Current-gen stuff

TheInfiniteOdyssey

I didn't think quick restart was much of a selling point but I'd definitely miss it now like. It's just like usual, some games run a bit better on one and some on the other from what I've seen. Sony always have the best games but I haven't seen one I can't live without on ps5 yet so I went Xbox because I prefer pretty much everything else about that system. Was vaguely disappointed with the Series S but the Series X is brilliant.

Edited by OpenC

It's amazing but it irritates me that it doesn't recognise tree lines (or at least doesn't change them with latitude) - all the majestic mountains I've climbed in Scotland and the lakes end up looking like pit heaps because it insists on dotting them with trees top to bottom :lol:

Very compelling game though. I play it on Series X Gamepass via streaming rather than download because it's so huge.

22 hours ago, LFEE said:

Well that's quite shit isn't it. Obviously the verticalness exacerbates the issue, but if there is something in the console that isn't sealed properly, I can't imagine keeping it horizontal is a guarantee of safety. Unless you never ever move the thing around.

This is nothing at all to do with the fact I just wall mounted mine (vertically) behind my TV.

21 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Well that's quite shit isn't it. Obviously the verticalness exacerbates the issue, but if there is something in the console that isn't sealed properly, I can't imagine keeping it horizontal is a guarantee of safety. Unless you never ever move the thing around.

This is nothing at all to do with the fact I just wall mounted mine (vertically) behind my TV.

😆

Thinking about picking up a PS5, now they seem to be available. 

A few Qs:

- I have a PS4 and quite a few games on disc and digital. Seems you get graphical improvements etc for quite a few PS4 games, is that the case? No strings attached, you can just download the update? 

- I assume there's no danger of them going down in price any time soon so might as well bite the bullet whenever? 

- Any slim or pro version seems to be miles away, late 2023 at earliest? 

Soz I have Googled all of the above but nothing conclusive, except for the first one but feel like I might be reading it wrong as sounds too good to be true :lol:

Edited by Interpolic

5 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Thinking about picking up a PS5, now they seem to be available. 

A few Qs:

- I have a PS4 and quite a few games on disc and digital. Seems you get graphical improvements etc for quite a few PS4 games, is that the case? No strings attached, you can just download the update? 

- I assume there's no danger of them going down in price any time soon so might as well bite the bullet whenever? 

- Any slim or pro version seems to be miles away, late 2022 at earliest? 

Soz I have Googled all of the above but nothing conclusive, except for the first one but feel like I might be reading it wrong as sounds too good to be true :lol:

-Aye. Some have even had full PS5 remasters for free, although some do charge these days. (List here.)

-Think it's unlikely.

-Seems so, aye.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

-Aye. Some have even had full PS5 remasters for free, although some do charge these days. (List here.)

-Think it's unlikely.

-Seems so, aye.

Nice one, cheers Rich :) Just need to work out how to frame the discussion with my wife now and I'm sorted :lol:

The first point is the main reason to own one tbh. Should be able to sell your PS4 too to get some of the money back.

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Just need to work out how to frame the discussion with my wife now and I'm sorted :lol:

'i am still a child at heart and need to buy a console to play video games on the telly like a bairn despite pushing 50' worked for me

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Nice one, cheers Rich :) Just need to work out how to frame the discussion with my wife now and I'm sorted :lol:

Worth noting for q3 that the ps5 has had incremental under the hood changes since it was first released. Stuff that improves thermal performance and should ultimately improve longevity and performance of the system, leaving release day IDIOTS (hi) with a ticking time bomb that also serves as a space heater / white noise device. 

Wife found out about her work bonus today so bounced into the house in a joyous mood. Thought it an optimal time to raise the issue and she jokingly said No but didn't completely kick off.

Ordered one, cheers for the help :)

So you went with 'i am still a child at heart and need to buy a console to play video games on the telly like a bairn. Will you spend your bonus on me please?'

ballsy move