Rocky Balboa

Tooj

All Rocky films are utter and total cack

Well, no.  Thats a lie.

Ok which one is the masterpiece of the cinematic format then?

erm.....the first one?

Morph are you 12?

No.

Are you?  is that why you can't come up with a constructive argument and back up your 'views' rather than just type one word sentances 'All Rocky films are utter and total cack'.

Tbh, none of the rocky films are 'masterpiece blaa blaaa..' but the first one isn't 'utter cack'.

Only the fifth one is tbh.

Not seen them for ages but I remember that one being the worst.

Guest elbee909

The original Rocky is a great film.

Won 3 Oscars. Another 14 wins & 19 nominations.

Don't let Stallone's subsequent selling out ruin this movie!  The sequel is good, but Rocky 3 was the turning point towards stupidity, and Rocky 4 is practically a cynically-packaged cartoon.  5 is bollocks... don't know what to make of Balboa as I've not seen it.  Could be interesting.

Stallone seems to think it's ok to cash in with bollocks, as long as you do some stuff with artistic integrity at other times to make up for it.  And I think that's cynical bullshit.

First of all, it's great to be back talking to you guys again, and I want to say I've been reading all the talkbacks and appreciate the insights into the film. There's one talkback that really caught my eye by Cotton McKnight, who stated that some people might be embarrassed to go see ROCKY BALBOA, or skeptical, even. I couldn't agree more. What I believe can be achieved by people (and not TV ads or newspaper ads or radio blurbs) is the validation of one human being telling another human being that something is either good or bad. ROCKY BALBOA is coming off a 15-year hiatus, from a failed sequel... the unpleasant aroma of that corpse unfortunately still lingers in the minds of moviegoers. It would be great if the patrons of aintitcool.com who like the film would throw their weight behind it and try to convince skeptics that you can go the distance with dignity. I put more of my faith in you than any TV ads, so I would appreciate any of you who would spread the "good word", and give this film a proper send-off and a fond farewell.

Also, P.S. I believe I'm going to slip a film in before RAMBO comes out, even though I will be commencing with filming in February. I'll update you when the next project is chosen - hopefully it will finally be POE. So, my best to "the army of the 'right'," the AICN supporters.

Sylvester Stallone