Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It'll happen this week imo, things are going to be going slower because of the lockdown etc.

What ”things” are going to be going slower?

I think the PL's priority is getting the season restarted and any background checks etc are going to take longer.

Staveley was told the PRL test could take up to 4 weeks. We are now in the fourth week. You think the takeover will happen this week. And that doesn’t include ”a few days” to transfer the money from the buyer to the seller. So basically it’s not going slower because of the lockdown.

It won't all be in PL hands though will it. They'll have to apply to police or whoever to confirm they're not crime, apply to whoever else to verify they're not and have never been banko. Banks will presumably need to verify funds and so on.

It's entirely likely that the current circumstances will make that s*** take much longer than normal.

You are missing the point. If the test ”could take up to 4 weeks” and you think the takeover will be completed in 4 weeks, what is slowing it down then? Nothing as it was expected to take up to 4 weeks.

Perhaps the 4 weeks thing refers to normal circumstances. Maybe they thought it would be when they started but things have moved slower due to the lockdown. Who the fuck knows, but it's mental to think the lockdown won't be having an effect.

I wonder how it will be announced.  Will it be leaked first when it will be announce or will we just be on this thread arguing and talking bollocks then and Article of nufc.co.uk appears.

They'll call Steve Wraith and ask him if its OK for him to announce it.

It'll happen this week imo, things are going to be going slower because of the lockdown etc.

I think the PL's priority is getting the season restarted and any background checks etc are going to take longer.

Staveley was told the PRL test could take up to 4 weeks. We are now in the fourth week. You think the takeover will happen this week. And that doesn’t include ”a few days” to transfer the money from the buyer to the seller. So basically it’s not going slower because of the lockdown.

It won't all be in PL hands though will it. They'll have to apply to police or whoever to confirm they're not crime, apply to whoever else to verify they're not and have never been banko. Banks will presumably need to verify funds and so on.

It's entirely likely that the current circumstances will make that shit take much longer than normal.

Has a Saudi prince, Amanda Staveley, the billionaire Reuben brothers or the public investment fund of the state of Saudi Arabia ever been bankrupt should be a pretty fucking easy question to answer.

It's the influence over Sheffield United that is the only possible stumbling block. If they were to fail on that point I'd expect that Sheffield United's ownership would change very soon after and then they'd come back in for us.

Not sure how it works... But I'm not sure they'll say 'a company in Saudi arabia' will have any influence over Sheff United.  We all know who is in charge, but on paper is it actually the Saudi Prince who is being looked into?

I hope so, but the chairman of that company in Saudi Arabia is related to the owner of Sheffield United and could have him arbitrarily imprisoned / tortured / executed at the drop of a hat. If that isn't influence I don't know what is.

I wonder how it will be announced.  Will it be leaked first when it will be announce or will we just be on this thread arguing and talking bollocks then and Article of nufc.co.uk appears.

It will be leaked but no pomp

As soon as the deposit was made I heard from a mate who has a contact high up in club hierarchy (no bullshit) that said Expected completion would be the middle of May. People getting bent out of shape for nothing here. It’s all on target

Wasn't aware we had a 'club hierarchy', isn't it just Lee, Steve & the tea lady?

As soon as the deposit was made I heard from a mate who has a contact high up in club hierarchy (no bullshit) that said Expected completion would be the middle of May. People getting bent out of shape for nothing here. It’s all on target

Wasn't aware we had a 'club hierarchy', isn't it just Lee, Steve & the tea lady?

We dont, its all Ashley with little Lee doing the cleaning in the stadium.

A beheading followed by a can, I reckon.

I'm strongly against the death penalty, but I would like to see Ashley beheaded on the centre circle.

I'm strongly against the death penalty, but I would like to see Ashley beheaded on the centre circle.

Followed by Charnley Bishop and Barnes and each of their heads put on the corner flags

I think a stone cold stunner, then allowing a capacity SJP to queue up to kick him in the balls, then a beheading.

It's entirely likely that the current circumstances will make that shit take much longer than normal.

Has a Saudi prince, Amanda Staveley, the billionaire Reuben brothers or the public investment fund of the state of Saudi Arabia ever been bankrupt should be a pretty fucking easy question to answer.

It's the influence over Sheffield United that is the only possible stumbling block. If they were to fail on that point I'd expect that Sheffield United's ownership would change very soon after and then they'd come back in for us.

Not sure how it works... But I'm not sure they'll say 'a company in Saudi arabia' will have any influence over Sheff United.  We all know who is in charge, but on paper is it actually the Saudi Prince who is being looked into?

I hope so, but the chairman of that company in Saudi Arabia is related to the owner of Sheffield United and could have him arbitrarily imprisoned / tortured / executed at the drop of a hat. If that isn't influence I don't know what is.

Yes, but if we are dealing in hypotheticals, the American owners of Liverpool could put out a hit on Leicester's chairman; about 50k might be enough to put the Leicester head in genuine danger. Perhaps we should call the police just in case.

Article on .co.uk. We may get a sniff that something is up from Caulkin or Burt a few minutes before.

I think we'll find out pretty quickly if they fail the test too, as the legal and PR wheels will start to spin.

:lol:

The only person at the club who would know anything would be Ashley.

Caulkin (Staveley) thought it would be complete by now.

I reckon it’ll be by some random on Twitter who notices that Lee Charnley is no longer Director of NUFC on Companies House and Amanda Staveley’s name is there.

I'm enjoying a frustrating argument between head and heart.

The latter says it hasn't been four weeks yet, and it will come soon enough. The heart is screaming for it to be announced.

So what's your head saying, then?

Guest Carrick18

I'm enjoying a frustrating argument between head and heart.

The latter says it hasn't been four weeks yet, and it will come soon enough. The heart is screaming for it to be announced.

So what's your head saying, then?

That I clearly need a coffee and some more sleep.  :lol:

Yes, but if we are dealing in hypotheticals, the American owners of Liverpool could put out a hit on Leicester's chairman; about 50k might be enough to put the Leicester head in genuine danger. Perhaps we should call the police just in case.

Well the whole test is a hypothetical matter; could one owner hypnotically hold influence over another. In reality there is absolutely no doubt that Mohammad Bin Salman holds influence (hierarchically, financially and in life and death terms) over the owner of Sheffield United. Whether the Premier League will choose to see it that way or not we'll find out soon, but it clearly is a potential issue.