Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

To change subject somewhat, I'd be well up for a former player to be involved at a higher level.

What. :lol: What a weird link. He's still in the area though so plausible that Staveley has contacted him.

You don't hoy a £17m deposit on something that isn't legally binding :lol: here fat boy, I trust you to do the right thing, especially after the last takeover attempt.

Ashley can't pull the plug at this point, not unless there is a legally binding timeframe for completion. There's definitely been a few bumps in the road with regards to external issues raised, human rights issues and piracy issues, but the former doesn't come into question during these tests and the latter sounds like a past issue that is being rectified. It's only natural based on previous failed attempts to be worried the longer it goes on, but rational thought says these are unprecedented times and certain things take a little longer than they would usually.

There is a slim chance that this doesn't go through, of course, nothing is for certain, however what would need to transpire at this point is very doubtful, the buyers are all in at this point.

I'm fairly sure, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the deposit works like this:

Pay deposit.

Buyers back out = They lose the deposit.

Seller backs out = He has to repay the deposit.

To change subject somewhat, I'd be well up for a former player to be involved at a higher level.

What. :lol: What a weird link. He's still in the area though so plausible that Staveley has contacted him.

Yeah, it fits in with Staveley connecting with the NUFC community. I'm not sure how serious the link is mind. I suspect the Chronicle will have links to Dabizas though.

Pay deposit.

I'm guessing that would depend on what was written into the official bid/contracts. At the bare minimum that would be the case.

I'd be shocked if it was anything else. Ashley looks after number 1. He would leave himself an out, but that process would be a waste of time, money and uncertainty for himself so I cant see it.

Guest godzilla

I'd be shocked if it was anything else. Ashley looks after number 1. He would leave himself an out, but that process would be a waste of time, money and uncertainty for himself so I cant see it.

Looking at the legal aspect of a home purchase (I know not exactly the same) the seller would probably face a lawsuit if he backed out. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't tied up within the contract after last time with Staveley and Ashley.

'If the seller has accepted the offer on their home, they are obligated to perform if the buyer fulfills their obligations. However, if the buyer can't meet contingencies (such as appraisal or lending), the seller may get out the contract unscathed. If the buyer holds up their end and the seller doesn't, they're in breach of contract and would be liable for damages, according to the terms of the contract.'

Son plays up here still I think? Has experience as a DoF. Would be interesting.

Looking at the legal aspect of a home purchase (I know not exactly the same) the seller would probably face a lawsuit if he backed out. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't tied up within the contract after last time with Staveley and Ashley.

'If the seller has accepted the offer on their home, they are obligated to perform if the buyer fulfills their obligations. However, if the buyer can't meet contingencies (such as appraisal or lending), the seller may get out the contract unscathed. If the buyer holds up their end and the seller doesn't, they're in breach of contract and would be liable for damages, according to the terms of the contract.'

That makes sense. So if they failed the checks, they could potentially get their deposit back but if they just had a change of heart, they wouldnt.

Also, yes I suspect that Ashley would face a lawsuit even if he repaid a deposit, because Staveley and co would have spent a fortune on lawyers, solicitors etc just on the PL checks.

Sounds a fairly watertight deal, to me anyway.  :lol:

It would be so Newcastle United to announce the sale is complete on a weekend when people least expect it.

It would be more Newcastle United to announce the sale was off on a weekend when people least expect it.

This. The most Newcastle United thing would be for Ashley to announce he is staying.

Leaving us all looking like the biggest fools in world football.

The only way he is staying is if the Premier League knock the takeover back or if the remaining amount is not paid into his account. He would be facing a massive lawsuit if he 'announced' he is staying when a legal agreement is in place.

OK I'll entertain you..show me actual evidence that a legal agreement for the sale is in place that he can't back out of. The document uploaded to companies house does not prove a sale is agreed with no way for him to back out. We are led to believe he can't back out by the same press that has led us to believe he has been about to sell for 12 years. But I haven't seen irrefutable proof of this, and neither have you.

What proof can we possibly provide? The actual SPA documentation showing Mike Ashley cannot pull out?

Russel's teapot here - the burden of proof is on you.

:lol:

After failed takeover after failed takeover, it would be reasonable to wait for irrefutable proof before declaring that we are sold.

I also haven't stated that there Ashley can back out, just that it would be sensible to wait and see how this all plays out. It's Godzilla who is convinced of something he can't prove...reminds me of BZG last year now come to think of it.

The fact is none of us know whether it's legally binding for Ashley to be forced to sell or not.

But oh no...

Yes, and I'm asking what proof do you want?

The PL have already confirmed that this is being reviewed by them, so we now know an SPA has been agreed - it would not get to the PL had this not been in place. That is a fact.

What are you implying with that in bold then?

BZG didnt get to the PL stage. The PL openly denied it.

The PL used the word "putative", so no they didn't confirm anything.

Show me where the PL stated BZG didn't get to owners and directors tests? They didn't get that far, but the pl never "openly denied it".

FWIW I'M not saying this isn't going to happen, just waiting for proof rather than getting carried away (as has happened repeatedly in the past).

And I'm implying with the bit in bold, that we have no guarantee Ashley is locked into a sale. We are trusting Staveley's word for this (via Caulkin).

I accept you don't want to hear all this, but we are not sold yet, and we don't know if Ashley can back out of the sale.

Christ

Pay deposit.

I'm guessing that would depend on what was written into the official bid/contracts. At the bare minimum that would be the case.

Pretty sure when this all broke, lawyers and journalists confirmed that he can’t pull out, there is literally nothing he can do to stop the deal. The only thing that can stop it is the checks and them not paying the money.

Pay deposit.

Pretty sure when this all broke, lawyers and journalists confirmed that he can’t pull out, there is literally nothing he can do to stop the deal. The only thing that can stop it is the checks and them not paying the money.

Yeah, that's what I remember being said too.

It's happening, its just half of the forum have the collective composure of a 12 year old school girl.

So there is not even a 0.001% chance that it could fall through? OK then.

This is exceedingly tedious.

Yes it's exceedingly tedious that you get jumped on for daring to suggest this isn't all done and dusted already.

Most of y’all need to log off and do something else for a few days.

For the panicers. It's been said before but the Saudi minister of Sport and MBS' half brother now follow the official NUFC Twitter account. These are verified accounts, why would they do that all of a sudden? Would these people risk embarrassment by doing this and getting egg over their face by the sale falling through? The fact that they are following NUFC suggests this is going to get done.

This is the big one for me, I can't look past these as the important indicators which we haven't seen before

‘It’s got everything you need. I think Newcastle has got everything in place to be one of those very, very top clubs on world football.’ - SPFL founding CEO Roger Mitchell.

https://spreaker.com/user/12250300/tottenham-turn-off-transfer-tap

From Duncan Castles.

Even some of our own fans seem to have trouble seeing this, but he is absolutely right. :thup:

which is so sad to see posts from the fan these days.

If I was King until this is sorted out, I'd make the following words on this forum illegal and subject to the penalty of having to wear a Scumberland shirt for a month:

I think...

I feel

I've heard

It will happen next....week/day/Thursday etc

In The Know

Some random twitter account says........

Let's get it right. This is (potentially) a £300 Million plus takeover involving Mike Ashley. Such high or low profile business buyouts or takeover are not, repeat not, discussed by buyers, sellers or their contacts on Twitter, Fucking Facebook or any other social media. IF it happens, it will be announced when both parties are ready. Until then

? Chill.