Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

He is the mouth-piece of the regime. And proud of it which is pathetic for a so-called journalist especially a sports-one and as a man.

So this will be right. He will know. He will have been told.

Too much smoke. Season ticket time, bad publicity the other week - all forgotten.  Just as all the media will forget being hoodwinked by the same odious c**t that tried to rake cash in whilst risking everyone's lives.

The only thing that was different was his losing money during lockdown and football being postponed.

Reality check for those that have their concerns about the takeover/fakeover. Its something like that, or this for the rest of at least Ashley's life.

So what about legal documents signed by BOTH parties and submitted to companies house. You can’t bullshit that.

If anybody can he can. If anyone would pull out of this somehow and knowing every loophole known to man to exploit, it'd be him. Hope it is legally binding and maybe just a final sick twist on is way out.

I didn't think they'd set up monochrome aquisitions a year ago just for a scam but they did. Each one has been more elaborate than the last via the law of diminishing returns. I might have said on here that the next one would only need the i's dotted and the t's crossed and the one after that just the i's dotted.

Hope its wrong but

The Monochrome wasn’t a scam it was set up by BZG. Nothing was agreed though.  It has no relevance to this as documentation signed by both parties has now been submitted which is a legal document. It is fraud what you’re suggesting. If you really think that this is a scam then your living in cloud cuckoo land.

I've believed every other one bar Staveley #1 for about a week was a scam

worst case scenario is being rid of Ashley have been right 95% of the time on these things.

I'll believe it when its confirmed and only then.

By scam I mean Ashley not really wanting to sell and these events being of benefit to him somehow, a smokescreen for recent events in this case.

worst case scenario is being rid of Ashley have been right 95% of the time on these things.

By scam I mean Ashley not really wanting to sell and these events being of benefit to him somehow, a smokescreen for recent events in this case.

Anyone thinking this is a smokescreen are out of touch.

Ok Ashley fucked up recently, but theirs a global pandemic going on, he doesn’t need a distraction, people are worried for the health and jobs.

On top of this, what he did was quickly old news, right now people are clapping for the NHS and giving and giving an old man £17m for walking around his back garden (ok it’s a great thing and great achievement to what he’s done, but you get my point that people are easily distracted).

If he wanted to get the attention off him, he would easily just in furlough the staff at NUFC, this would likely be a lot cheaper than going through this process.

On top of this, these discussions pre-date the current global situation and his PR disasters by quite sometime.

Anyone thinking this is a smokescreen are out of touch.

Ok Ashley fucked up recently, but theirs a global pandemic going on, he doesn’t need a distraction, people are worried for the health and jobs.

On top of this, what he did was quickly old news, right now people are clapping for the NHS and giving and giving an old man £17m for walking around his back garden (ok it’s a great thing and great achievement to what he’s done, but you get my point that people are easily distracted).

If he wanted to get the attention off him, he would easily just in furlough the staff at NUFC, this would likely be a lot cheaper than going through this process.

On top of this, these discussions pre-date the current global situation and his PR disasters by quite sometime.

You not given a Mandy a ring?

In a way he has a point though.. still yet to see anything concrete regarding Pif

Jamie Redknapp has been talking with Reubens.

Why would he go on record and make a tit of himself for the sake of it.

Relax man, I'm a right sceptical bastard, but with Ashley hemorrhaging money right now its gonna go through, the guy will be desperate.

Stifleaay though, "out of touch" is the point. Martin Samuel is the "journalist" least out of touch.

Its not just that one interview, he''d been an obvious apologist and probably shill long before that for Ashley. His stance on Ashley completely contradicted his views on West Ham's owners, I believe he's a West Ham fan!?, who have been far less abysmal than Ashley. Pretty sure he's at least tacitly part of the Ashley, Wise etc clan.

That's the problem.

He is the mouth-piece of the regime. And proud of it which is pathetic for a so-called journalist especially a sports-one and as a man.

Too much smoke. Season ticket time, bad publicity the other week - all forgotten.  Just as all the media will forget being hoodwinked by the same odious c**t that tried to rake cash in whilst risking everyone's lives.

The only thing that was different was his losing money during lockdown and football being postponed.

Reality check for those that have their concerns about the takeover/fakeover. Its something like that, or this for the rest of at least Ashley's life.

So what about legal documents signed by BOTH parties and submitted to companies house. You can’t bullshit that.

I'm not clued up on all of that stuff, what is there in the documents that 100% makes it mean there's a deal for nufc going through?

I'm not clued up on all of that stuff, what is there in the documents that 100% makes it mean there's a deal for nufc going through?

The consensus is that while the documentation does not provide 100% certainty the deal will go through, it suggests very strongly that a deal has been struck, a deposit paid and the regulatory body is now making its checks.

Key part being a deal has been struck. My understanding is that the only remaining hurdles are the FA’s rubber stamp and the equally likely payment of the balance of the purchase price.

Even if the process is 100% nailed on an article like that was guaranteed to come out. We will also see an article stating that the premier league checks are stuttering/failed in the next week or so.  We will see articles on every angle from each “journalist” saying we will spend like Man City to we will continue with current structure.  All of it is just trying to get clicks. 

Just ignore it all.  Keep your fingers crossed that in 2-4 weeks it all gets signed.  Then listen to what the owners have to say about their plans.

It’s not 100% , he can pull this at any time, however a contract has been formed and a 5% deposit paid.Bit like buying a house mate, also it can fall through at any point still.

That’s the grim fact.

Even if the process is 100% nailed on an article like that was guaranteed to come out. We will also see an article stating that the premier league checks are stuttering/failed in the next week or so.  We will see articles on every angle from each “journalist” saying we will spend like Man City to we will continue with current structure.  All of it is just trying to get clicks. 

Just ignore it all.  Keep your fingers crossed that in 2-4 weeks it all gets signed.  Then listen to what the owners have to say about their plans.

Sorry replying to myself😜 here is a list of articles I expect to come out:

- premier league checks failed

- Shelvey is trying change the price due to corona

- Ashley is trying to change the price as he is a cunt

- Ashley still believes they are tire kickers

- the Saudis are still interested in Man Utd

- there are disagreements in the buyers consortium

Basically just use your imagination. All the news sites are competing for clicks so will just make shit up with no sources to get them. 

I’m not saying I expect the sale to go through or not I just don’t think what comes out in the press is any indicator of it either way. We need to wait until there are statements direct from either side.

Martin Samuel does tend to seek attention by articles that buck the trend.

This bid does look far more advanced, and the consortium of backers is different. I've said this before, but this time it looks likely to go through.

Samuel's valid point is that it shouldn't be assumed that we're going to be spending like Man City, Chelsea or PSG.

Samuel's valid point is that it shouldn't be assumed that we're going to be spending like Man City, Chelsea or PSG.

Agreed. And as nice as that would be what other teams supporters don’t seem to understand is that is not the biggest thing we want.

Look at the replies to that tweet man, I swear takeover or not theres a section of fans that literally should be led into the forrest and forgotten about.

None of them deserve what could transpire.

These will be the same people who think Bruce is a good manager who plays attacking football and would rather keep him over Rafa. Bunch of total mouth breathing morons.

There’s a section of fans who would defend anything nufc full stop regardless of what was going on. The Ashley sympathisers will show their card. People who have never been to a game in a millennia will be making a moral stand saying they’ll never set foot in the stadium again because of Saudi human rights. Even Bruce will have his sympathy voters despite him shafting Sheffield Wednesday and being part of the Ashley problem.

There’s nowt a queer as folk.

I’m celebrating the potential end of the Ashley era. He took nufc away from me for a full decade. That can’t be forgiven. If the new owners invest in us massively that’s a dream come true. But to actually compete again, to get a buzz on a match day. That’s my true hope out of all of this. It’s been too fucking long man.

Is there a summary somewhere of the new potential ownership structure?

Why is Ashley needing to lend them £150m (or whatever the number is) for a 5 year period? Is that for the non Saudi portion? That's a drop in the ocean for the wealth we are talking, makes you also wonder what kind of conditions Ashley will be attaching to that.

I'll take anything now above Ashley to roll the dice, but it's a bit fishy that we can't pay it up front given the amount of money supposedly being thrown around.

Guest neesy111

Why is Ashley needing to lend them £150m (or whatever the number is) for a 5 year period? Is that for the non Saudi portion? That's a drop in the ocean for the wealth we are talking, makes you also wonder what kind of conditions Ashley will be attaching to that.

I'll take anything now above Ashley to roll the dice, but it's a bit fishy that we can't pay it up front given the amount of money supposedly being thrown around.

Ashley is not lending them £150m for 5 years.

Just read that Martin Samuel article. To me it stinks of someone who just wants to cast a shadow of doubt in Newcadtle fans' heads as they're starting to get excited and he doesn't like it. It's basically just his opinion.

If that is the case, then it has worked with me. The fat fucking prick. Can't just let us enjoy it.

Guest godzilla

Think you need to read the summary from that lass lawyer who explains her interpretation (and seems most likely) as to what the documentation at Companies House represents.