COVID-19 - 'Milestone' vaccine approved for use in the UK

My spending has more than halved under lockdown. I was easily spending over £10 a day on lunch and coffee, then train travel and doing shopping every night instead of weekly. Obviously that’s just the start of things you can’t do right now.

I'm on 80% wages and I had plenty money leftover at the end of the month. No transport costs other than a couple of taxis, only local spending at the corner shop or a small Asda and a few birthday presents for family. Got paid yesterday and having sold my house and having no bills it felt fucking weird not having anything to immediately reduce my balance substantially.

My spending has more than halved under lockdown. I was easily spending over £10 a day on lunch and coffee, then train travel and doing shopping every night instead of weekly. Obviously that’s just the start of things you can’t do right now.

Yeah but I guess you're missing your daily Prett and occasional McDonald's aren't you?

On a very simple level, loads of people are still dying, loads of people are still infecting each other, and as a nation we've stuck our fingers in our ears and pretended things are fine and are literally risking tens of thousands more unnecessarily dying to get some shops open. It's one of the most astonishingly negligent operations in modern history and when looking back on this period, it's going to get even more and more mind-boggling.

I simply can not get my head around it, at all. It's sheer fucking lunacy.

I drove past a fish and chip shop today whilst taking my car out to charge the battery and people were social distancing.  I have to admit it gave me some hope that not everyone has totally thrown the towel in.

Tyne on the lash again? Late neet rogue posting. He plays by his own rules.

Fair point but the reason I tend to post late is because it's within the small window of having the personal time. I operate my business pretty much 7 days a week, have a wife and kids and get out and about when I have the time. Social distancing is always in practice 😜. Well that and of course I'm lashed at that time of the night 😁

I stayed up til 6am, watching wrestling, playing poker, and watching the US riots - I play by my own rules too. 

But do you tell it like it is?  Doesn't count if you don't tell it like it is.

Quote me where I've said this please? I'm guessing I'm a gammon, brexiteer pro tory, union jack waving forrin hater as well to match the hypocritical stereotyping profiling from a core section on here.

Thick as fuck.

Guest chopey

Sunday Times has 3 separate witnesses at Barnard Castle on the day Cummings was there and is running a front page exclusive with it tomorrow.

Why ?

Sunday Times has 3 separate witnesses at Barnard Castle on the day Cummings was there and is running a front page exclusive with it tomorrow.

Why ?

Presumably they contradict what he said otherwise it wouldn’t be a story.

EZS0au8WoAgFXx2?format=jpg&name=large

Have they changed it at the last minute? Daily Mail are running a story one of the witneses made up the claims

Must have. They’ve removed tweets and the only one saying anything now is this guy and it’s toned down;-

That long VE Bank holiday weekend fucked everything. Still no idea why any of those stupid little street parties were deemed as 'essential' and not shut down immediately but the press went into overdrive and basically said it's all over and we're back to normal. LOKDOWN OVER!! etc all over the redtops. It's been an utter pisstake since then. Nee cunt give a single fuck now man, the deaths are irrelevant, just a number. 40000? meh? 60000? who gives a fuck, open the shops and let me get back to buying shit I don't need.

Funny thing is though, there were loads of those parties round us, and there are barely any cases and very few people still in hospital here now. Obviously it depends on the area and how prolific the virus is. Lockdowns need to be done per town/city, not the same everywhere.

I’ve known TWO people catch this now. It’s barely touched hospitals in this area.

The Nordic countries are doing alright.

Deaths last 7 days:

Iceland: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Norway: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0

Finland: 0, 1, 1, 4, 1, 0, 1

Denmark: 0, 1, 1, 0, 2, 3, 0

Sweden: 67, 6, 31, 96, 95, 46, 84

In total, we have almost 4times as many deaths than the rest combined and in a couple of weeks, vacation starts for alot of people.