL Hardknocks documentary that follows one team each off season I believe.

I was surprised to see that they would try that over here actually.

The commercial opportunity speaks for itself, like. The producers must have wet themselves when it turned out Mourinho was replacing Poch, the latter of whom wasn't overly keen on the whole idea (allegedly).

They're basically mimicking the hugely popular NFL Hardknocks documentary that follows one team each off season I believe.

Profiling this club would be laughs.

Profiling this club would be laughs.

Oh my God ... can you even imagine :lol:

Hadn't even thought of that possibility. Hope we're up next  ;D

could be worse, sunderland til I die had the entire deadline day transfer saga over will grigg on the last season of it and no one in that room came across well

Guest reefatoon

could be worse, sunderland til I die had the entire deadline day transfer saga over will grigg on the last season of it and no one in that room came across well

:lol: Totally. Though these things can make good television, the people involved come across terribly. Surprised anyone wants to be involved in it.

It massively improves the club's brand and offers global recognition; even if it's a tragicomedy like the Sunderland one. Amazon and Netflix have colossal international audiences and it's not just football fans either. My lass was hooked to the most recent Spurs one; it's all about the characters and drama and interactions, wrapped up in a glossy, sharply edited piece which is very easy on the eye. Plus the Spurs one actually has a bit of jeopardy, unlike the Man City one which I didn't really bother with. Any club would be daft not to take up the opportunity if it were presented to them.

Exactly. Sunderland may have come across as a sad and pathetic club, but it will still have got them some awareness around the globe. I suppose it would help them cash in if their fortunes ever turned, god forbid.

Guest reefatoon

It massively improves the club's brand and offers global recognition; even if it's a tragicomedy like the Sunderland one. Amazon and Netflix have colossal international audiences and it's not just football fans either. My lass was hooked to the most recent Spurs one; it's all about the characters and drama and interactions, wrapped up in a glossy, sharply edited piece which is very easy on the eye. Plus the Spurs one actually has a bit of jeopardy, unlike the Man City one which I didn't really bother with. Any club would be daft not to take up the opportunity if it were presented to them.

Which is completely right for the club, but as a player/manager etc, it must be hard to want to conduct personal business for all to see.

I still don't think he was that bad for us like

I remember a few times he was carrying the ball up the field and ASM pretty much demanded that he pass it to him immediately. Not blaming Sain Max either, it was just the time and place of the situation.

• 1 year later...