Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Premier league really could do with deciding to calm this whole thing down.

Yep, it’s never going to fail, so they just need to get it done and out there now

and a little more of my faith in humanity is destroyed. Christ if its like this now and morons seem so willing to defend Saudi fucking Arabia what will it be like if we win something

Thats part of the point though isnt it. No doubt some City fans defend Abu Dhabi outright. No matter how many trophies we win, I hope we never lose sight of what they're truly about.

Premier League should get it done with quickly so people just have to have to start living with the new normal.

Hope I get a nice birthday present for tomorrow. Honestly would be the best ever. Would feel better than Christmas

I was under the impression that the Fit and Proper persons test was a financial test to check that the individuals are who they say they are financially? Its not a morality test, so I'm not sure if they'd have grounds to block it using a fit and proper persons test.

I'm confident it'll go through and im never confident with NUFC.

I was under the impression that the Fit and Proper persons test was a financial test to check that the individuals are who they say they are financially? Its not a morality test, so I'm not sure if they'd have grounds to block it using a fit and proper persons test.

I'm confident it'll go through and im never confident with NUFC.

You'd also like to think that if it hasn't been rejected yet then it probably won't be. I mean it's not like they don't know who they're dealing with, they're not going to go through the criteria and then look into other stuff at a later date. Saying no to them now means they'll never be able to say yes again in the future. Almost certain it'll go through too.

Guest godzilla

Thank god, Chris Mort was the one who brought in the structure that included Dennis Wise ffs.

He was also implicated in the Keegan court case.

Guest neesy111

Thank god, Chris Mort was the one who brought in the structure that included Dennis Wise ffs.

I thought that was Llambias?

No, Llambias came in the summer in 2008.  Wise was in place just after Keegan returned in January 2008.  Llambias got the blame for a lot of stuff he wasn't responsible for.

“Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager."

Christ, so he was in on it. Well fuck him then, more than happy to put a structure in place that would fuck us, didn’t have the backbone to take the flack from it obviously.

I thought that was Llambias?

I thought this as well, although Mort could have put all of that in place on his way out.

Absolutely vile, although as pointed out the Saudi state is also not above creating spamloads of twitter accounts to harass critics etc.  Our lovely new owners at work.

not to defend SA but hell the Barca board have been accused of that to attack the players or something

Well yeah and it's hardly even in top 10 worst thing they've done  :lol:

I don't know why some fans think criticising the owners of the club whom you've had no say in is impossible. Have they been running around advertising sports direct to their mates? I feel uneasy about it, but nor do I feel culpable for them being there so might as well enjoy my club for a bit while promoting some sanity being restored to the league as a whole where no club is a billionaire plaything and instead about the community. Or maybe i should put Saudi Arabian flags in twitter and go and slag off someones widow I guess?

One of the tweets From that kate Andrews.

Guys, I'm from London and don't even know much about football. But I know the people of #Newcastle are kind, friendly and long-suffering. They've a proud history but have been ignored by Westminster for years.

I'm getting BALLISTIC about how they're being treated Angry faceFlag of Saudi ArabiaFlag of United Kingdom

#NUFC

Pretty much confirmed fake account then

There is something very insidious and disturbing about the Saudi government slagging off the wife of a man they murdered while pretending to be Newcastle fans, while also trying to create a divide and siege mentality between us and the rest of the country.

Guest The Little Waster

One of the tweets From that kate Andrews.

Guys, I'm from London and don't even know much about football. But I know the people of #Newcastle are kind, friendly and long-suffering. They've a proud history but have been ignored by Westminster for years.

I'm getting BALLISTIC about how they're being treated Angry faceFlag of Saudi ArabiaFlag of United Kingdom

#NUFC

Pretty much confirmed fake account then

There is something very insidious and disturbing about the Saudi government slagging off the wife of a man they murdered while pretending to be Newcastle fans, while also trying to create a divide and siege mentality between us and the rest of the country.

Whoa there ! Wheres your proof its the Saudi government ?

Guest godzilla

4 days, 4 letters. Feels inevitable which way this is going.

As stated before unless there is definitive proof which goes against the fit and proper text, then they cannot knock back the takeover; without facing a massive lawsuit.

“Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager."

Christ, so he was in on it. Well fuck him then, more than happy to put a structure in place that would fuck us, didn’t have the backbone to take the flack from it obviously.

Mort was a witness for Ashley and the club in the tribunal against Keegan

Though in his book Keegan did say he felt sorry for Mort and thought he was a decent guy