COVID-19 - 'Milestone' vaccine approved for use in the UK

They dropped "following the science" from their rhetoric today.  Anyone else notice?

Was probably pointed out earlier but do you all notice how deaths have a Covid-19 detection amongst them? Not this is what killed them, but it was detected.

Like some 90 year old fella dies sadly of whatever but may have been, however, he has contracted this on his way but signed off as a corona death. But he was about to die anyway.

I live pretty close to a supermarket, they have no ppe since it kicked off. They deal with ridiculous numbers of society passing through. Not one person has been taken ill or they are worried judging by the conversations I have. They are so blasé it's actually refreshing to the online bullying of normal folk trying to live a life within the restrictions.

40k people have died. Everyone of those who have tested positive for covid19 and have died have died prematurely. We're still seeing hundreds of deaths a day and we're easing restrictions. So we're accepting hundreds of deaths a day. Of people that would otherwise not be dead. How do you not understand this? Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. Its not a hard concept to grasp. How do you think the families of an 80 year old who was previously in decent health for an 80 year old, maybe had another 10 years, feel that they have been needlessly exposed to a virus that has prematurely ended their life? My Grandad is 82. He's old,a bit frail, had previous issues but doing well. He catches this, it could kill him. You going to tell me "Ah well he was about to die anyway. People need to go about their day to day lives". It's been two months. It's f*** all. Yet people are complaining like f***ing whining c***s. You can't accept a few months of slight sacrifice to save a single persons life? Let alone tens of thousands? f***ing pathetic train of thought. Stupid. Moronic. Thick.

Ignoring the childish insults, as I always do as I may hold a different opinion. Yes this virus has killed alot of people, its awful. Nature is awful. Humanity can be awful. Economics can be awful. Gang mentally is awful but I move on, learn to have a different opinion but never judge or incite against that person who you may disagree with.

My personal opinion, we should have locked down earlier and went balls out with testing and ppe across the board. The horse has now bolted and the tory cunts want the obvious 2nd wave done through the summer for the NHS beds come autumn/winter season.

This isn't about a difference of opinion, this is about peoples lives and the obvious right things we can do to limit this virus's effect and the obvious wrong things we can do to exacerbate it. Opinions can fuck off. I don't care what Denise said down the supermarket cos she's a thick cunt. I don't care what Robbie said on that Facebook group cos he's got shit for fucking brains. There needn't be a second wave, especially this fucking soon. We can all take a moment to look and see what's going on here and what needs done. It's time to stop fucking about and accepting utter fucking nonsense. We're only going to fuck things over further and make it worse. We've been fucking awful and it's blatant as day. No one should cater to someone's opinion when it's as black and white as it is.

EDIT: Have to point out, that I agree with you on your last point. I think everyone does. But we haven't done it, and we arent doing it. And we need to be doing it. Until we are, we cant be easing restrictions and things are still very bad. And we should all be accepting that. If we can't ease because we don't have testing and tracing in place, then we should be furious with the government for allowing a situation to occur where we can't ease. And we as the public should be refusing their measures and fighting for better resources to fight this and enable easing.

They dropped "following the science" from their rhetoric today.  Anyone else notice?

Was probably pointed out earlier but do you all notice how deaths have a Covid-19 detection amongst them? Not this is what killed them, but it was detected.

Like some 90 year old fella dies sadly of whatever but may have been, however, he has contracted this on his way but signed off as a corona death. But he was about to die anyway.

I live pretty close to a supermarket, they have no ppe since it kicked off. They deal with ridiculous numbers of society passing through. Not one person has been taken ill or they are worried judging by the conversations I have. They are so blasé it's actually refreshing to the online bullying of normal folk trying to live a life within the restrictions.

40k people have died. Everyone of those who have tested positive for covid19 and have died have died prematurely. We're still seeing hundreds of deaths a day and we're easing restrictions. So we're accepting hundreds of deaths a day. Of people that would otherwise not be dead. How do you not understand this? Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. Its not a hard concept to grasp. How do you think the families of an 80 year old who was previously in decent health for an 80 year old, maybe had another 10 years, feel that they have been needlessly exposed to a virus that has prematurely ended their life? My Grandad is 82. He's old,a bit frail, had previous issues but doing well. He catches this, it could kill him. You going to tell me "Ah well he was about to die anyway. People need to go about their day to day lives". It's been two months. It's f*** all. Yet people are complaining like f***ing whining c***s. You can't accept a few months of slight sacrifice to save a single persons life? Let alone tens of thousands? f***ing pathetic train of thought. Stupid. Moronic. Thick.

Ignoring the childish insults, as I always do as I may hold a different opinion. Yes this virus has killed alot of people, its awful. Nature is awful. Humanity can be awful. Economics can be awful. Gang mentally is awful but I move on, learn to have a different opinion but never judge or incite against that person who you may disagree with.

My personal opinion, we should have locked down earlier and went balls out with testing and ppe across the board. The horse has now bolted and the tory cunts want the obvious 2nd wave done through the summer for the NHS beds come autumn/winter season.

You are such a tiresome poster.

My personal opinion, we should have locked down earlier and went balls out with testing and ppe across the board. The horse has now bolted and the tory c***s want the obvious 2nd wave done through the summer for the NHS beds come autumn/winter season.

This isn't about a difference of opinion, this is about peoples lives and the obvious right things we can do to limit this virus's effect and the obvious wrong things we can do to exacerbate it. Opinions can f*** off. I don't care what Denise said down the supermarket cos she's a thick c***. I don't care what Robbie said on that Facebook group cos he's got s*** for f***ing brains. There needn't be a second wave, especially this f***ing soon. We can all take a moment to look and see what's going on here and what needs done. It's time to stop f***ing about and accepting utter f***ing nonsense. We're only going to f*** things over further and make it worse. We've been f***ing awful and it's blatant as day. No one should cater to someone's opinion when it's as black and white as it is.

Fucking hell man 😂😂😂 pure right wing jings if you were that way inclined, I'm sure you are not. Might be left wing actually but the fucked up way a person's opinion is always political kinda makes the person who made that opinion an agenda without a valid argument against makes me feel,😂, more validation then you will bitch about.

This isn't about a difference of opinion, this is about peoples lives and the obvious right things we can do to limit this virus's effect and the obvious wrong things we can do to exacerbate it. Opinions can fuck off. I don't care what Denise said down the supermarket cos she's a thick cunt. I don't care what Robbie said on that Facebook group cos he's got shit for fucking brains. There needn't be a second wave, especially this fucking soon. We can all take a moment to look and see what's going on here and what needs done. It's time to stop fucking about and accepting utter fucking nonsense. We're only going to fuck things over further and make it worse. We've been fucking awful and it's blatant as day. No one should cater to someone's opinion when it's as black and white as it is.

EDIT: Have to point out, that I agree with you on your last point. I think everyone does. But we haven't done it, and we arent doing it. And we need to be doing it. Until we are, we cant be easing restrictions and things are still very bad. And we should all be accepting that. If we can't ease because we don't have testing and tracing in place, then we should be furious with the government for allowing a situation to occur where we can't ease. And we as the public should be refusing their measures and fighting for better resources to fight this and enable easing.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2974620cd662ee1d14d00734fa9cdfe889eaaf9aa4&rid=giphy.gif

Just on his way back from the daily COVID update with Denise and to top up his super strength supplies. Innit.

How thick do you have to be not to understand the concept of excess mortality?

pure incompetency/lack of regard for human life.

We have them to.

"I havent changed 07-16(workhrs for most), so why change the rest of the day?", when asked why shes sitting in a packed bar.

And shitloads of "studentfester" with superimmune 19-yr olds.

The most important question in Sweden right now, is when the football can start.

Lowering the deaths? Naa, lets start the sports first.

Opening the schools 15/6.

We wont change strategy tho. Government is either to proud to admit that they where wrong or they still believe that we are doing it right.

Keep an eye on the maths. So far 40,000 ish people have died before their time, and are therefore counted as excessive deaths, but once we reach what would have been their time and they are no longer able to die, they could be reported as the excessive deaths dropping, but will be no reflection of how we're dealing with the virus.

Supposed to be going to a wedding on the first weekend of July. Not cancelled or postponed yet. Surely it can't go ahead?

All depends on the official guidance at the time and how the venue responds to it.

I'm due to go to a wedding early August and they're pretty desperate to postpone it but unless the venue cancels on them their insurance won't pay out and the venue are likely to try leave it as late as possible.

Worst case scenario is it can technically still go ahead but with major distancing restrictions and elderly relatives excluded.

Seeing this claimed a lot on local groups from people with Facebook PhDs who want to pretend 40k people haven't died of it.  You can pretty easily prove it's nonsense by looking at excess deaths.  if there was any widespread practice of putting Covid-19 on the death certificate of people who actually died of something else, or who would have died around then anyway, the official number of Covid deaths would be lower than the excess deaths during this period compared for any other year.  For instance, if we said 40,000 people died of Covid but 10,000 of them would have died anyway, then there would be 30,000 more deaths than expected for this period.

But the excess deaths we've had in this period is 60,000.  Which means that, if anything, coronavirus deaths have been significantly under-reported.

Seeing this claimed a lot on local groups from people with Facebook PhDs who want to pretend 40k people haven't died of it.  You can pretty easily prove it's nonsense by looking at excess deaths.  if there was any widespread practice of putting Covid-19 on the death certificate of people who actually died of something else, or who would have died around then anyway, the official number of Covid deaths would be lower than the excess deaths during this period compared for any other year.  For instance, if we said 40,000 people died of Covid but 10,000 of them would have died anyway, then there would be 30,000 more deaths than expected for this period.

But the excess deaths we've had in this period is 60,000.  Which means that, if anything, coronavirus deaths have been significantly under-reported.

Yeah I agree the reporting of the deaths is way off. I know a few people in the NHS who have said people who are dying already picked this up and automatically get classified as a covid stat. On the flip side, especially in the early days, it was unlikely to be reported in that way. Who knows eh?

Of course the excess deaths figure is a cause for concern but if you dig a little deeper it's not as it may seem. Stay safe folks 👍

Yeah I agree the reporting of the deaths is way off. I know a few people in the NHS who have said people who are dying already picked this up and automatically get classified as a covid stat. On the flip side, especially in the early days, it was unlikely to be reported in that way. Who knows eh?

Of course the excess deaths figure is a cause for concern but if you dig a little deeper it's not as it may seem. Stay safe folks 👍

In what way is it "not what it seems"?  Is there something we don't know about bumping tens of thousands of people people off?  if so that's more terrifying than Covid.  Or are we moving from a conspiracy of falsely putting a cause of death on a death certificate to them actually making up fake people to kill with it, and burying a sack full of bricks?

The excess deaths figure alone shows conclusively that deaths simply aren't being incorrectly attributed to Covid on any meaningful scale, no matter what anyone heard from their hairdresser's sister-in-law whose uncle is a doctor and says if you get hit by a bus nowadays they put on the form it was Covid.