Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

" But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia. "

If fans do that its probably with the best of intentions , most people are not political really . To call fans who might stick a tea towel on their heads c***s says more about you quite frankly than it does them

It says they are uneducated and do not understand the issues at hand.

I think a lot of our fans will fall into that category.

To be fair, I don't think it's just our fans that fall into that category. There's a large percentage of the UK population that are as thick as pig s***.

Absolutely. Not unique here.

Pretty much everyone is a hypocrite in how they go about aspects of their life. It's nothing new - and will be the case here for many.

It will be for me for sure. I'll be overjoyed at the end Mike Ashley's disastrous tenure, I'll be excited about us becoming a proper football club again, one that will attempt to be the best it can be. I'll be at St. James' Park, I'll celebrate when we win. I'm going to enjoy the football again. I'll judge Newcastle United on what Newcastle United does.

But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia.

I know why they are investing in our club. It's a little uneasy, but we don't chose our owners. We didn't chose Mike Ashley. We don't have a say really. We're certainly not a fan base that can unite in any way against anything - hell if we can't unite against how Ashley has ran the club god help us. No one tells Newcastle fans what to do when it comes to going to the match do they.

I'll be uneasy about it. I'll have underlying concerns about Saudi Arabia and their human rights record but it will not dominate my mind and I will do very little about it (as is now). Supporting Newcastle United will not be a political alliance with Saudi Arabia. We support the football club not the owners.

I'll be a hypocrite. But that's normal. It's normal in every day life in many situations. Very very few people live a perfect absolutely life given the way the global economy works.

But I'll support my team with my eyes wide open. The worst thing about this so far has been the glorification of Saudi Arabia, the whitewashing of any concerns around their track record as a country. The abuse of Hatice Cengiz, and of Amnesty International and other human rights NGOs. It really isn't a good luck. It's f***ing embarrassing in fact.

This is strange, and everyone should make their own decision. That's mine, made with my eyes wide open. I'm a hypocrite. I'm comfortable with that.

Great post I think it will help a lot of people with their thoughts and decisions

Question for you Greg,

"I'll judge Newcastle United on what Newcastle United does." and "We support the football club not the owners"

Can you see a set of circumstances where it would be impossible to separate the owners from the football club and you would have to stop supporting the football club because of the owners? 

Guest The Little Waster

" But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia. "

If fans do that its probably with the best of intentions , most people are not political really . To call fans who might stick a tea towel on their heads c***s says more about you quite frankly than it does them

It says if anything that they are not political .

Why? It's inherently cuntish. They would be c***s for doing it. You have a nerve like, weren't most of your previous posts calling our fans worse than s***?

Only in your opinion ...

I called fans morons for doing something only morons would do ... keep buying season tickets under Ashley and accelerating the destruction of their own club .

Somebody sticking a f***ing tea towel on their head is neither here nor there as regards the club or Saudi Arabia and if you can't see that then you need help ( imo : )

This is a pretty absurd view. Still going to the match under Ashley - a moron. Glorifying Saudi Arabia - fine.

Guest The Little Waster

To be fair, I don't think it's just our fans that fall into that category. There's a large percentage of the UK population that are as thick as pig s***.

Absolutely. Not unique here.

Oh here we go , anyone that might disagree with you and your clique is somehow as thick as pig shit ...

Catch yaself on bonny lad

Pretty much everyone is a hypocrite in how they go about aspects of their life. It's nothing new - and will be the case here for many.

It will be for me for sure. I'll be overjoyed at the end Mike Ashley's disastrous tenure, I'll be excited about us becoming a proper football club again, one that will attempt to be the best it can be. I'll be at St. James' Park, I'll celebrate when we win. I'm going to enjoy the football again. I'll judge Newcastle United on what Newcastle United does.

But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia.

I know why they are investing in our club. It's a little uneasy, but we don't chose our owners. We didn't chose Mike Ashley. We don't have a say really. We're certainly not a fan base that can unite in any way against anything - hell if we can't unite against how Ashley has ran the club god help us. No one tells Newcastle fans what to do when it comes to going to the match do they.

I'll be uneasy about it. I'll have underlying concerns about Saudi Arabia and their human rights record but it will not dominate my mind and I will do very little about it (as is now). Supporting Newcastle United will not be a political alliance with Saudi Arabia. We support the football club not the owners.

I'll be a hypocrite. But that's normal. It's normal in every day life in many situations. Very very few people live a perfect absolutely life given the way the global economy works.

But I'll support my team with my eyes wide open. The worst thing about this so far has been the glorification of Saudi Arabia, the whitewashing of any concerns around their track record as a country. The abuse of Hatice Cengiz, and of Amnesty International and other human rights NGOs. It really isn't a good luck. It's f***ing embarrassing in fact.

This is strange, and everyone should make their own decision. That's mine, made with my eyes wide open. I'm a hypocrite. I'm comfortable with that.

Great post I think it will help a lot of people with their thoughts and decisions

Question for you Greg,

"I'll judge Newcastle United on what Newcastle United does." and "We support the football club not the owners"

Can you see a set of circumstances where it would be impossible to separate the owners from the football club and you would have to stop supporting the football club because of the owners?

I mean didn’t we just literally have that with Ashley? A lot of people didn’t support us under him, me and plenty others on here

I walked away as I couldnt endorse what he was doing to my football club not what he was doing at Shirebrook

Guest The Little Waster

Why? It's inherently cuntish. They would be c***s for doing it. You have a nerve like, weren't most of your previous posts calling our fans worse than s***?

Only in your opinion ...

I called fans morons for doing something only morons would do ... keep buying season tickets under Ashley and accelerating the destruction of their own club .

Somebody sticking a f***ing tea towel on their head is neither here nor there as regards the club or Saudi Arabia and if you can't see that then you need help ( imo : )

This is a pretty absurd view. Still going to the match under Ashley - a moron. Glorifying Saudi Arabia - fine.

Thats my point , sticking a tea towel on yr head isnt glorifying Saudi Arabia and to claim it is says more about how out of whack your brain is than anything else

Question for you Greg,

I'm pretty much in an identical boat to Greg. Honestly I will see. If we see investment come properly in teh club and the area I will still not think they are nice people but I can't begrudge newcastle and it's fans the sucecss and the investment that will bring. It wouldn't be the first investment in teh area to come with dodgy connections. Again, we have no voice in this, no fan does and that is utterly absurd. The sin is not with newcastle fans, it is with how clubs are run and allowed to be run and the money that is needed to compete. I also don't really think it has to work this sportswashing, I don't think owning NUFC will make Saudi Arabia look much better to be honest apart from to some cretins in the fanbase. If I think it is working I guess may turn me totally against it.

I also know everyones excited cos they have a lot of money, but noone really knows how much they are actually going to invest. Talk of them being richer than all other clubs in league combined is all well and good but that's all their money for all their investing, not just for us. I don't mean to party poop, cos they say they want us to compete, but they still could be terribly incompetant, plaster adverts everywhere and run is into the ground...just saying...

Question for you Greg,

It's possible. But I don't know what that threshold is at this point in time.

Only in your opinion ...

Thats my point , sticking a tea towel on yr head isnt glorifying Saudi Arabia and to claim it is says more about how out of whack your brain is than anything else

It is though? Of course it is?

What else is it other than glorifying our new owners based on where they are from and how they dress?

Only in your opinion ...

:no:

Guest The Little Waster

Only in your opinion ...

I’d say it was way more moronic to stick a tea towel on your head than just buy tickets for a match. You can’t act all high and mighty now when you’ve been calling fans all sorts for ages

Lol cost of sticking tea towel on head - 0 pence , cost of season ticket £600 ( approximated ) do me a favour and grow up and get real

The club isn't sold and until it is what is the point of the back an forth - IF it is sold to 80% PIF then put your line in the sand - go or don't go - protest or don't protest - that is our right as UK citizens - at the moment we are tearing into each other over a proposed takeover - we know nothing of their mission statement - it may be refreshing and include aspects of NE regeneration and may perhaps lead to a reduction in their human rights abuses - but atm we simply don't know. What I do know is that the last 13 yrs of Ashley have ground my club into the dust and I no longer care if it wins or loses - the future is uncertain - aye - the prospective owners are associated with a medieval regime but their ownership of NUFC could be a catalyst for change. If not let the protests start.   

Guest The Little Waster

Only in your opinion ...

It is though? Of course it is?

What else is it other than glorifying our new owners based on where they are from and how they dress?

Its called having a drink and having a laugh , it has no more meaning than that and if you think it does you need yr bumps felt . Fuck , whats next ? Fans eat shawarma before match = glorifying the crimes of the Saudi state ? Grow up ffs

Bit off to class a lot of our fans as uneducated.

Think the majority fully understand the history is Saudi, however when the government and royal’s are happy to associate with them, I again stand by my stance why should we be asked to condemn them.

We may have a few nuggets who take things a bit far, but to generalise the majority as uneducated is a tad condescending.

Saudi Arabia has a population of 34 million, they aren't all involved in what happens in Yemen or getting rid of journalists, so people wearing tea towels isn't a big deal

Defending the SA regime and attacking Hatice Cengiz is just wrong though

Guest The Little Waster

Bit off to class a lot of our fans as uneducated.

Think the majority fully understand the history is Saudi, however when the government and royal’s are happy to associate with them, I again stand by my stance why should we be asked to condemn them.

We may have a few nuggets who take things a bit far, but to generalise the majority as uneducated is a tad condescending.

Its the forum Taliban pay them no heed

Guest The Little Waster

Saudi Arabia has a population of 34 million, they aren't all involved in what happens in Yemen or getting rid of journalists, so people wearing tea towels isn't a big deal

Defending the SA regime and attacking Hatice Cengiz is just wrong though

This 👍👍👍

So people are wearing tea towels to support ordinary working Saudis?

Well no but it's not as complex as people defending the actions of the regime

Potential new owners = from Saudi Arabia = common item of clothing from that country

If the Moroccan government bought us then we'd see people wearing a Fez

Reading more into it and turning it political is absurd