Player Opinions - #3 Paul Dummett

I saw this on Reddit and thought it was a decent idea.

To stop the boredom and so we have something to discuss we'll go through the squad and discuss what people think of them, in squad number order, change it every two days or so.

Starting off with #1 Martin Dubravka.

He’s class, one of two candidates for player of the season for me. He’s made a few mistakes but also been exposed far too often.Think if we put Darlow in for a few games, we’d see just how much better off we are with him.

The best signing we've ever made in our history according to that daft lass from True Faith.

He's a good keeper, probably the best signing Rafa made after Gayle and Ritchie, whose goals and assists got us promoted.

Found him extremely likeable until everything became hateful.

Guest neesy111

Agree with nut, 2nd best GK we've had in the PL after Given.  If he can get rid of his mistakes, he's better than Given in terms of the overall package of a GK (shot stopping, command of area, comfort on the ball) .  Given was a brilliant shot stopper but I thought rest of his game was average at best.

If you are going off total spells then he’s 3rd behind Kruhl & Given but as a snapshot I’d have him top of the pile.

Overall he’s the best. Kruhl maybe best shot stopper until injury. Given best 1v1. Dubravka best command of box and distribution. Can hardly fault is shot stopping but a slight blind spot for ones actually hit closer to him.

Very good keeper, has the odd mistake but mostly very reliable and must be well into the positive for unbelievable saves. Can't believe how cheap he was compared to the £75m chelsea played for that shit Kepa  :lol:

People going on about his errors should remember Shay around 2001. There was a big call start of the 2001/2 season when he’d fucked up at Chelsea and v Troyes a few days later for Harper to replace him. Bobby stuck by him and ended up in the Team of the Season. Given had an error in him too. I don’t know a single keeper who doesn’t. The mistake thing levelled at Dubravka is bizarre considering how much more he has to deal with.

Guest neesy111

People going on about his errors should remember Shay around 2001. There was a big call start of the 2001/2 season when he’d fucked up at Chelsea and v Troyes a few days later for Harper to replace him. Bobby stuck by him and ended up in the Team of the Season. Given had an error in him too. I don’t know a single keeper who doesn’t. The mistake thing levelled at Dubravka is bizarre considering how much more he has to deal with.

Remember given being dropped in 2002/03 season for the juventus game because of awful for.