Newcastle United v Burnley - Sat 29/02 @ 3:00pm (No TV)

Disco

A thread so good they made it twice...

[move]Liquid football returns to SJP with Burnley looking for their first win at SJP since the 1975/76 season. Can Dyche down Bruce? Football will decide.[/move]

Honestly couldn't care less how this goes. I actually think my interest in the club is nearly at 0 tbh.

Would be more fun if we lost than if we won. Thanks Mike. O0

I get a feeling that Burnley's recent results will benefit us. Our need is greater and they are just an average team - better than us and with a far better manager admittedly.

That's a hunch.

What is for certain though is that it is going to be atrocious. Greatest league in the world, the glitz, the glamour, the jazzed up self serving bubble inflating ridiculous money version of Port Vale or Bristol Rovers at home in the 2nd division in 90/91.

4-3-2-1 should be: Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar/Lejeune, Lascelles, Rose, Shelvey/Matty, Hayden, ASM, Miggy, Jo, Gayle

^ above formation gives us a ball player next to Jamaal, Shelvey/Matty the other additional ball player in midfield, Hayden helping out all over the pitch, ASM and Jo out wide, Miggy as #10, Gayle as the main striker

3-4-2-1 should be: Dubvraka, Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune, Yedlin, Matty, Hayden, Rose, ASM, Miggy, Gayle

^ above formation gives us 2 ball players in defense, Matty and Hayden as the midfield 2, Rose and Yedlin as wingbacks, ASM and Miggy getting forward and Gayle as the main striker

There will be no training. Just "right lads, 3-5-2 this week, get out there and give it a go".

After result: We changed things up a lot but players were not comfortable with a more attacking formation.

Pretty much bang on.

They also can't pass or hold the ball. Let alone even think about scoring. Or getting into the opposition half. We're not really good at defending yet, either.  According to Saint Bwuce anyway......It might be logical just for us to go down so I can rebuild this bag of shite that I've inherited.

It's imperative for our relegation chances that we lose this. It looks likely since they are in good form while we are not.

In other words we will scrape a 1-0 victory we have no right to win and essentially guarantee that we stay up.

A change in formation won’t suddenly make us start playing better football because the current management don’t know how to do it.

Every time we’ve deviated from our usual set up we’ve been well beaten so what would change this time?