Newcastle United v Burnley - Sat 29/02 @ 3:00pm (No TV)

Disco

There will be no training. Just "right lads, 3-5-2 this week, get out there and give it a go".

After result: We changed things up a lot but players were not comfortable with a more attacking formation.

Don't be silly, of course there will be training.  Bruce has the assistants measuring out a 5km run as we speak.

You might be able to detect a tad of over reaction in this post but I'm not seeing any way we're beating Burnley this weekend. They're good at everything we're bad at and for me this has got straightforward Burnley win written all over it. We look really weak at set pieces where they dominate, we can't create chances against a side that defend and constantly disrupt all over the pitch and they don't commit too much forward so unless ASM skins half their team I just can't see how we can trouble them. Unless there's another Dubravka masterclass to get us a point.

I also thought we'd play better and beat Palace.

Mad we're 7 points clear like.  :lol:

I can easily see us losing but wouldn't be surprised with a scrappy 1-1.

Might be that we splutter our way to safety (1 wins, 3 draws, 7 losses). I just look at West Ham fixtures and think  :knuppel2:

If we don't lose against West Ham at home or Watford away, I can't see us going down tbf.

Mad we're 7 points clear like.  :lol:

I can easily see us losing but wouldn't be surprised with a scrappy 1-1.

Might be that we splutter our way to safety (1 wins, 3 draws, 7 losses). I just look at West Ham fixtures and think  :knuppel2:

If we don't lose against West Ham at home or Watford away, I can't see us going down tbf.

I also predict a rancid 1-1 draw.

Would like us to play a 4-3-3 or a

4-2-3-1 system.

4-3-3:

Dubravka

Manquillo - Shär - Lascelles - Rose

M.Longstaff - Almiron - Hayden

Ritchie - Gayle - St Maximin

4-2-3-1:

Dubravka

Manquillo - Shär - Lascelles - Rose

M.Longstaff  - Hayden

Ritchie - Almiron - St Maximin

Gayle

Don’t think the 5 at the back is the problem but Bruce has slowly killed it.

It’ll be interesting to see what a weeks training turns into this weekend on the pitch. If it’s 442 I swear to god!

Exactly - the five at the back worked a treat for Rafa in the second half of last season - it's not the formation - it's this idiot's tactics!

The midfield pair and having no Rondon is the fucking problem. Trying to play as they did last season but without the personnel to do so as he wouldn't play Longstaff and Hayden together at the start and now both their form/confidence has cliffedged.

I can’t remember what the actual change was but I can’t remember under Pardew we best City away in the cup and he has to change the system/personnel for whatever reason and he stumbled into a winning formula somehow. Hope the same happens this weekend

Bet he switches back to five defenders by the 15th minute.

There's definitely going to be a repeat of player's bemusing looks over to the bench asking what they're supposed to be doing.

I'm actually dreading it.