Newcastle Utd V Sheffield Utd - 21/06/2020 @ 2pm BST (Live on Sky/beoutQ)

samptime29

Bruce and Wilder took diametrically opposite positions when Project Restart was announced. Bruce was worried that players wouldn't be fit enough - although tbf that was when we were talking about an earlier restart - and Wilder was very bullish that every professional club should have no problem ensuring that their players remained fit.

Just on that basis, I reckon we will lose. Think they'll be better prepared than us, both mentally and physically.

Guest awaymag

1st game under new owners and it takes them 90 mins to realise, that their investment if going South at a rate of knots with the 30% possession king!  1-3 to the other Saudi!

Bruce and Wilder took diametrically opposite positions when Project Restart was announced. Bruce was worried that players wouldn't be fit enough - although tbf that was when we were talking about an earlier restart - and Wilder was very bullish that every professional club should have no problem ensuring that their players remained fit.

Just on that basis, I reckon we will lose. Think they'll be better prepared than us, both mentally and physically.

Mind games from the genius Bruce.

The thought of the PL returning while we’re still under the same ownership is depressing as fuck.

How? Even if its approved before the Sheff Utd game we can't buy or sell anyone regardless of the owner.

Because Steve Bruce will still be our manager.

The thought of the PL returning while we’re still under the same ownership is depressing as fuck.

How? Even if its approved before the Sheff Utd game we can't buy or sell anyone regardless of the owner.

If the takeover was to go through tomorrow Bruce would likely be out manager until the end of the season.

If the takeover was to go through tomorrow Bruce would likely be out manager until the end of the season.

What are you basing that on? If that does happen, how is that anything other than utterly depressing?

What are you basing that on? If that does happen how isn’t that anything other than utterly depressing?

If the takeover goes through tomorrow, do you think they'll sack Bruce straight off? I don't. Theyll give him to the end of the season and then bin him off most likely.

Guest Carrick18

Genuinely never felt so apathetic to the whole thing. Very odd. No idea who owns the club, how safe we may or may not be from relegation.

Guest reefatoon

Back to wanting us to win, strange old feeling this. Get a couple of early wins so we don’t have to worry about relegation.

Dubs fit yet?

Have a feeling that the enforced break is going to hurt Sheff Utd and they will fall away towards the end of the season.

If ASM and Almiron can last 90 mins (Brucie factor at play here) then I think we'll sneak it 1 or 2 nil with a couple of goals in the last 20 mins

Carroll will start and get injured, as will PD

Guest neesy111

I think the opposite, Sheff Utd were built around fitness and organisation and the lack of a proper pre-season will benefit them compared to other teams.

I think the opposite, Sheff Utd were built around fitness and organisation and the lack of a proper pre-season will benefit them compared to other teams.

Agree totally. Think they'll fly out of the blocks.

Guest Carrick18

Sheffield United's form at the start of the season wasn't bad, relative to the season, it wasn't great, but I'd imagine they'll just need to gain momentum. Much of the prep for this season was done a long time ago.

Agree totally. Think they'll fly out of the blocks.

Same. Wilder has also commented about players having fitness programmes and not having any excuse not to be fit. I’m sure most clubs will have done the same but I get the impression they will really be on the ball and ready to start where Bruce will be rolling out the excuses.

Totally agree that they'll be far, far, far fitter than us and the the idiot will use the "players are unsettled with the takeover" talk if we get beat!

I know Basham and he (as are his family!) is a big red and whiter so I'll be backing him to score first!