Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

It's definitely looking likely that no football (or any sport) will be played in front of crowds until a vaccine is ready, worst case scenario being that the end of this season and maybe the whole of next season will be in empty stadium. Not at all sure how that would work and not convinced the football on show would be worth watching. This won't apply to the USA as they will probably just gamble that the extra cases and deaths will be insignificant compared to the money the owners can make.

I think it will depends in America on the state, haven’t Florida not already deemed sport as essential and events can take place again.

Just wrestling, I think. Either way, sports with fans here will have to start again based on the league and not Trump or the individual states, even if some states are doing better than others. I don't see any of the major leagues here will allow fans until a vaccine is available/the CDC says it's safe

I think it will depends in America on the state, haven’t Florida not already deemed sport as essential and events can take place again.

Just wrestling, I think. Either way, sports with fans here will have to start again based on the league and not Trump or the individual states, even if some states are doing better than others. I don't see any of the major leagues here will allow fans until a vaccine is available/the CDC says it's safe

no sports and media production on a national level

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/wwe-essential-business-florida-coronavirus.html

The idea of playing 90 odd games in a month seems far too ambitious.

The thing is that there’s a whole bunch of meaningless mid table games (such as ours)

Why not arrange a mini league for the European places and a mini league for the drop? Means less games, less risk and far more achievable.

The alternative is cancelling the season and starting the following season at a later point. Touch on Liverpool but that’s life.

I cannot imagine football stadiums being full of fans until a vaccine has been rolled out which could take at least 18 months. Are people going to attend wearing N95 masks until then? Back to normal is a long way off. At least the possibility of an empty stadium for a season could push Mike Ashley to finally selling NUFC.

Might have been posted somewhere but all teams have a player representing them in a FIFA tournament, Villa Brighton kicks it off at noon today, you can watch on various websites.

Might have been posted somewhere but all teams have a player representing them in a FIFA tournament, Villa Brighton kicks it off at noon today, you can watch on various websites.

We have a bye into the last 16 where we play Spurs. If we win that we will play the winner of Man Utd v Liverpool, the possibly Man City or Chelsea.