The Current-Gen Thread (PS5, Xbox Series X)

I don't see how anyone gets away with 30fps nowadays personally. There is no reason they couldn't do a stable 60fps, but I'm sure all the graphical power is going to realistic titty physics or something of that ilk.

I don't see how anyone gets away with 30fps nowadays personally. There is no reason they couldn't do a stable 60fps, but I'm sure all the graphical power is going to realistic titty physics or something of that ilk.

:thup: inexcusable, especially since you can guarantee the 30fps will be wonky anyway. No AAA titles in the next gen should be running at 30fps, it should be a relic of the past.

At the very least games should offer players the option of a 30fps mode favouring titty physics or a 60fps mode favouring performance.

:thup: inexcusable, especially since you can guarantee the 30fps will be wonky anyway. No AAA titles in the next gen should be running at 30fps, it should be a relic of the past.

At the very least games should offer players the option of a 30fps mode favouring titty physics or a 60fps mode favouring performance.

its down to the fact that most people buying consoles don't really care about or notice fps unless its really wonky while people do notice fancy titty phyisics

I cannot accept that people with eyes/brains wouldn't notice 60fps vs 30 if they were actually playing a game.

Ditto. It’s possibly more obvious than 1080p v 4K so makes no sense to go 4K30fps over 1080p60fps :lol:

I’d say most people will have a 60hz TV as opposed to a 4K one anyway.

:lol: I'm very happy to be ignorant regarding frame rate, stable 30fps has never bothered me and I don't really mind random drops either. I played the old Assassin's Creeds on PS3 and the terrible frame rate didn't bother me, screen tearing did but I could live with it.

Same thing with older games and 50/60hz. I actively try to stay ignorant and turn my head away whenever there's a side by side comparison on some random Youtube video. :lol:

I mean, I understand if you stay ignorant and literally never experience 60(+) fps.

Obviously it's a fucking ridiculous stance mind. It's like refusing to watch TV that isn't in standard def or something. You one of the people who complained about losing ceefax too?

I mean, I understand if you stay ignorant and literally never experience 60(+) fps.

Obviously it's a fucking ridiculous stance mind. It's like refusing to watch TV that isn't in standard def or something. You one of the people who complained about losing ceefax too?

Obviously I'm not complaining or refusing to play a game that runs at 60fps on modern consoles but it's not a major selling point for me, I'm blind on this and don't play anything competitive so don't really care.

And it's a really simple case with older games (PS2 and older) that had botched PAL conversions. I have tons of 50hz only PAL games on multiple consoles that I don't want to replace with US or JPN versions if I would become one of those "50hz is unplayable crap" people that internet is full of. Rather try to stay ignorant and save a lot of money just from shipping and import duties. If I'm putting roms somewhere I do usually choose the 60hz US/JPN rom but can't really tell the difference. :lol:

And Finland's ceefax is still going strong and there would be riots if it was taken away. :aww:

Obviously I'm not complaining or refusing to play a game that runs at 60fps on modern consoles but it's not a major selling point for me, I'm blind on this and don't play anything competitive so don't really care.

And it's a really simple case with older games (PS2 and older) that had botched PAL conversions. I have tons of 50hz only PAL games on multiple consoles that I don't want to replace with US or JPN versions if I would become one of those "50hz is unplayable crap" people that internet is full of. Rather try to stay ignorant and save a lot of money just from shipping and import duties. If I'm putting roms somewhere I do usually choose the 60hz US/JPN rom but can't really tell the difference. :lol:

And Finland's ceefax is still going strong and there would be riots if it was taken away. :aww:

You can still have 50hz display and get a game running at 50FPS so updating every frame. The display of 50/60hz isn’t the issue it’s the game being optimised so it runs every frame instead of every two or worse. I’ve yet to personally experience 120/120 but I’m guessing the difference between that and 60/60 is harder to tell compared to 60/60 v 60/30.

My second ever full time job was doing pages for Teletext. True story :lol:

I currently have a 240hz monitor, and I can run Rocket League at 240fps, it's certainly not as noticeable a jump as 60->144 was, but I regret nothing.

Every so often I load RL up on my Xbox, where the menus take ~one hundred years to load up. Trying to play on that thing is laughable at this point.

It ruins games tbf. :lol: I never noticed it until I got a PC and when I went back to play Force Unleashed 2 on Xbox I couldn't play it. The low frame rate was too jarring and I just had to stop whereas beforehand it didn't bother me at all.

I mean it looks cool and all but without attempting to sound very negative we had some pretty impressive tech demos for PS4 as well. :lol:

Yup. Games tend to look a lot better before dynamic elements such as AI are introduced, that's where the performance is tested.