The Current-Gen Thread (PS5, Xbox Series X)

Meh, nothing there to make me think the new Xbox is a better option than the PC/Playstation combo. All of those "in engine" cutscenes could've easily been from the current gen of consoles.

Meh, nothing there to make me think the new Xbox is a better option than the PC/Playstation combo. All of those "in engine" cutscenes could've easily been from the current gen of consoles.

All of the games are cross-gen to be fair so that's probably to be expected

Do think it's a bit of a mistake to wait until July for a first-party showcase though, especially with Sony almost certainly having an event before then.

Pointless having a steam in that case though IMO. Microsoft have really gotta pull something out the bag this gen, and I'm not sure the marginally-better specs of the console are enough to pull people away from ps5, especially when most of Microsofts games come to PC as well. Getting in early with some exciting new exclusives should've been their play, they need to take a gamble on new IP, most people are bored of the usual suspects by now.

Pointless having a steam in that case though IMO. Microsoft have really gotta pull something out the bag this gen, and I'm not sure the marginally-better specs of the console are enough to pull people away from ps5, especially when most of Microsofts games come to PC as well. Getting in early with some exciting new exclusives should've been their play, they need to take a gamble on new IP, most people are bored of the usual suspects by now.

Agreed, can only assume that third-party partners were pressuring either Microsoft or Sony to hold an event where they could showcase a few games

To be fair, they are doing a first-party event in July, so we should wait and see what they bring to the table. Who knows, they could have a fantastic lineup of games coming.

Tbf today's stuff was all third party stuff which you'll see on playstation too.

In terms of convincing people to buy an Xbox i imagine their plans to show their own teams stuff in July will dictate that.

Edit: WAYYYYY too slow :lol:

Call of the Sea was probably the most interesting one to me in terms of unannounced reveals.

I think Yakuza and Masquerade Bloodlines will be good but they've already been announced before.

It's almost like certain developers will prioritise certain things and a game wide rule will never happen.

MS was foolish to come out with the 60 FPS comment, I'm sure a lot of games will be, but to use that as general statement seems very naive.

personally I'm never bothered by 30fps (so long as its stable) but yeah not shocking especially as a launch title for the consoles (probably) always takes a little bit for devs to fully figure out how best to optimize for new consoles