The Current-Gen Thread (PS5, Xbox Series X)

I agree with the sentiments here, although if GTA VI was released at £70, I would likely make an exception for it

Nonetheless, I suppose the broader point I was trying to make is that there are games 'better-suited' to this price-point than others, I would theorise that the next Naughty Dog game or God of War wouldn't be too badly impacted by an increased price in terms of sales, but it would be more keenly felt for games of the likes of Returnal, I just can't see many taking the plunge at that price.

Guessing people didn't own a N64 then.....

Correct :lol:

£50 is expensive for a game IMO. If you need to charge £70 to recoup the money you spent making it, you spent too much money making it.

£50 is expensive for a game IMO. If you need to charge £70 to recoup the money you spent making it, you spent too much money making it.

That's the point isn't it? They quite clearly don't need to, they're doing it because money and they know they can.

They do this shite all the time. Games were typically £40 at one point, probably lower but I cant remember. Then it was about £50, PS4 was about £60 on the PS Store, and now its £70. They add a tenner every generation.

That's the point isn't it? They quite clearly don't need to, they're doing it because money and they know they can.

The claim from "the industry" is that the games need to be more expensive to cover production costs. Jim Sterling covered it in a few videos last year.

I find it's too simplistic just to say higher sales cover development costs, got ongoing operational costs for online gaming which I can tell you is not insignificant, higher costs for retailers for their cut etc.

Between £40-£50 is about right, anything more is too much and digital delivery should be cheaper not more expensive as well.

I find it's too simplistic just to say higher sales cover development costs, got ongoing operational costs for online gaming which I can tell you is not insignificant, higher costs for retailers for their cut etc.

Between £40-£50 is about right, anything more is too much and digital delivery should be cheaper not more expensive as well.

Digital delivery must save silly amounts compared to physical ones. I can't justify spending £60 on a game unless I have certainty I will like it. So I opt to wait for online sales or ebay disc copies. I've bought nothing for PS5 so far as it all doesn't jump at me as being any good and is too expensive.

The claim from "the industry" is that the games need to be more expensive to cover production costs. Jim Sterling covered it in a few videos last year.

Well you and i both know they are talking out of their asses.

Expandable storage coming to ps5 in the summer. Just had a look of the price for (likely) compatible SSDs, it's not cheap :lol:

Doesn't a 2TB cost as much as a console?

Not far off :lol:

Probably going to have to make do with what we've got for a while.

Shame they couldn't have squeezed in just a couple extra 100gb in the internal storage, would have lasted so much longer.

Has anyone tested FO4 on PS5, and does it work? At the mirror in the beginning, I have to pause, start, pause, start again and again until I get to the character creator. Then when a character speaks and the text comes up, I have to pause the game for the sound to come. Nice that Sony gives us free games, which do not even work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think my PS5 is about to break. In a short time it has refused to start through the controller 3-4times and I have to press the console 5-10 times, before it starts. Will wait until after the summer and then send it in.

Edited by lxsln