Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Charners couldn’t oversee a takeaway delivery, let alone a multimillion pound takeover.

Strangely enough, this will probably be his next job/career.

Guest reefatoon

That's the thing with Bruce being around. Everyone including himself will just be waiting for the day he gets the bullet. Just going through the motions until he is binned off and it can start.

Complaining about retaining our manager for nine games, in the middle of a global pandemic, when we're about to be taken over by a sovereign wealth fund. :lol:

And yet, still, there's comments about 'our moronic fans'. :lol:

yeah i made them, because he's fucking shite and swathes of our fans think he's in some way not unfit to lace rafa's loafers, they're fucking morons

i think it'll all be moot anyways, season cancelled and he'll be chucked right in the bin where he deserves to be

Complaining about retaining our manager for nine games, in the middle of a global pandemic, when we're about to be taken over by a sovereign wealth fund. :lol:

yeah i made them, because he's fucking shite and swathes of our fans think he's in some way not unfit to lace rafa's loafers, they're fucking morons

i think it'll all be moot anyways, season cancelled and he'll be chucked right in the bin where he deserves to be

Surely the points many people are making are:

- We aren't going to get relegated (I know some people disagree but we are 8 points clear with 10 or so games left, it isn't happening).

- The right manager might not be available when the takeover completes, and even Rafa will be significantly cheaper in 6 months time on the basis of his contract.

- Any sensible owner would sit down and take stock of everything before deciding which manager is best to take the club forward / which manager is even available at the end of the season.

- The world is currently turned upside down and there'll be a huge amount of stuff to look at before even thinking about appointing a new manager.

In light of the above taking time to take stock and evaluate everything while Bruce sees out the rest of the season to no great alarm makes sense.

It would be [financially] moronic to hire the world's most expensive manager when you don't know how long you'll be paying his wage, before he can start.

Just limp through to the end of the season and wipe the slate clean with a new manager and owners, for whenever pre season starts.

I don't see the benefit of changing the manager straight away, when we can't buy any new players and we can't even do any training right now.

its hard as any new coach/manager cannot meet the players as such as the minute, cannot train with them, coach them etc in a conventional sense so in a weird way sticking with someone who has spent time with the players makes sense.

I still want him gone now though, if in this down time they know who they want and he is available then get him on board now hopefully they will put a mini preseason before the restart of the season for a new manager/coach to do some full sessions with the squad.

My suspicion (pure guess work) is that they will keep Bruce until the end of the season but they may immediately appoint a Director of Football.  The DoF would be someone already approved by whomever they are planning to hire as the new manager and the DoF can spend the remainder of the season laying the groundwork for the new manager.

Breaking news on Sky - contracts exchanged and deposit paid, only fit and proper test to go. Not sure it's new news but they're yellow barring it.

To be honest I always tend to feel a bit better once it's in sky sports for some reason.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this completes and then two weeks later Ryder tweets about 'nearing the end of the Ashley era according to our sources'.

Also, whenever I've listened to him Douglas regularly gives it the big'un about Ryder being on the ball and having great sources and yet this has had breaking news journos from the Wall Street Journal, Telegraph and Eurosport. Not exactly local competitors.

The NCJ rags are now basically news recepticles/recyclers for clicks. Nothing original, barely any informed opinion and they contributed fuck all in ridding us of Ashley.

I hope they go under and Ryder can get on with what he should be doing. Serving tea and pasties to old ladies down the royal quays.