Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Declare the season as is, then have closed door playoffs (end of May time) for the promotion spots. So:

Norwich Vs Leeds

Villa Vs WBA

Bournemouth Vs Fulham

and work the way down the leagues.

All cup competitions abandoned

same problem in the champo though, what about teams 4th down who still have a chance of playoff promotion?  if you're going down that road there's no need for the playoff

Would probably make more sense to have the two teams in the automatic promotion positions come up and nobody gets relegated meaning the league is extended by 2 teams next season.

What about Villa who have a game in hand?

Reread my comment, no teams relegated, 2 teams come up. League gets extended by 2 teams next season.

Declare the season as is, then have closed door playoffs (end of May time) for the promotion spots. So:

Norwich Vs Leeds

Villa Vs WBA

Bournemouth Vs Fulham

and work the way down the leagues.

All cup competitions abandoned

same problem in the champo though, what about teams 4th down who still have a chance of playoff promotion?  if you're going down that road there's no need for the playoff

Would probably make more sense to have the two teams in the automatic promotion positions come up and nobody gets relegated meaning the league is extended by 2 teams next season.

What about Villa who have a game in hand?

Send them down.

If this goes on for months and months as it seems it will, why not declare next season void so this season can finish into that time slot and go from there.

I'm talking if this goes into 6 to 9 months of all football being on hold.

Then what about someone like Fulham who would probably fancy their chances in the Play Offs again being forced to miss out? They’ll probably then have to sell their main asset and there’s a good chance they’ll not go close next season.

Shite club. Fuck them

Probably been mentioned but did anyone see the Leeds fan on SSN, who said the games should go ahead and that as fans they can go to the games, "knowing the risks".

Its thick cunts like this who miss the point. It's not about if YOU get it, dickwad, it's about if you get it and take it back to your local area and pass it on to some old dear who doesnt give a fuck about the football.

Unbelievably selfish from a Leeds fan because hes desperate to get promoted.

My thoughts are, abandon the season, award Liverpool the league and have play offs (for the champions league and relegation spots), behind closed doors once its dying down.

They need to focus on getting next season started on a fresh, I dont think I'm up for shuffling around fixtures for next season.

My thoughts are, abandon the season, award Liverpool the league and have play offs (for the champions league and relegation spots), behind closed doors once its dying down.

They need to focus on getting next season started on a fresh, I dont think I'm up for shuffling around fixtures for next season.

Difficulty is, we have no idea if we'll be in a position to start next season as normal at the beginning of August.

Skip next season and finish this one instead.

It will depend on when the league can restart. The problem with canceling next season to finish this one is that you’d give up 38 games per team to play 9.

As I said what they can do will really depend on when they can restart

The goverment didnt decide to cancel games those clubs whereby players may or maynot have it decided that, games should of went ahead , toatl paranoir bt meadia., had a look at how many up here have it, turns out approx 8 people out of 2.5 million or so, more people die from flu that will peg it with the latest nonsense.

Dedicated sports channels like Sky and BT are fucked like. Normally I'd whack Sports Saturday on in the background, now they are reduced to talking about Coronavirus. Must be a few presenters going on gardening leave in the next few weeks.

I’m gonna cancel sky sports I reckon. Only had it for the football anyway.

Dedicated sports channels like Sky and BT are fucked like. Normally I'd whack Sports Saturday on in the background, now they are reduced to talking about Coronavirus. Must be a few presenters going on gardening leave in the next few weeks.

I’m gonna cancel sky sports I reckon. Only had it for the football anyway.

Wish I could cancel mine, but I'm tied in until August.

The goverment didnt decide to cancel games those clubs whereby players may or maynot have it decided that, games should of went ahead , toatl paranoir bt meadia., had a look at how many up here have it, turns out approx 8 people out of 2.5 million or so, more people die from flu that will peg it with the latest nonsense.

The numbers are only reported cases theres likely hundreds of thousands have it. Come on they dont lockdown entire countries and cancel all sporting events for a flu like virus. The government are not telling people the whole truth about this to avoid complete mass hysteria