Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

PL may be forced  to make a decision soon on the weekend and beyond like .

ive had to give up my ticket for the next few games , I need to protect the wife who has a bad cancer for those who didn’t know . 

gutted but I’ve got to be sensible.

Edited by GWN

Just now, GWN said:

ive had to give up my ticket for the next few games , I need to protect the wife who has a bad cancer for those who didn’t know . 

It’s a pisser, but you’re doing the right thing mate, we are gonna limit where we go/who we see over the next few weeks. Just too risky at the moment!

Load of weekend games now off at the weekend:

Southampton v Brentford

Watford v Crystal Palace

West Ham United v Norwich City 

Everton vs Leicester

Manchester United v Brighton

All GONE!

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s beyond sport now, surely it’s unsafe to continue.

I do agree, but part of me thinks, again, what’s the point in having squads, reserves, under 23s and academy graduates and that we also have to try and live with this. I’d rather it was all cancelled than no fans in stadiums though again. 

8 minutes ago, GWN said:

Your not the only one mate I totally understand where your coming from, I haven’t been all season as my wife is heavily immunocompromised, so it hasn’t really been worth the risk 

After tonight’s round of games, it will be cancelled at the weekend, maybe for ten days while players isolate? I’d just bring it back on the 31st of January with NUFC loaded with top players after a huge spend… 

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

After tonight’s round of games, it will be cancelled at the weekend, maybe for ten days while players isolate? I’d just bring it back on the 31st of January with NUFC loaded with top players after a huge spend… 

Clubs have told the premier league they want it cancelling till 15th jan.

4 minutes ago, GWN said:

Gonna happen now , I predict the lot off soon , wow 

there is a god [emoji38], no seriously it will help us massively 

Fuckers will probably make us play the next 3 games 

Edited by nufcnick

Just now, cubaricho said:

Would we be allowed to train and the like? Just pretty much having another pre-season? Or does the squad have to quarantine? I don't remember what happened last time.

Trained from home when it was off. 

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Premier League should start docking points imo. If you can't fulfill a fixture because your players are crackers, tough shit, you lose a point.

Quite agree. Or, if that's the reason they're unavailable, dip into the youth squad and play them instead. Take the hit. 

Manchester United's official reason for asking for a postponement is "we don't have enough players to fulfil the fixture".

Just read that cunt again. Man U, the biggest club on the planet, apparently don't have enough players to play the fucking fixture. Utter, fucking, shithouses. Biggest cunts going. 

Two options

1) Everyone play, only way a game can be postponed is through positive player tests. If you have unvaccinated players who have to isolate due to contact, you get docked 2 points per game you can't play with game seeing rearranged for later. I think thats better than giving walkover wins. 
2) Break for everyone till January 

Personally whilst option 1 sounds good, as we might get some points through that its a can of worms and pot luck with who plays and doesn't. So option 2 giving a clean break till Jan is fair for everyone. Then the season gets extended by two weeks with games being played then. 

Edited by Adam