Newcastle Utd V Sheffield Utd - 21/06/2020 @ 2pm BST (Live on Sky/beoutQ)

samptime29

I’d love to know what the recruitment process is like for pundits. How does Shola get a look in? Is there a producer sitting in a booth going “oh Ameobi is on fire, this is gold, get him booked up again!”

We get the football pundits to fit our image as a bunch of flat cap wearing Geordie thickos. That means thick footballers as pundits, bacon bap managers like Carver and Bruce, and moronic football journalists on tv like the Custis twins.

I think Sky will make sure there is an ethnic person on every show from now on.

To be fair, they have been planting the seeds for a year or two now, long before the George Floyd incident. The likes of Reo-Coker, Ameobi etc. can certainly thank the colour of the skin, but yes, it does seem now that there must be 1 on a 2 or 3 person panel. They must absolutely love Aluko.

I’m really excited to have Father’s Day breakfast with my son and we get to watch Newcastle on tv before we have a nice day together. Nice bit of sunshine in an otherwise cloudy world at the moment. :thup:

Carroll still not fit to start a game then? He's only had  the whole season to get fit so guess might have been pushing it to expect him to be ready after 3 further months off.

I’m really excited to have Father’s Day breakfast with my son and we get to watch Newcastle on tv before we have a nice day together. Nice bit of sunshine in an otherwise cloudy world at the moment. :thup:

Sounds great man. You guys have a good one. Loved watching games with my pops growing up, he'll love it.