Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

We just need to stay calm until ponsaelius[/member] gets back from the Barclays Prudhoe branch with all the info. hope he hurries up.

We just need to stay calm until ponsaelius[/member] gets back from the Barclays Prudhoe branch with all the info. hope he hurries up.

Depends if he meets that sexy Boxer dog on the way.

Who was the chap here that genuinely had ties to Ashley? Was it Golfmag? I can't remember off the top of my head.

Nah, Golfmag seemed to know someone who half knew Pardew. Something like that.

Towards the end I remember him trying to tell us all that he wasn't Ashley's yes man and something along the lines of him actually trying to push for the things we wanted, but the loathing for him was so intense that when he tried to tell us pretty much everyone rejected it. :lol:

I prefer to take people at their word until proven otherwise so I do believe what you guys are saying.

But playing devil’s advocate it can’t be easy being charvey.  Most blokes like to play billy big balls a bit and his salary (or lack of) is published.  He made out to be a stooge with supporters.  I could easily imagine him jumping the gun a bit to get some kudos.  Maybe there was unofficial word that it will be signed etc. 

Barclays could easily be part of the processing the purchases assuming it will be approved.  I don’t know the terms of the loan but it could be that they were informed that the transfer of ownership will be happening even before the Premiership approval.

On the flip side maybe it has been approved but the league said please no leaks so they have time to get their press in order during the money transfer. 

No one knows.

Seems more like, after PL approval, its the legal stuff, ie Barclays and money transfers. When it us all done 100% it will be announced.

I would expect Barclays to be notified of a change of owner after it has been approved. Can't think why they would need any of that info if there is still a chance that the sale doesn't go through.

I prefer to take people at their word until proven otherwise so I do believe what you guys are saying.

But playing devil’s advocate it can’t be easy being charvey.  Most blokes like to play billy big balls a bit and his salary (or lack of) is published.  He made out to be a stooge with supporters.  I could easily imagine him jumping the gun a bit to get some kudos.  Maybe there was unofficial word that it will be signed etc. 

Barclays could easily be part of the processing the purchases assuming it will be approved.  I don’t know the terms of the loan but it could be that they were informed that the transfer of ownership will be happening even before the Premiership approval.

On the flip side maybe it has been approved but the league said please no leaks so they have time to get their press in order during the money transfer. 

No one knows.

Seems more like, after PL approval, its the legal stuff, ie Barclays and money transfers. When it us all done 100% it will be announced.

I would expect Barclays to be notified of a change of owner after it has been approved. Can't think why they would need any of that info if there is still a chance that the sale doesn't go through.

You are most likely correct but the loans market is very bespoke.  You cannot guarantee what is in that particular agreement.  There could be rules in there that effects fee's/rates or ones that even force termination of the loan given ownership changes.  Notification can be used to calculate what will change so there are no suprises.

edit - my experience is more within the syndicated bank loans space where notifications are more likely to allow participants in the deal to remove their position before the actual change of the agreement so they do not break their own lending rules.

He knew Pardew's lawyer I think.

Was his agent wasn’t it? Anyway he had very good info whoever it was.

That’s how I remember it - and played a round of golf or two with the King himself too, if memory serves. And it seemed that in meeting the man, and being charmed, he chose to take Pardew’s part at a time when there was a lot of hatred for him here.