Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Is it paranoid to not want my parents to go to the match on Saturday? Dunno if I should go either as I'm one of the high risk groups with chest problems. But then I'm on the metro every day with people hacking and sneezing.

Is it paranoid to not want my parents to go to the match on Saturday? Dunno if I should go either as I'm one of the high risk groups with chest problems. But then I'm on the metro every day with people hacking and sneezing.

All in all being around people in an open air stadium is unlikely to result in you catching it. The biggest risk is if you touch a surface that has the infection on it and then catching it from there.

If you are not comfortable though then don’t go. The rumours are that it’s going to be announced as being behind closed doors in anyway.

All in all being around people in an open air stadium is unlikely to result in you catching it. The biggest risk is if you touch a surface that has the infection on it and then catching it from there.

If you are not comfortable though then don’t go. The rumours are that it’s going to be announced as being behind closed doors in anyway.

Luckily the stadium is notoriously free if surfaces that the 52,000 won't be touching.

Surely they’ll suspend games now?

If you go on the 2 week rule for symptoms to show then you go back to Leicesters games in March (Norwich, Birmingham, Villa) then the knock on of games Norwich have played (Spurs, Sheff Utd) and Birmingham have played (Reading) then you need to at least suspend this weeks games involving any of these 6 teams to lay it safe. Spurs have of course played since playing Norwich in Europe.

Lets say the games go ahead, in the space of 2 weeks you've got nigh on 15 teams (150+ players) that have a link in the accepted isolation time frame to one club. It just makes sense to take an easy decision of halting games for a period of time. Of course no football is a pain, but its not exactly a life changing measure

Aye.

Was thinking earlier this whole massive disruption (assuming it has an end point) might actually work in favour for most when the needless Qatar WC rolls round disrupting everything.

So Liverpool stay holders of the Champions league but denied the premier league? That would be something.

Absolutely no way of telling how long this will last. Postponing the Euro's seems extreme but in actuality this could be running well into the start of the summer.

Almost speechless at all this, like. It's monumental decision after monumental decision..... nothing ever stops sports. Storms, war, terrorism, tragedies etc. Sports always continue regardless. This must be huge.