COVID-19 - 'Milestone' vaccine approved for use in the UK

Has any effects of the Italy quarantine been reported yet? Or is it too early to tell?

Too early I think.  There's a delay on being infected to being symptomatic, so it'll be a week before we'd expect to start seeing if it worked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51886497?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5e6cb059c429ed066b592590%26No%20need%20to%20panic%2C%20says%20ex-patient%262020-03-14T10%3A38%3A07.397Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:002344c6-d5ad-4629-92d5-6913b6101e89&pinned_post_asset_id=5e6cb059c429ed066b592590&pinned_post_type=share

No need to panic, says ex-patient

One of the first people in Scotland to contract Covid-19 has told the BBC about his recovery from the disease.

The man, in his 50s, was diagnosed almost two weeks ago following a trip to Italy. He returned home on 25 February, a Tuesday.

"I felt no symptoms. I was completely fine and went to work on the Wednesday and Thursday. Later on the Thursday evening, I started to feel a bit of a flu coming on. I had a mild fever, I felt shivery - but the biggest symptom was aches and pains, particularly in my legs.

"I was feverish. That continued through Thursday night and I didn't sleep too well."

On 1 March, he was diagnosed and hospitalised. But from this point on, he said his symptoms did not develop any further.

"By the time I went to hospital, I was feeling fine. The mild flu symptoms quickly dissipated, I had no leg pain, no fever, no cough and no shortness of breath."

He said he wanted to tell his story to the BBC so that people did not panic about exposure to the disease.

There is definitely not enough information out about this.  I like a few on here have had a "cold" for a week or so and like them wondered if it was a cold or Coronavirus.  Two things felt different, shortness of breath, I put that down to actually looking for it compared to normal colds and I have asthma.  The weird one was leg cramps and just my calfs hurt when I walked. No fever, no dry cough. Now reading this i`m starting to wonder.  So are they saying the leg thing is a thing ?

Also my wife has a "cold" and was complaining of sore legs yesterday too.

The sore legs thing is interesting and does make you wonder. At the start of last week I had what I'd describe at worst as a sniffley cold (which I put down to a couple of bad nights of sleep over the weekend) and on Wednesday and Thursday very achey calves which I'd put down to being on my feet a bit more than normal at work due to training a new starter. I have a bit of asthma so my chest is often a little tight but hasn't been tighter or less tight than normal, so I didn't really give the other things much thought since the cough is obviously the main warning sign... Like you I do wonder whether I've had very mild symptoms or whether the similar symptoms are just coincidental. I guess we won't know until a few weeks or months down the line.

Weird, i`m 44 this year and can not for the life of me remember a cold where just my legs ached, I even had one those rare jump out of bed half asleep in pain leg cramps. Its either a cold no aches or what I call man-flu where the whole body aches and I feel like shit for 2 weeks or more. This has lasted a week. The only other time my legs have ached like this that I can remember in my life was a few weeks back after 9 hours doing training drills on an FA coaching course.  The nearest drive through testing place is 50 miles away for me and unless I show any other symptoms i`m not going to waste peoples time. 

You should help Boris out and go around licking people to drive up the infection rate.  It'll help with the pension deficit massively.

Has any effects of the Italy quarantine been reported yet? Or is it too early to tell?

Too early I think.  There's a delay on being infected to being symptomatic, so it'll be a week before we'd expect to start seeing if it worked.

:thup:

sorry if this sounds dumb but what are they calling a high temperature here?  i thought i saw 37.8 or something yesterday but can't find it anymore...NHS is vague af, just says do you feel hot to touch

bairn's getting worse i think

https://www.cfpc.ca/uploadedfiles/resources/resource_items/patients/feverinchildren_en.pdf

Just noticed its Canadian but surely its the same everywhere.

Norway to close all airports, harbors and (posssibly) train stations. Possibly closing down public transport and commandeering taxi services to drive healthcare workers to/from work.

Wow, Boris would like to shake the hand of every Norwegian to say well done on that approach