Newcastle United v Burnley - Sat 29/02 @ 3:00pm (No TV)

Disco

Guest reefatoon

Remember the first game of the season after Willems came on and the fat knacker was standing there saying "what's going on?"  It's going to be 90 minutes of that.  I am now actually looking forward to this, it's going to be a giggle.

Bet he switches back to five defenders by the 15th minute.

There's definitely going to be a repeat of player's bemusing looks over to the bench asking what they're supposed to be doing.

I'm actually dreading it.

What's to dread? It's gonna be fucking marvellous.

It's just very, very desperate. It's like he knows how everyone's well aware of his lack of tactical nous so he's all like "We're working on something, honest, I know formations n stuff."

A manager who harps on about formations and methods and how we're gonna change things yada yada yada, is not a manager who feels secure in the way he does things, imo. You'd never get the likes of Wenger or Rafa bleating on like this, because even when their teams were in bad runs they believed in their philosophy and ultimately had a long game. Mugs like Bruce and Pardew are on a different plain altogether, just muddling through every week, pretending they've got a plan.

It's just very, very desperate. It's like he knows how everyone's well aware of his lack of tactical nous so he's all like "We're working on something, honest, I know formations n stuff."

A manager who harps on about formations and methods and how we're gonna change things yada yada yada, is not a manager who feels secure in the way he does things, imo. You'd never get the likes of Wenger or Rafa bleating on like this, because even when their teams were in bad runs they believed in their philosophy and ultimately had a long game. Mugs like Bruce and Pardew are on a different plain altogether, just muddling through every week, pretending they've got a plan.

Yep. I think this change of formation is only going to make Bruce look a bigger mug unfortunately ( for him). The team won't have a clue how to implement it.

I have never seen ten headless chickens (I exclude Dubs from this mayhem) but I suspect that the team Bwucie puts out against Burnley - whatever effing formation he thinks or hopes it might turn out to be - will be the nearest thing to it.

Who is supposed to be where? Who is supposed to pass to who?

Seriously can't wait to see this.

(We'll probably win to spite us all. Fucking Bruce)

I think it needs to be a loss with a horrendous performance, mainly for the sanity of some on here.

I'm in this boat. Fully expecting the team to get a win against all odds, despite of Bruce, to secure PL status and plaudits from match going consumers and pundits.

It's gonna be one of two things.  Either Stevie Bacon bottles it, we go out with Rafa's formation and tactics and play a game of football so bad the panel in the tv starts to shrivel up and die or we go out with biscuit boys tactics and we get reamed by a bunch of racist brexit loving cunts.

I have never seen ten headless chickens (I exclude Dubs from this mayhem) but I suspect that the team Bwucie puts out against Burnley - whatever effing formation he thinks or hopes it might turn out to be - will be the nearest thing to it.

If we change formation and win, I am happy to give Bruce the credit. But if we end up all over the place and he ends up reverting to Rafa's back 5, then he's getting no credit whatsoever. 

That said, if he can make us look like a functional team which looks well instructed with a game plan, then of course he should deserve some praise. Hahahaha!!

If we change formation and win, I am happy to give Bruce the credit. But if we end up all over the place and he ends up reverting to Rafa's back 5, then he's getting no credit whatsoever. 

That said, if he can make us look like a functional team which looks well instructed with a game plan, then of course he should deserve some praise. Hahahaha!!

When has he EVER made us look like a functional football team?

It's gonna be one of two things.  Either Stevie Bacon bottles it, we go out with Rafa's formation and tactics and play a game of football so bad the panel in the tv starts to shrivel up and die or we go out with biscuit boys tactics and we get reamed by a bunch of racist brexit loving cunts.

This.

Either a bore turgid draw or a thorough ass whipping.

If Bruce starts going full Bruce then things could get interesting.

I don't believe changing formation makes much of a difference, if the players are given bad instructions and don't know their roles in the team then no formation can really work for Bruce.

Get beat, the fans who have got the free tickets and those who never left will call for boycotts of the club until Ashley leave, boycotts which they won’t participate in, same as the last time when they called for a boycott then never went through with it. Then when Rafa left they had the cheek to call the fans who stood up and left.

Also the same fans who had a go at wor flags for asking for money towards the flags, but want a better atmosphere. The same guys who booo a bad touch, but haven’t sang Blaydon races since they were in primary school.

Fuck them. I wish they fucked off to support those 14 miles down the road, more in keeping with them.

Guest Howaythetoon

This has the potential to get ugly, and that’s not even taking the football into consideration.

A draw or narrow defeat.

Burnley seem to be having a typical solid season again, as awful as they are. The fact we are another level of awful to them, however, says everything about both clubs and the PL.

We were never this/that awful under Rafa, even if we had an awful result, performance or an awful game.

The PL powers that be should deduct teams as awful as we are with points to flush the likes of us away. If we stay up this season man, if Burnley finish comfortably...

Villa and Norwich from what I’ve seen at least don’t stink out every game with awful performances like we do.

Burnley do, but they are still light years ahead of us on and off the pitch.

Full house?