The Current-Gen Thread (PS5, Xbox Series X)

36 minutes ago, BraveDefence said:

Talk about luck. Was it this one on Eldon Square? I went there on friday, had no luck. 

Got it online and collected from Team Valley. I had discord notifications set up months ago but had just stopped trying. One came through last Thursday and to my surprise there was stock when I went to order. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2021 at 02:17, Nobody said:

Horizon: Forbidden West on track to be released "this holiday season", but God of War: Ragnarök has been pushed to next year. Both will be available on ps4 as well as ps5.

Reports coming out now saying Horizon has been delayed until 2022 as well. 

16 hours ago, Dokko said:

Shittest console wars so far but it does seem M$ wins simply through game pass. Tragic set of events

Barely touched my xbox since I got my PS5 like, Gamepass is great but games feel better on PS5 IMO, the controller is a huge factor in that.

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Gearing up to be one of the worst years in gaming in a while this surely?

As a very casual/distant observer of the industry; why's that? With the two most advanced consoles ever having just landed, I wouldn't have thought this was the case? (asking, not disputing) 

Probably no huge wild PS5 releases.

Personally I've had a blast on my pc/switch/PS5. But mostly playing season pass esque games or strategy things. Like rimworld has been out forever but they added DLC recently. 

Guess it just depends if your gaming is all about AAAAAAA PS5 releases or you're content with small evolutions of existing games. 

On 31/07/2021 at 16:45, Yorkie said:

As a very casual/distant observer of the industry; why's that? With the two most advanced consoles ever having just landed, I wouldn't have thought this was the case? (asking, not disputing) 

Knock on effects of work from home etc. I'd imagine that has had a huge impact on games being delayed and release schedules being completely up in the air.

On 31/07/2021 at 15:34, Andy said:

Barely touched my xbox since I got my PS5 like, Gamepass is great but games feel better on PS5 IMO, the controller is a huge factor in that.

Need to try this controller. Game pass is a bribe to fill the void covid has created. It's working but can't last forever.we need some proper next gen games...before the year is out imo.  

On 01/08/2021 at 01:45, Yorkie said:

Covid pretty much wiped out the entire slate of major 2020 and 2021 releases that weren't ready to go when it struck (not that it stopped Cyberpunk) for all consoles and platforms apart from annual updates for FIFA/NBA/NFL or Call of Duty.  

Plus there are supply issues still for new consoles, so games that were allegedly going to be Next Gen exclusive are now being released for both generations.

Edited by Pandamninator

Releases have been poor but I've had a tonne of fun gaming this year to be honest. More than most recent years anyway. Guess the PS5 injected some life back into me and the lockdowns have given me more room to work through a lot of the games I've wanted to play but never found the time for. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally snagged a PS5 after about ten months.  Had to get a bundle, but just realised the Ghost of Tsushima I was going to Ebay is actually a directors cut, so I'll probably play through it again.

3 hours ago, Troll said:

Finally snagged a PS5 after about ten months.  Had to get a bundle, but just realised the Ghost of Tsushima I was going to Ebay is actually a directors cut, so I'll probably play through it again.

Wish I could get one from somewhere. Got a lot of PS4 games to catch up on having missed the boat entirely. 

Plus the lineup looks brilliant after the PlayStation event. 

5 hours ago, Anderson said:

Deathloop reviewing very well. Seen a couple 10/10s and Eurogamer have it down as 'essential'. Must sting a little that Microsoft's best reviewed game so far is a PS console exclusive.

Excellent, that was another one that was in my bundle but I'd never heard of.

The Last of Us (both)

God of War

Hades.

Get yourself PS Plus and they give away a decent collection of PS4 titles to get you started.

Edited by Sima

Fuck if you’ve the whole PS4 catalog then I don’t know where to start, so many class games. Spider-Man, The Last of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn, the Uncharted series, check those out. 

I've actually never played God Of War myself but it’s in my library. Maybe I should check it out.

Figure I don’t go out much apart from cycling these days, and with winter coming, might as well have some games to play. The Xbox lineup has failed to impress me and I’ve had so many games on my list from PS3/PS4 for years, being an Xbox advocate. 

Definitely get PlayStation Plus by the way. As mentioned before, you get like 20 odd top PS4 games for free with it on PS5. It’ll save you a fair wack. Also check out PS Now, it’s basically Netflix for games, but you’ll have plenty on your plate with those free games.

God of War, Last of Us 1&2 & Spider-Man games would have to be the essentials from the PS library for me. Oh, and don’t play anything until you’ve played Astro!

Wouldn’t recommend Now mind, always looks dreadful value vs Game Pass.

PS Now is absolutely diabolical by comparison. Full of games that you don't buy even when they're £4 on the store. That's my PS4 experience anyway, can't imagine that anything has improved on 5.