Playstation 5

Decky

I should have mentioned this but this talk was initially aimed at developers before Coronavirus happened. (GDC specifically)

The general public are going to get nothing from it and they're not going to show any games or anything.

I was just asking if they are equally powered? On paper X looks more powerful I just wonder by how much. What helped the PS4 before the exclusives which is Sony’s strong point was it was more powerful and cheaper than the One.

They are similarly powered on paper. They both have fancy elements to them that may or may not make them "more powerful", but it's not really something that can be evaluated just on paper. At the moment I don't think there's a clear and obvious "more powerful" console.

Complete opposite for me. Xbox Game Pass looks great, but I barely manage to play through the games I actually do buy, nevermind the freebies. With the exception of the Forza games, nothing much stands out. PS exclusives this gen meanwhile have stood head and shoulders above most releases.

Complete opposite for me. Xbox Game Pass looks great, but I barely manage to play through the games I actually do buy, nevermind the freebies. With the exception of the Forza games, nothing much stands out. PS exclusives this gen meanwhile have stood head and shoulders above most releases.

Game Pass has a load of great games tbf, especially the indie selection.

It's all about the games. Sony did a great job with first party exclusives this generation. Microsoft with the Xbox one made their job easy with the way they shot themselves in the foot early doors with price and ridiculous early policies like tying games to Xbox owners live account so not allowing for pre-owned games or anything as simple as lending a game off a mate. I hear Microsoft have been very developer friendly for the Series X and in time will be attempting to have plenty of their own exclusives.

I usually wait 6 months to a year after release to buy a new console as the wait for decent games around the time of release is interminable. Even then it tends to be the alternative to the one I had the previous generation. Had a Xbox 360 so went for a PS4 caught up on the stuff I'd missed like Last Of US and Uncharted and thoroughly enjoyed new titles like Spider Man as well as innovations like PSVR. Next time I think I'll go XBox Series X based on the early info, I like the idea of Games Pass, can catch up on some (admittedly few Xbox one exclusives) and I can once again enjoy some old titles like Fight Night(thanks to backwards compatibility) that seem to have been forgotten for this go around.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even play on my PS4, and never have really, but I'm still really looking forward to this for some reason.

Same. Both new consoles seem like a legitimate leap forward on paper, whereas the initial version of the PS4 felt like PS3.5, same for Xbox. The Pro/X versions are where this gen should've started but both came far too late IMO.

Almost every Xbox exclusive ends up on Windows 10 so neither for me unless the PS5 pulls out HZD 2 or something like that.

Oh that's happening, it's a matter of when not if.

I don't even play on my PS4, and never have really, but I'm still really looking forward to this for some reason.

Same. Both new consoles seem like a legitimate leap forward on paper, whereas the initial version of the PS4 felt like PS3.5, same for Xbox. The Pro/X versions are where this gen should've started but both came far too late IMO.

It's the (almost) no loading times that's the big deal for me. It's quite rare for me to have 2 hours uninterrupted TV time, so when I've only got say 30 minutes, I don't want 10 of them being stuck in a loading screen.