Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Just had a look in the success at any cost thread, quickly exited it’s like a parallel universe. I get some people have strong views on saudi’s, but the type casting of our support who back this takeover, you would think we are all thickos who need educating.

Every person I speak to is buzzing for this takeover. Actually feel kind of sorry for some of these fans who probably were desperate to get rid of Ashley, but can’t enjoy this due to their strong feelings.

But like I say yet to meet any of these types in my every day life !

Counting down the minutes to cracking open those #cans

Don't feel I need educated but when this was all announced I'll admit I got pretty excited by it all, started thinking up wild s*** that could be our reality now!

But then you think about it more, and think about the links we may have to such a f***ing abhorrent state and it's definitely not something any fan can possibly want, regardless of the wealth etc.

I wish I could be cut and dry with the matter like yourself and others you met, but it does sit a little uneasy on me. Problem is, I don't practice this in every single aspect of life and thus I feel really hypocritical :idiot2:

My justification is pretty simplistic if this country is prepared to accept 60 billion of Saudi investment, why should we feel duty bound to make a stand regarding this.

It’s the modern world unfortunately why should we suffer more pain just keep Gary Kasparov and co sleeping easy at night.

Like I say maybe simplistic and uneducated, but I’d guess it’s the majority of fans view on this.

You don’t have to accept that either.

Guest awaymag

Just had a look in the success at any cost thread, quickly exited it’s like a parallel universe. I get some people have strong views on saudi’s, but the type casting of our support who back this takeover, you would think we are all thickos who need educating.

Every person I speak to is buzzing for this takeover. Actually feel kind of sorry for some of these fans who probably were desperate to get rid of Ashley, but can’t enjoy this due to their strong feelings.

Don't feel I need educated but when this was all announced I'll admit I got pretty excited by it all, started thinking up wild s*** that could be our reality now!

But then you think about it more, and think about the links we may have to such a f***ing abhorrent state and it's definitely not something any fan can possibly want, regardless of the wealth etc.

I wish I could be cut and dry with the matter like yourself and others you met, but it does sit a little uneasy on me. Problem is, I don't practice this in every single aspect of life and thus I feel really hypocritical :idiot2:

My justification is pretty simplistic if this country is prepared to accept 60 billion of Saudi investment, why should we feel duty bound to make a stand regarding this.

It’s the modern world unfortunately why should we suffer more pain just keep Gary Kasparov and co sleeping easy at night.

Like I say maybe simplistic and uneducated, but I’d guess it’s the majority of fans view on this.

I have no qualms with the saudis taking 80% stake in NUFC.  Don't agree with the things they do at all but as was shown with Ashley.....the average Joe can't do anything if the political will isnt there.    NUFC fans have spent the last 13 years protesting against Ashley and the mainstream media basically called us demanding, unreasonable, know your place geordies.  Now the same mainstream media want us to protest because they don't like it.  Well media, Im just a demanding, unreasonable, know your place geordie, so I aint going to do anything except enjoy watching the toon play, if this takeover happens.

I'll leave the politics to the politicians!    Howay the Lads!

Guest The Little Waster

? We should protest Saudi investment of £60 Billion ? Aye , reet

I don’t care what you do, but it’s incorrect to conclude that you *have to* simply roll over and accept Saudi investment as either an inevitably or a positive thing if you’re morally opposed to it.

I already have bring on the # cans

Guest The Little Waster

I don’t care what you do, but it’s incorrect to conclude that you *have to* simply roll over and accept Saudi investment as either an inevitably or a positive thing if you’re morally opposed to it.

So you would protest £60 Billion investment in Britain because it comes from the Saudis yes or no ?

Pretty much everyone is a hypocrite in how they go about aspects of their life. It's nothing new - and will be the case here for many.

It will be for me for sure. I'll be overjoyed at the end Mike Ashley's disastrous tenure, I'll be excited about us becoming a proper football club again, one that will attempt to be the best it can be. I'll be at St. James' Park, I'll celebrate when we win. I'm going to enjoy the football again. I'll judge Newcastle United on what Newcastle United does.

But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia.

I know why they are investing in our club. It's a little uneasy, but we don't chose our owners. We didn't chose Mike Ashley. We don't have a say really. We're certainly not a fan base that can unite in any way against anything - hell if we can't unite against how Ashley has ran the club god help us. No one tells Newcastle fans what to do when it comes to going to the match do they.

I'll be uneasy about it. I'll have underlying concerns about Saudi Arabia and their human rights record but it will not dominate my mind and I will do very little about it (as is now). Supporting Newcastle United will not be a political alliance with Saudi Arabia. We support the football club not the owners.

I'll be a hypocrite. But that's normal. It's normal in every day life in many situations. Very very few people live a perfect absolutely life given the way the global economy works.

But I'll support my team with my eyes wide open. The worst thing about this so far has been the glorification of Saudi Arabia, the whitewashing of any concerns around their track record as a country. The abuse of Hatice Cengiz, and of Amnesty International and other human rights NGOs. It really isn't a good luck. It's f***ing embarrassing in fact.

This is strange, and everyone should make their own decision. That's mine, made with my eyes wide open. I'm a hypocrite. I'm comfortable with that.

So you would protest £60 Billion investment in Britain because it comes from the Saudis yes or no ?

No, I wouldn’t. But I’m also not a citizen of the UK and don’t live there.

You’re also still missing the point.

Pretty much everyone is a hypocrite in how they go about aspects of their life. It's nothing new - and will be the case here for many.

It will be for me for sure. I'll be overjoyed at the end Mike Ashley's disastrous tenure, I'll be excited about us becoming a proper football club again, one that will attempt to be the best it can be. I'll be at St. James' Park, I'll celebrate when we win. I'm going to enjoy the football again. I'll judge Newcastle United on what Newcastle United does.

But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia.

I know what why they are investing in our club. It's a little uneasy, but we don't chose our owners. We didn't chose Mike Ashley. We don't have a say really. We're certainly not a fan base that can unite in any way against anything - hell if we can't unite against how Ashley has ran the club god help us. No one tells Newcastle fans what to do when it comes to going to the match do they.

I'll be uneasy about it. I'll have underlying concerns about Saudi Arabia and their human rights record but it will not dominate my mind and I will do very little about it (as is now). Supporting Newcastle United will not be a political alliance with Saudi Arabia. We support the football club not the owners.

I'll be a hypocrite. But that's normal. It's normal in every day life in many situations. Very very few people live a perfect absolutely life given the way the global economy works.

But I'll support my team with my eyes wide open. The worst thing about this so far has been the glorification of Saudi Arabia, the whitewashing of any concerns around their track record as a country. The abuse of Hatice Cengiz, and of Amnesty International and other human rights NGOs. It really isn't a good luck. It's f***ing embarrassing in fact.

This is strange, and everyone should make their own decision. That's mine, made with my eyes wide open. I'm a hypocrite. I'm comfortable with that.

Well fucking said!

Guest The Little Waster

No, I wouldn’t. But I’m also not a citizen of the UK and don’t live there.

You’re also still missing the point.

And your point is ?

I know why they are investing in our club. It's a little uneasy, but we don't chose our owners. We didn't chose Mike Ashley. We don't have a say really. We're certainly not a fan base that can unite in any way against anything - hell if we can't unite against how Ashley has ran the club god help us. No one tells Newcastle fans what to do when it comes to going to the match do they.

Pretty much expanded on what I said and I wholeheartedly agree with this.

I'm under no illusions that we are going to get pelters from all and sundry from now till , well forever.

Good post, Greeg.

Guest alijmitchell

Well I'm going back if it happens - I can't pretend like I'm not excited for it. I'm also not against those who have objections, but I also feel like we live in an entire world where contradictions and moral dilemmas exist within the capitalist system...so the ownership of NUFC isn't something I'm going to weigh more heavily than many other aspects of my life in which my hypocrisy is so clear...For a start, every time I use amazon, uber, Facebook, instagram (Avoiding taxes, contributing to massive inequality, facilitating huge mental health problems in young people, promoting unhealthy body image, supporting extremists, data mining, modern slavery etc. etc). I'm not saying they're equivalent, but also very insidious organisations that I've turned a blind eye to in order to 'survive' in our current system. In short the system makes hypocrites of us all and I have to live with that and will do with NUFC. So on the basis of the fact that I might start seeing my football club trying to win things again, I'm back in. It's a football decision for me.

Guest alijmitchell

I know what why they are investing in our club. It's a little uneasy, but we don't chose our owners. We didn't chose Mike Ashley. We don't have a say really. We're certainly not a fan base that can unite in any way against anything - hell if we can't unite against how Ashley has ran the club god help us. No one tells Newcastle fans what to do when it comes to going to the match do they.

Well fucking said!

Feel exactly the same (as posted). Well said!

Guest The Little Waster

" But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia. "

If fans do that its probably with the best of intentions , most people are not political really . To call fans who might stick a tea towel on their heads cunts says more about you quite frankly than it does them

" But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia. "

If fans do that its probably with the best of intentions , most people are not political really . To call fans who might stick a tea towel on their heads c***s says more about you quite frankly than it does them

It says they are uneducated and do not understand the issues at hand.

I think a lot of our fans will fall into that category.

I cant wait just to get rid of everything to do with MA .

I agree with Greg in that I wont promote the Saudis but fuck me after 13 years away from the club I want to feel that passion again I once had.

I've been to a few games dont get me wrong but the feel around the place is nothing like what I grew up with, I remember the queues when Keegan came, I remember Micky Quinns debut scoring 4, I remember being at Leicester when we stayed up, I remember being at Anfield amongst 10-12 thousand Geordies on a night time FA cup tie singing we'll be back again next year, I remember Barca at home , I remember being at Blackburn when Fenton broke my heart.

I just want the feeling that NUFC made me feel in those times , the Saudis will be who they are but I believe they want to change a bit but I'm not going to fret about it, it's my life and I will choose to have that passion back above all else.

Cant wait.

If fans do that its probably with the best of intentions , most people are not political really . To call fans who might stick a tea towel on their heads cunts says more about you quite frankly than it does them

*knuckle-dragging morons

If fans do that its probably with the best of intentions , most people are not political really . To call fans who might stick a tea towel on their heads c***s says more about you quite frankly than it does them

It says they are uneducated and do not understand the issues at hand.

I think a lot of our fans will fall into that category.

To be fair, I don't think it's just our fans that fall into that category. There's a large percentage of the UK population that are as thick as pig shit.

Guest The Little Waster

Why? It's inherently cuntish. They would be cunts for doing it. You have a nerve like, weren't most of your previous posts calling our fans worse than shit?

Only in your opinion ...

I called fans morons for doing something only morons would do ... keep buying season tickets under Ashley and accelerating the destruction of their own club .

Somebody sticking a fucking tea towel on their head is neither here nor there as regards the club or Saudi Arabia and if you can't see that then you need help ( imo : )