The Current-Gen Thread (PS5, Xbox Series X)

I really didn’t love the look of the combat on the videos I’ve seen. Like, the bright colours etc. It seemed very misplaced on what was supposed to be this scary dark world to have these luminous colours to pick up items etc. 

Probably just me misinterpreting what the game is supposed to be. Could do with a demo. 

51 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

I really didn’t love the look of the combat on the videos I’ve seen. Like, the bright colours etc. It seemed very misplaced on what was supposed to be this scary dark world to have these luminous colours to pick up items etc. 

Probably just me misinterpreting what the game is supposed to be. Could do with a demo. 

That's exactly how I felt. It didn't look very next-gen to me too. Just looks like a poor PS4 game. A demo would seriously help me understand where I'm wrong.

I do think it looks a step up from what the PS4 could do (if only in terms of resolution) but it doesn't look like a particularly good or interesting game. Will take Cf's word for it like, reviews have always been trustworthy so far.

I feel like a lot of early in the gen games get much, much better reviews (from the press) that they deserve though

Edited by OpenC

I don't really agree regarding press giving overly good reviews tbh, to me reviews have gotten much harsher in the last few years.

In the PS3 gen there were games getting 95+ all the time that definitely did not deserve it.

Outside of some obvious biases to the usual suspects i feel like that rarely happens anymore.

Besides an 86 isn't monstrously high tbh. It means it's a very good game which based on what I've seen and been told seems to be earned.

Posted (edited)

To give it some context, and to hark back to PS3, it's the same score that Resistance: Fall Of Man has on meta. And that's absolute fucking shite, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise :lol:

Edited by OpenC

Posted (edited)

And only two more than Housemarque's own Resogun on PS4 which, if it had arrived later in the gen would have been nowhere near that IMO. It's literally just Defender with a lot going on visually :lol:

I don't know, maybe you're right. I feel like when games are scarce, as they undeniably are for this gen now, then people make allowances for averageness that they wouldn't after one or two triple A's arrive.

Edited by OpenC

Not sure why but I'm having a lot of problems with my PS5. Particularly playing PS4 games. If I play FIFA PS4 version on it it plays about twice as fast as it should and is totally out of sync. Like players flying around all over the place AI are just slide tackling in the middle of the pitch a fe seconds after the ball was there. Feel like I must have some sort of setting wrong somewhere in my console and the PS4 still plays all the games normally.

Returnal looks decent but just I can't see myself ever spending £70 on one game like unless it's absolutely special. I've probably spent that on the last 20 games I've played combined :lol:

Will play it in a few years when it's old and dated... If Playstations are actually available by then. 

My Playstation 5, has started to turn on itself from time to time. Three times since yesterday. Can watch movies through the Disney app on tv and all of a sudden it beeps and the tv switches source to ps5.

4 hours ago, lxsln said:

My Playstation 5, has started to turn on itself from time to time. Three times since yesterday. Can watch movies through the Disney app on tv and all of a sudden it beeps and the tv switches source to ps5.

Disable HDMI CEC stuff. It has some proprietary name on PS. But your TV will be turning it on inadvertently. 

I do get annoyed when the PS5 turns on randomly, i actually decided to just unplug it and only plug it in when I feel like playing. 

Used to happen all the time with my PS4. 

From my extensive research, I narrowed the reason down being, a ghost turning it on. 

• 2 weeks later...