The Current-Gen Thread (PS5, Xbox Series X)

Horizon: Forbidden West on track to be released "this holiday season", but God of War: Ragnarök has been pushed to next year. Both will be available on ps4 as well as ps5.

Downloaded the Star Wars Fallen Order PS5 upgrade version. The higher resolution is not 60 fps, so is a jerky experience. You can turn on performance mode where it downscales and locks at 60 fps, but then it's identical to the PS4 version that I was already playing!

Very underwhelming. I know it's early doors, but so far it seems to just make your PS4 Pro 4k games work at 60 fps and that's it. Anything beyond that and it struggles. Hoping for some better PS5 games/upgrades. Last Of Us 2 PS5 upgrade is here and that was under 60 fps on PS4 Pro, so happy just to enjoy 60 fps on PS5.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora revealed, coming to PS5, Series X|S, PC, Stadia and Luna in 2022.

Developed by Ubisoft studio - Massive Entertainment (creators of The Division)

Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience. In this new, standalone story, play as a Na’vi and embark on a journey across the Western Frontier, a never-before-seen part of Pandora. Explore a living and reactive world inhabited by unique creatures and new characters, and push back the formidable RDA forces that threaten it.

-First Person

-Open world

-Standalone story, play as a Na'vi

-Collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney

2 hours ago, HUGZ said:

Has anybody had any recent success in acquiring a PS5? If so, what are the best methods? thank you in advance!

Follow Twitter pages that give stock alerts. Then be ready to hit all sites and buy.

I knew an Argos drop was happening. Managed to get one in my basket, had go change stores to one 30 miles away and select same day delivery and it went through. Some serious luck is involved, as amount of times I got it in my basket and couldn't proceed in the months before was nuts.

We got the kids through EE if you've got a phone with them.  Keep checking the add accessories page and you can get one on 12 months interest free or just pay it off the following month.

We got it back in November for £459 with an extra controller.

12 hours ago, HUGZ said:

It’s not 100%, but according to https://twitter.com/ps5stockalertuk, Amazon are about to drop some tomorrow morning for Prime day. 8/9am.

This is now happening tomorrow morning.

Although, I just managed to get one through ASDA from that Twitter account, good stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to nab a PS5 from argos yesterday. Astro's Playroom is class for a freebie like, only game I've bothered playing so far. 

8 hours ago, Andy said:

Finally managed to nab a PS5 from argos yesterday. Astro's Playroom is class for a freebie like, only game I've bothered playing so far. 

It's all downhill from here. 

23 hours ago, Decky said:

Off work all next week so picked up Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. It looks great.

Great game! My son, gave it "better than Fortnite!". Thats like Snoop saying "better than weed".

On 11/07/2021 at 08:24, Froggy said:

It's all downhill from here. 

It's class like, wouldn't have felt ripped off if it was £50.

13 minutes ago, Andy said:

It's class like, wouldn't have felt ripped off if it was £50.

I can't call it the best game I've ever played, but I don't remember ever enjoying a game as much. :lol: Just an incredible experience.

Can't wait until that controller technology is explored further. 

On 11/07/2021 at 01:19, Andy said:

Talk about luck. Was it this one on Eldon Square? I went there on friday, had no luck. 

Edited by BraveDefence