Favorite NUFC Goal?

Mike

Are we allowed to do this with the whole sports footage on the forum thing? :laugh:

:lol: Is that still a thing? If that's still a thing then it makes sense this thread didn't exist.

It can't just be a long range shot. s**** players sometimes tank them in from 35 yards. It has to be something Stephen Carr can only do on Fifa.

My vote goes to Ginola v Ferencvaros

With honourable mentions to:

Beardsley v Portsmouth

Mcghee v Bradford

Ben Arfa v Bolton

Albert v Man U

David Kelly v Portsmouth 1992.

Take some beating that. Sheer relief. Big step towards avoiding relegation to the old 3rd division for the 1st time in the history of the club, maybe even extinction.

It means everything to me, that goal. It can make me cry even now when I watch it. Thinking about what it meant at the time and what it allowed us to experience in the next few seasons. Also never experienced a celebration like it.

Only a goal that wins us a major trophy will come close for me.

Beardsley v Portsmouth

If it's the one I think you're referring to, I fucking love that goal. Makes 2 players go skidding past him and he barely, touches the ball.

:lol: Think I just saw that in a Beardsley compilation. Unreal.

i remember liking this more than the Bolton goal, personal opinion is it took more skill. The Bolton goal is obviously great but I can't get over the defending; it's unfathomably bad. :lol:

Tough call, but I'd have to go with Cisse's 2nd vs. Chelsea. How he managed to score from there was ridiculous :lol:

Couple of honorable mentions for Andy Cole vs. Chelsea and Beardsley dancing vs. Aston Villa

I'm not sure I can claim a favourite goal but the cisse goal against Chelsea is the only time I've just fucking shrieked after a NUFC goal. Not like a celebratory shout/scream, just a ohmylord high pitched shriek.